Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Hi,

clover 4392 fails to install into ESP partition since updating to 10.13.4 beta 1.

Earlier working fine.

just reporting.

Can you post the output of these commands?

diskutil list > ~/Desktop/output.txt
diskutil info / >> ~/Desktop/output.txt
diskutil apfs list >> ~/Desktop/output.txt

does clover 4392 have issues loading slices latest fakesmc.kext 3.5.0 or any fakesmc.kext on 10.6.8 it will not load for me. dsmos hangs, from other or 10.6 folders I had to resort to iatkos dvd to boot that HDD LOL... some one save me hahah.

FakeSMC 3.5.0 not boot 10.6 

you need FakeSMC 4.2 attaching bellow

Put in 10.6 Folder, make sure your not have another FakeSMC in Other 

or use Rehabman FakeSMC in Other its boot all OS X

FakeSMC.kext.zip

• Like 3

???

He's using Google Translate to post here, since he is from my country and middle-aged people here often don't know any English at all. Also his questions are always off topic to this discussion, you can safely ignore him. About FakeSMC, did Slice's variant work ?

• Like 1

same issue even with your fakesmc. 

I am just boot snow 10.6.8 Clover 4392  - FakeSMC 4.2

Witch  version of snow you have ?

He's using Google Translate to post here, since he is from my country and middle-aged people here often don't know any English at all. Also his questions are always off topic to this discussion, you can safely ignore him. About FakeSMC, did Slice's variant work ?

Ok thanks

it's in my first post. 10.6.8. are you using newaptoio and rc scripts? this is legacy bios machine. but clover is installed in EFI partition. HS works fine.

I Have ESP also Legacy Bios not need AptioFix ;  the Drivers64 is enough

do you use this boot args

-v dart=0 arch=x86_64

???

I mean install new Clover 4392 and copy RehabMan-FakeSMC-2017-1017.zip to EFI\Clover\kext\other 

I do not need to copy FakeSMC 4.2

My PC install 4 OS : macos Capitan 10.11.6 + Sierra 10.12.6 + High Sierra 10.13.2 +10.13.3 

I was choosing x64 from clover space bar options but I put the flag in manually into config. it seems to boot snow leo now. thanks chris. I wanted to test if shutdown worked properly in another os because in hs it shuts down but leaves the fans running in snow Leo it shutdown fine.

• Like 1

Hi,

clover 4392 fails to install into ESP partition since updating to 10.13.4 beta 1.

Earlier working fine.

just reporting.

Hi ,

Attached files as requested.

I am on legacy bios, install clover in esp and partition formatted as apfs.

Regards

list.zip

• Like 1

Hi ,

Attached files as requested.

I am on legacy bios, install clover in esp and partition formatted as apfs.

Regards

This is my modified script. Can you test it?

You could just run it as root and check, where your nvram.plist is saved:

sudo /path/to/the/saveNVRAM

Hey everyone! I hope to have a Clover v3 test build some time at the end of February or early March. If you haven't already donated to Clover v3 development (or would like to donate again), please help me out by donating as I would like to not die in the process, lol. I have some extra costs this month so any donation is appreciated and means I will have more time to code for Clover. Thanks!

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

• Like 7

I was choosing x64 from clover space bar options but I put the flag in manually into config. it seems to boot snow leo now. thanks chris. I wanted to test if shutdown worked properly in another os because in hs it shuts down but leaves the fans running in snow Leo it shutdown fine.

The good things is this boot args can boot any OS's  ;)

I mean install new Clover 4392 and copy RehabMan-FakeSMC-2017-1017.zip to EFI\Clover\kext\other 

I do not need to copy FakeSMC 4.2

My PC install 4 OS : macos Capitan 10.11.6 + Sierra 10.12.6 + High Sierra 10.13.2 +10.13.3 

Thats Correct

FakeSMC 4 is only for Snow and Lion

• Like 1

Hey everyone! I hope to have a Clover v3 test build some time at the end of February or early March. If you haven't already donated to Clover v3 development (or would like to donate again), please help me out by donating as I would like to not die in the process, lol. I have some extra costs this month so any donation is appreciated and means I will have more time to code for Clover. Thanks!

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

apianti Chek your PayPal again

Thanks for the work 

Meesage for all PLEASE DONATE FOR HELP Development Clover V3

• Like 2

Thanks Chris! I appreciate any help, which also means that the end product gets finished faster too. I have to get a stupid eye exam and they are the most ridiculous scam ever, $100 for them to tell me my eyes haven't changed in twenty years....

@smolderas,

Clover v3 won't provide legacy firmware, but it will still work on legacy emulated UEFI firmware. Most likely after v3 stabilizes v2 will have parts removed so that it only builds the legacy firmware.

@Slice, do you have "any" plans with moving Clover source to GitHub instead of keeping it on SourceForge?

Unsure what the difference is? Maybe eventually. Seems fine to me now though...

• Like 4

Hey guys, I hate to keep asking for donations but in order to be able to have time to code for clover I need to rely on some donations. My goal was $200 for the previous two months which was reached quickly and easily. The goal this month is $300 because I have an extra expense, but I have only received $40. Please donate any amount that you are able, it would help me immensely and will get v3 out faster. So please donate!

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

EDIT: If you do donate please PM me so I can add you to the list of donors.

What is going to change with Clover v3 ?

A new GUI, better memory management, better theming with scalable graphics and scripting actions, no dependence on EDK2 or legacy code, and separating OS specific stuff into separate modules so that they aren't used unless wanted (this is an issue say if you want to use clover on a real mac currently it still modifies stuff when it doesn't need to since it's a real mac). Among other stuff.

• Like 8