Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Thanks again to every one who has donated, almost half way to the goal - $125 of $300! If you donate please PM me so I know who you are and can add you to the donors list, otherwise I only have vague details. Or if you've already donated and haven't PM'd me please do so. Thanks!

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

EDIT: Getting closer $180 of $300. I appreciate the donations! Just need to get that last bit so I can get my eye exam and continue to see! Cause I'm really blind.

• Like 4

Thanks again to every one who has donated, almost half way to the goal - $125 of $300! If you donate please PM me so I know who you are and can add you to the donors list, otherwise I only have vague details. Or if you've already donated and haven't PM'd me please do so. Thanks!

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

EDIT: Getting closer $180 of $300. I appreciate the donations! Just need to get that last bit so I can get my eye exam and continue to see! Cause I'm really blind.

So your'e not going to disappear again this time ?

• Like 3

So your'e not going to disappear again this time ?

Hmmmmm.... A seven day old account, seems legit, definitely not someone else pretending.... But you have no idea why I left insanelymac before, so I'll tell you. It actually had to do with people harassing the {censored} out of me constantly about how they wanted clover to function or behave or that something was wrong even though they wouldn't listen to my advice about what THEY did wrong. I was getting an insane amount of PMs asking for help when I had just answered the question in the forum for everyone, or people asking the same question in the post immediately following the answer to said question. Then several of my posts were edited for no reason.... I've never left clover, I'm the administrator. I've coded for it since the beginning, and you could have seen that in other places just not on this site. And I've never taken money before, probably because I've been doing this for seven years for free. I think that if I'm devoting so much time where I have to choose between paying work or this, I either need to get some sort of compensation or I won't be doing it. I need to live. So maybe get your facts straight before saying something that is not true.

EDIT: And another thing, I just said that I plan on releasing tests at the end of February, beginning of March. I have been working on this and accepting donations for months... While also still doing my normal work, still doing stuff for v2, and still administering the project. Who do you think handles the tickets and keeps the repositories in order?

EDIT2: Just for anyone's piece of mind $200 is less than one-fifth of my costs. It's about three or four days of work a month, although I am actually spending probably half the month coding. I need to get an eye exam this month, I either won't be able to code for clover but for those few days or I need that extra $100 donation. My great insurance that covers everything with no co-pay except the eye exam, it even covers my contacts but not the exam, what a scam.

EDIT3: Note that I definitely won't make the deadline I said if this is the case.

EDIT4: One last note, there would already be a clover v3 if not for the fact that my macbook was stolen and had the source on it. Plus I've made some design changes because of some stuff that was a problem in the previous iteration.

This reply does not instil confidence in donation

I'm pretty sure that it's another member, and I'm pretty sure who, pretending to be a different member, having no idea what they are talking about.

• Like 9

Hi all :)

But you have no idea why I left insanelymac before, so I'll tell you.

.......   .........

Then several of my posts were edited for no reason.... 

was me (and is not a secret  :ph34r: ), 

but only one post and you immediately know this because I left "edited by Micky1979".  What was later wasn't be me, just to let you know in case of doubts   :). But, You should also say we adjust that later, or I hope, after my apologies in PM where I've got an answer from you some time later (and I was happy). 

Another thing, I'm going to make a tiny donation (edit: done) to you because I'm playing with Clover stuff everyday since I still have hacks and I still  love to program or see good programs and is a good pastime, only I'm bored by forums.

Hmmmmm.... A seven day old account, seems legit, definitely not someone else pretending.... 

I'm pretty sure that it's another member, and I'm pretty sure who, pretending to be a different member, having no idea what they are talking about.

I thought the same thing. I didn't remembar a third person in this story  :unsure:, but a direct intrest in this also make me think that this guy has a double account to make sensitive questions :lol: . What make my  laugh is thinking of a possible duplicate staff member account (just a thought, not the truth  :hysterical: ). Anyway I don't care maybe just a follower.

Now I'll logout again and forever, all the best!

P.S. Yes, peoples are strange, they want without doing nothing, pretend, someone do, someone else makes money...less then peoples really involved. 

• Like 2

Haha, no, Micky, you just happened to get the final straw. It had been happening more often and I was getting sick of it. There is a definite difference now, I notice every once in a while that my post gets edited but it's usually because I cursed or there was extra/not needed words. I'm fine with that, it was when the meaning of what I was saying was changed that was getting to me. But it's done and over with and doesn't need anymore attention. Thanks for the donation.

Thanks again to every one who has donated!! Almost there $255 of $300.

• Like 5

hi Apíanti,

This is even a forum full of fake accounts, and full of post editors as well :hysterical:
By the way I have keratoconus, I do not know if this is your case
but any problem related to vision is very complicated.
Good luck!

hi Apíanti,

This is even a forum full of fake accounts, and full of post editors as well :hysterical:

By the way I have keratoconus, I do not know if this is your case

but any problem related to vision is very complicated.

Good luck!

OT but I have always had terrible vision, I can't see past a few feet without correction but I have better than 20/20 corrected. I have to wear glasses or contacts to legally drive. My one eye is developing an astigmatism and the other constantly loses focus and gets lazy but that's only since my accident. I think it was damaged by the movement of my septum and sinus cavities when they were crushed. I'm on medicine that seems to keep it pretty well focused unless I use it a lot (like tons of reading) or when I get really tired. And I had facial reconstruction to correct those sinuses so it's not as bad, but my septum did not stay set and moved back to where it was broken, so I mainly just have migraines.

@ apianti you are "working" for 7 years and you think is time for asking donations?

What about those who started and pushed this osx86 "scene" how many you saw asking for donations, and how much did they worked before you even started or found what is osx86?

Do you think you are the only one who is sick or needs money for various reasons, medical or not?

Do what we all do, get a job, and if you can't start a blog like other "famous" coders did and ask there for money, please don't plague this forum with those yellow DONATE buttons.

Thanks! .

• Like 4

@ apianti you are "working" for 7 years and you think is time for asking donations?

What about those who started and pushed this osx86 "scene" how many you saw asking for donations, and how much did they worked before you even started or found what is osx86?

Do you think you are the only one who is sick or needs money for various reasons, medical or not?

Do what we all do, get a job, and if you can't start a blog like other "famous" coders did and ask there for money, please don't plague this forum with those yellow DONATE buttons.

Thanks! .

How does other developers asked for donation or not, make apianti's seven years of work unworthy of donation?

Where in the forum rules that says developers cannot ask for donation?

How does other developers asked for donation or not, make apianti's seven years of work unworthy of donation?

I don't think THe KiNG has a problem with anyone offering a way to donate money, but rather with the frequent, dedicated posts to promote that.
  • Like 2

Thanks! .

It's amazing how you didn't get anything right. I have been part of clover for 7 years, because that's about how long it's been around. I never said I wasn't around before that, I've had a hack since they started making Intel macs........ I'm not asking for donations because I'm sick, I'm asking for them so that I can concentrate some time specifically to clover v3 instead of working. So unsure what your problem is.....  :rolleyes:

No and I've seen plenty of people ask for donations. This has nothing to do with the past and everything to do with right now because of v3.

I don't think THe KiNG has a problem with anyone offering a way to donate money, but rather with the frequent, dedicated posts to promote that.

You mean all three or four of them. Also strange how I never see THe KiNG until he wants to come and antagonize, and it's really none of his business.

@Everyone,

Thanks to everyone who donated, the goal has been reached this month. If you still want to donate that is perfectly acceptable, lol. Thanks again! Hopefully I won't disappoint all of you...

• Like 5

I will leave a very personal opinion. I think that when someone donates money it is because they want, not because someone they ask for it. A few years ago I found the way to install Yosemite in the Haswell-E eight cores something that nobody could do at that time. Many people donated me money, money that I did not ask for. But they felt that they had to do it for my work. I am not an important person in this forum but I think donations come from the person so with the yellow button of donations is enough.

I will leave a very personal opinion. I think that when someone donates money it is because they want, not because someone they ask for it. A few years ago I found the way to install Yosemite in the Haswell-E eight cores something that nobody could do at that time. Many people donated me money, money that I did not ask for. But they felt that they had to do it for my work. I am not an important person in this forum but I think donations come from the person so with the yellow button of donations is enough.

You're entitled to your opinion and I definitely respect that but it's not like I was spamming the forum unnecessarily. That yellow button is just the link to my paypal donation account, it's in my signature as well and has been for a very long time. That may make it seem like it's there a lot now but you probably really didn't even notice it before and many others also have similar links. I might be able to change it but I never even tried that's just what paypal gave me. I am asking for donations to write a huge amount of code on my own, I've tried to get others to help for years and I've already lost a previous attempt which took me maybe two years doing in my free time. I'd like to do it faster and I'm asking for people to donate so I can do that by not working as much (the donations supplement my reduced income). I'm not strong-arming any one, and no one is going to donate if they didn't want such a thing. Also the point is moot because I raised the money. Hopefully in the future I won't have to ask as you say but I do have to point out that I wrote a significant amount of the features in clover or had part in designing them. I've never asked for credit or anything, and I'm still not, but there should be an understanding that this money isn't being donated just because I want it, it's to advance the project. Which I'm not sure if you've noticed but it's becoming very large and unmanageable, and needs to be redesigned into more appropriate UEFI models. Plus I think it's probably an appropriate time to split the legacy firmware and the GUI at this point since UEFI firmware is becoming more prevalent than legacy.

It's amazing how you didn't get anything right. I have been part of clover for 7 years, because that's about how long it's been around. I never said I wasn't around before that, I've had a hack since they started making Intel macs........ I'm not asking for donations because I'm sick, I'm asking for them so that I can concentrate some time specifically to clover v3 instead of working. So unsure what your problem is.....  :rolleyes:

I got it very right, and is funny that I don't remember you been around "since they started making intel macs", maybe you used a different nick, may I guess one or you will bring the light to my old brain? ROFL

No and I've seen plenty of people ask for donations. This has nothing to do with the past and everything to do with right now because of v3.

I don't have a (big) problem with people asking for donations in a decent way, I do with those who make it aggressive like you did and on top of that with those who make a condition of work "donate so I can continue" is clearly equal with "if you do not donate or the goal for this month(another condition) is not reached you will not deliver..."

You mean all three or four of them. Also strange how I never see THe KiNG until he wants to come and antagonize, and it's really none of his business.

post-53345-0-97472600-1517288033_thumb.jpg

That ^^ is what pissed me, the manner you did it, the frequencies etc.

This is not your forum, if you want to beg for money do it in private or own blog/site.

• Like 3

I really don't need to justify my actions from twelve or ten or five years ago to you, grow up, I care about today. I made no condition of work, I'm trying to redesign clover so it's not a giant mess. This is a thread for clover, and I'm trying to get donations to work on clover more. I'm going to work on clover v3 no matter what because that's what I want to do, I am working on it currently and I'm going to continue. The whole concept is that if I can receive these donations then I can work on clover more because I can work less, which means getting done faster, that's all. You're being kind of a jerk. I wasn't aggressive at all, there are only two posts there in your image where I actually posted the link the rest are in my signature and one is in a quote in someone else's post. I'm not begging for money, I am asking for donations to the clover project. Don't donate if you don't want to donate, I'm not offended. I would have just worked more this month and not as much on clover. I'm not sure if you don't get that there's a trade off or not, but in order to increase one, the other has to be decreased...

• Like 2

I made no condition of work, I'm trying to redesign clover so it's not a giant mess. [...] I'm going to work on clover v3 no matter what because that's what I want to do, I am working on it currently and I'm going to continue.

I think that if I'm devoting so much time where I have to choose between paying work or this, I either need to get some sort of compensation or I won't be doing it.

Maybe you should just choose your words more wisely in the future. Not a fan of this soap opera discussion from both sides, but I do see the points...

@devs

Hi

Is in the latest clover release a new Hidden features which Unlock automatically MSR 0Ex2 or similar on locked bios?

Is it  possible to produce an intentional freeze on my rig to verify it?

In few words is it possible to force OSX to write something in that (eventually) locked location?

It seems in my rig it is not more mandatory to have or not an Unlocked (with code rush's UEFIPatch) bios

Thank you

Maybe you should just choose your words more wisely in the future. Not a fan of this soap opera discussion from both sides, but I do see the points...

I didn't create any drama, everything was perfectly fine, then others came and made it out like I'm a dishonest criminal because I dared to ask for donations. Also I think my words are just being misinterpreting. Like the second quote there, when I said "I won't be doing it," I meant devoting as much time, not never coding again... Because you know I'll have to work more...

Make macOS great again!

This is gold right here.

@devs

Hi

Is in the latest clover release a new Hidden features which Unlock automatically MSR 0Ex2 or similar on locked bios?

Is it  possible to produce an intentional freeze on my rig to verify it?

In few words is it possible to force OSX to write something in that (eventually) locked location?

It seems in my rig it is not more mandatory to have or not an Unlocked (with code rush's UEFIPatch) bios

Thank you

Yeah, macOS writes to that register. Clover detects if this register is locked or not and applies a patch if locked. Check your boot.log, there is a line that says checking MSR 0xE2 and says whether locked or not. I am unsure if you can disable it without editing the code...

@devs

Hi

If I correctly understand you then no. Clover can't unlock 0xE2 if it is locked. Because the register is WriteOnce. Once BIOS write the bit then nobody can write second time. It is locked.

• Like 2

Yeah, macOS writes to that register. Clover detects if this register is locked or not and applies a patch if locked. Check your boot.log, there is a line that says checking MSR 0xE2 and says whether locked or not. I am unsure if you can disable it without editing the code...

If I correctly understand you then no. Clover can't unlock 0xE2 if it is locked. Because the register is WriteOnce. Once BIOS write the bit then nobody can write second time. It is locked.

Sorry A bit confused 

Is it valid Apianti Statement or Slice one?

Clover detects it locked and unlock it or clover can't unlock 0xE2?

Edited by Guest

I think, clover can not unlock a CPU register which is locked by bios.

If msr 0xe2 is locked, no one can write to this. If you do, System reboots with Kernel panic.

You must unlock the register in your bios, see the guides for ASUS X99 and X299.