Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ktwist said:

Dam :) that was fast HmO... tahnk you verry verry verry much

If you can, I would suggest trying AppleAlc.kext + Lilu.kext. That would be an option. Also, in case you want to continue using Voodoohda, which you definitely can, maybe check if it's up to date.

Aaand, just in case there is an actual Clover issue, that might have been fixed from the latest official build to the latest available, you can give the attached one a try. See if it still occurs. But you should probably start with fixing the VoodooHDA issue first.

Clover_v2.4k_r4870.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

#Question:

I have 2 config*.plist files:

1. config.plist, it has KextToPatch: A=Enable

2. config_2.plist, with KextToPatch: A=Disable

config.plist will be used by default upon Clover boot. When I change it on "Options - Configs" to config_2.plist; can we make KextToPatch value using last changed (config_2.plist) instead of current boot'ed one? (at least, this is what I got on r4870, a bug?). Thanks.

Edited by Badruzeus

in 2019, i tested snow leopard installation with latest clover. i still like a snow leopard in 2019.

641646779_2019-02-0211_53_36.thumb.png.36f132f4b74fd5758077982d23eee50b.png

824886483_2019-02-0211_53_56.thumb.png.1787ad41eb679b9ecc747c7e7e85f0d6.png

also 

I could not imagine the day that bootchime and Snow Leopard installation video would come together. But recently, thanks to Goldfish64 and Slice, Things I have just imagined in the past have happened recently. Like Old Mac, I felt like a real Mac from the bootchime. After listening to the bootchime, when I listened to the music that came with the installation video, I was able to revive the impression when I first used the Mac. Thank Goldfish64 and Slice again.

• Like 6

Is there away to disable Clover GUI completely and still have bootchime start when the Apple Logo starts? This way to me would make hacks identical to real Macs.   

Nevermind, figured it out. Works like a charm.

Edited by Pavo

1 hour ago, Badruzeus said:

#Question:

I have 2 config*.plist files:

1. config.plist, it has KextToPatch: A=Enable

2. config_2.plist, with KextToPatch: A=Disable

config.plist will be used by default upon Clover boot. When I change it on "Options - Configs" to config_2.plist; can we make KextToPatch value using last changed (config_2.plist) rather than current boot'ed one? (at least, this is what I got on r4870, a bug?). Thanks.

Hmm...that sounds like a bug to me... I mean, if you selected a different config for booting, it should take all the elements of that config into account, right? I mean, that would make sense to me. Otherwise, what would be the point of switching to another config, if you're still getting some of the elements of the initial one upon booting? Are you saying it takes kext-to-patch from config1 rather than config2? Did I get that right?

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Hmm...that sounds like a bug to me... I mean, if you selected a different config for booting, it should take all the elements of that config into account, right? I mean, that would make sense to me. Otherwise, what would be the point of switching to another config, if you're still getting some of the elements of the initial one upon booting? Are you saying it takes kext-to-patch from config1 rather than config2? Did I get that right?

Yeah, for example with IntelHD 1st gen; KextToPatch related to GFX Framebuffer only, it has more than 5. I usually boot from config1 with Fake IntelGFX, disabled Framebuffer patches to reach Desktop. Once AppleIntelHDGraphics*.kext are installed; I need using another config w/o Fake IntelGFX and FB patches enabled.. hopefully, w/o rebooting mach to apply.

11 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

Yeah, for example with IntelHD 1st gen; KextToPatch related to GFX Framebuffer only, it has more than 5. I usually boot from config1 with Fake IntelGFX, disabled Framebuffer patches to reach Desktop. Once AppleIntelHDGraphics*.kext are installed; I need using another config w/o Fake IntelGFX and FB patches enabled.. hopefully, w/o rebooting mach to apply.

I'm a bit confused here. :)) After reaching Desktop, why not use the same config.plist, edit the Fake IntelGFX information and enable FB patches? And what do you mean by "hopefully without rebooting Mac to apply"? Don't you need to reboot to switch to config2 anyway?

Anyway, if you selected another config from Clover GUI options....it still sounds like a bug to me if it doesn't take into account all the information from that config. But I'm probably missing some information here.

Edited by arsradu

5 hours ago, arsradu said:

If you can, I would suggest trying AppleAlc.kext + Lilu.kext. That would be an option. Also, in case you want to continue using Voodoohda, which you definitely can, maybe check if it's up to date.

Aaand, just in case there is an actual Clover issue, that might have been fixed from the latest official build to the latest available, you can give the attached one a try. See if it still occurs. But you should probably start with fixing the VoodooHDA issue first.

Clover_v2.4k_r4870.zip

Using AppleALC + lilu and patching with FB Patcher i made sound to work on Dell Vostro on laptop speakers, but whenever i try to plug headphones in headphone jack, sound works for half a second and then stops.

5 minutes ago, ktwist said:

Using AppleALC + lilu and patching with FB Patcher i made sound to work on Dell Vostro on laptop speakers, but whenever i try to plug headphones in headphone jack, sound works for half a second and then stops.

This doesn't belong in this thread, it belongs in 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sherlocks said:

in 2019, i tested snow leopard installation with latest clover. i still like a snow leopard in 2019.

641646779_2019-02-0211_53_36.thumb.png.36f132f4b74fd5758077982d23eee50b.png

824886483_2019-02-0211_53_56.thumb.png.1787ad41eb679b9ecc747c7e7e85f0d6.png

also 

I could not imagine the day that bootchime and Snow Leopard installation video would come together. But recently, thanks to Goldfish64 and Slice, Things I have just imagined in the past have happened recently. Like Old Mac, I felt like a real Mac from the bootchime. After listening to the bootchime, when I listened to the music that came with the installation video, I was able to revive the impression when I first used the Mac. Thank Goldfish64 and Slice again.

How did you get this to work? I can't for the life of me get SL to boot.

13 hours ago, pkdesign said:

How did you get this to work? I can't for the life of me get SL to boot.

Make sure the drive is formatted HFS+ (there was no APFS when SL was launched), and that you also have either HFSPlus.efi or VBoxHFS.efi (added by Clover during installation) in your Drivers64 (legacy boot) or Drivers64UEFI (UEFI boot) folder.

Edited by arsradu

On 2/2/2019 at 5:12 PM, Sherlocks said:

in 2019, i tested snow leopard installation with latest clover. i still like a snow leopard in 2019

also 

That's awesome! I've only got one question: HOW? :))

Could you post a tutorial on how to achieve that? I couldn't even get it to boot into the installer. With FakeCPUId and everything. I get all kinds of errors. I started hackintoshing with Mavericks. And that worked pretty smoothly. I also did my best to do a little bit of research beforehand and pick up compatible components, and that definitely paid off, but even so, it went pretty smoothly and I've got very few issues to fix after that (mainly sound and ethernet). I couldn't imagine it would be so difficult to get older versions of Mac OS to boot. :)) Downgrading Clover didn't help either. 

Anyway, just so we don't spam this thread with stuff like this (since I'm not sure the errors are Clover related), would it be possible to create a new one with step-by-step on what to do to get it working? That would be awesome.

Anyway, getting that to work, to me is really impressive. Well done.

Edited by arsradu

On 2/3/2019 at 6:35 AM, arsradu said:

Make sure the drive is formatted HFS+ (there was no APFS when SL was launched), and that you also have either HFSPlus.efi or VBoxHFS.efi (added by Clover during installation) in your Drivers64 (legacy boot) or Drivers64UEFI (UEFI boot) folder.

HFSPlus and are in my Drivers64 folder and I only have HFS+ drives on my system.

Maybe I missed it but can someone explain the need for FSInject and SMCHelper? I forgot to install them the last time and my machine boots and works just fine? Are they unnecessary for non-UEFI mobos? Or is it just not needed for High Sierra?

Also, not sure if this is really a needed fix but...when I got to install Clover, UEFI drivers are check by default and no BIOS drivers are checked even though the installer has "Clover EFI 64-bits BiosBlockIO" checked by default. So I assume the installer knows this is a legacy BIOS install.

I always have to uncheck the UEFI drivers and check the BIOS drivers I need.

21 minutes ago, pkdesign said:

Maybe I missed it but can someone explain the need for FSInject and SMCHelper? I forgot to install them the last time and my machine boots and works just fine? Are they unnecessary for non-UEFI mobos? Or is it just not needed for High Sierra?

Also, not sure if this is really a needed fix but...when I got to install Clover, UEFI drivers are check by default and no BIOS drivers are checked even though the installer has "Clover EFI 64-bits BiosBlockIO" checked by default. So I assume the installer knows this is a legacy BIOS install.

I always have to uncheck the UEFI drivers and check the BIOS drivers I need.

FS-Inject: is responsible for kext injection from Clover folder

SMCHelper: Restores SMC keys left in NVRAM by FakeSMC.

Now wether or not they're required for non-UEFI motherboards..., that I don't know. But since they're both under Drivers64UEFI, my guess is that they might not be...? Although...in order to boot, you still need FakeSMC, right? Which still needs to be injected from Clover/kexts. So...I really don't know.

Also, what you're describing looks more like a missing feature, maybe, more than a bug. But if my theory is correct and none of the Drivers64UEFI files is necessary for legacy booting...then, I guess there's just a matter of checking whether or not Clover Legacy is selected, before displaying UEFI drivers.

I don't know. I could be talking stupid. So don't take my word for it. Maybe someone has a better idea and understanding of what's going on in this case and whether or not those UEFI drivers should be checked when selecting Legacy booting. I personally haven't used that in a veeeery long time.

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, pkdesign said:

Even without FSInject or SMCHelper in drivers64 (and obviously not in driver64UEFI, I have nothing in there), FakeSMC and realtekALC audio drivers both load just fine without them.

What could we say w/o any log? Perhaps, your Blah blah blah kexts are installed on LE/SLE and not \efi\clover\kext\xxxxx..?

#AFAICT FakeSMC is still working (just working) with no SMCHelper*.efi.. not really sure if you'll get problem with iCould, iMessage etc.

#̶L̶o̶L̶.̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶p̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶C̶l̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶l̶u̶d̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶i̶t̶e̶m̶'̶s̶ ̶"̶D̶e̶s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶i̶o̶n̶"̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶,̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶h̶ ̶h̶a̶a̶.̶

Screenshot 2.png

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1