Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Delete efi drivers specific for FileVault2.

I've cut the drivers in drivers64UEFI down to:

• apfs.efi
  • DataHubDxe-64.efi
  • EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
  • FSInject-64.efi
  • HFSPlus.efo
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
  • OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
  • PartitionDxe-64.efi

But still end up with just a line of '++++++++++'s when booting any clover over r4128.  Did I miss a driver, or is it something else weird with my system?

Hi Guys; I'm finding that the combination of Clover 4220 and High Sierra is not allowing kext patches to AICPUPM. Patching of other kexts seems to be working. I've manually applied the patches directly to AICPUPM and it's working, so I know the patches themselves (Stinga11's Sandy Bridge patches for PM) are good.

Search doesn't appear to be working right now, so I'm sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

• apfs.efi
  • DataHubDxe-64.efi
  • EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
  • FSInject-64.efi
  • HFSPlus.efo
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
  • OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
  • PartitionDxe-64.efi

But still end up with just a line of '++++++++++'s when booting any clover over r4128.  Did I miss a driver, or is it something else weird with my system?

do you have UEFI? seems like a lot of "extra" drivers. I mean I can boot my Lenovo T420 with Clover with just 2 drivers - apfs.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. (it has native nvram)

did you try OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead Fix2?

• apfs.efi
  • DataHubDxe-64.efi
  • EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
  • FSInject-64.efi
  • HFSPlus.efo
  • OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
  • OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
  • PartitionDxe-64.efi

Instead of efo there must be efi.

OsxFatBinaryDrv can be excluded as it needed only for 10.7, 10.8.

You may stopped at this moment is something in SMBIOS is wrong. For example BoardSN. It may be a Clover bug there are many changes here.

Hi Guys; I'm finding that the combination of Clover 4220 and High Sierra is not allowing kext patches to AICPUPM. Patching of other kexts seems to be working. I've manually applied the patches directly to AICPUPM and it's working, so I know the patches themselves (Stinga11's Sandy Bridge patches for PM) are good.

Search doesn't appear to be working right now, so I'm sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

Impossible. How do you think other users can boot?

do you have UEFI? seems like a lot of "extra" drivers. I mean I can boot my Lenovo T420 with Clover with just 2 drivers - apfs.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. (it has native nvram)

did you try OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead Fix2?

Sorry, but for legacy boot that you mean OsxAptioFix can be excluded but FSInject needed in all cases.

Other drivers embedded into CloverEFI and absent in BIOS UEFI.

Just wanted to confirm. If I install latest Clover 4081 on my SSD, then attempt inplace upgrade to 10.13 I don't have to worry about specifying Firmware Features / Firmware Features Mask (not sure which / both is relevant)?

Latest Clover release is 4220: https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

But no, in theory you shouldn't be worried about the FFM. You probably need to update your SMBIOS though, but Clover contains the latest FFM already

Hi Guys, is clover working when installed at the efi section on an afps volume for booting high sierra?

also is clover legacy working installed on afps volume???

thx in advance, i completely missed the beta testings .-(

Both should work fine if using the latest Clover revision (r4220). However, you'll need apfs.efi to be in your drivers64 or drivers64UEFI folder

apfs.efi.zip

Both should work fine if using the latest Clover revision (r4220). However, you'll need apfs.efi to be in your drivers64 or drivers54UEFI folder

attachicon.gifapfs.efi.zip

As ricoc90 points out - for APFS to boot you need the apfs.efi driver (attached).

To be clear: install this driver into your ESP - BEFORE upgrading - especially if your boot disk is an SSD.

why?

if the HDD is an SSD, the High Sierra upgrade process will convert it from HFS to APFS. 

so be sure to avoid the chicken and egg problem of how to copy /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi to the ESP!

Instead of efo there must be efi.

OsxFatBinaryDrv can be excluded as it needed only for 10.7, 10.8.

You may stopped at this moment is something in SMBIOS is wrong. For example BoardSN. It may be a Clover bug there are many changes here.

Impossible. How do you think other users can boot?

Sorry, but for legacy boot that you mean OsxAptioFix can be excluded but FSInject needed in all cases.

Other drivers embedded into CloverEFI and absent in BIOS UEFI.

Sorry - .efo was a typo, it's .efi on the system.

I'm using EFI, so I'll remove the FatBinary driver, and regenerate the SMBIOS and give it another try. 

If it is a bug, is there anything I can do to help you guys debug?  I'm a developer, but almost entirely focused on web and mobile so I'm likely of little to no use directly.  I can provide you with system info and a zip of my EFI partition if it'd help?

The nvram.plist file is created by the rc scripts. Did you install those? Otherwise nothing is persisted if you use emuvariable.

I already installed. Even I installed again but nothing change no nvram.plist. I know my Z170 Bios v3504 doesn't support native nvram. But how I boot without problem. Even how I use iMessage I don't get it. 

Are you using APFS? Because I am not sure that the rc scripts were updated to fix the finding the correct volume like the installer was.

EDIT: Are you sure your native NVRAM isn't working? Have you tried setting a random variable and check if it's there after boot? There's no way you have working iMessage without NVRAM, so maybe it's saving it somewhere you don't see? Did you look in the boot log and determine where nvram.plist was loading from (or not)?

• Like 1

RE: nvram scripts... they still work for me on APFS?

$ nvram -p|grep Emu
EfiEmuVariableIsPresent true

$ sudo /etc/rc.boot.d/20.mount_ESP.local
Not auto mounting EFI partition
v1.16.2 (c) 2017 syscl/lighting/Yating Zhou, tluck, Sherlocks
Registering LogoutHook as /Library/Application Support/Clover/CloverDaemon-stopservice

$ sudo /etc/rc.shutdown.d/80.save_nvram_plist.local
v1.16.5 (c) 2017 syscl/lighting/Yating Zhou, tluck, Sherlocks, lvs1974
2017-09-29-12:48:56  disk0: ESP -- Target  -- /Volumes/ESP-01/EFI/CLOVER
2017-09-29-12:48:56  disk1: ------ Ignored -- No ESP on disk
2017-09-29-12:48:56  NVRAM: No change since last update in /Volumes/ESP-01/nvram.plist

$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *512.1 GB   disk0
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:                 Apple_APFS Container disk1         459.7 GB   disk0s2
   3:       Apple_KernelCoreDump                         655.4 MB   disk0s3
   4:       Microsoft Basic Data C                       50.6 GB    disk0s4
   5:           Windows Recovery                         995.1 MB   disk0s5
/dev/disk1 (synthesized):
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      APFS Container Scheme -                      +459.7 GB   disk1
                                 Physical Store disk0s2
   1:                APFS Volume macOS                   335.1 GB   disk1s1
   2:                APFS Volume Preboot                 18.5 MB    disk1s2
   3:                APFS Volume Recovery                520.3 MB   disk1s3
   4:                APFS Volume VM                      8.6 GB     disk1s4
  • Like 2

Are you using APFS? Because I am not sure that the rc scripts were updated to fix the finding the correct volume like the installer was.

EDIT: Are you sure your native NVRAM isn't working? Have you tried setting a random variable and check if it's there after boot? There's no way you have working iMessage without NVRAM, so maybe it's saving it somewhere you don't see? Did you look in the boot log and determine where nvram.plist was loading from (or not)?

I installed RC Script again and this time I didnt restart shutdown whole machine. Then restart nvram.plist created on right place. I also checked in boot.log nvram.plist looks loaded. Everything working now. Thank you all.

Hi,

Here is my problem.

I have a Gigabyte Gaming 5P with 6900K and GTX 760 with High Sierra.

With the help of Toleda I've managed to get the HDMI to work (sort of).

Problem is almost all of the time, when HDMI is enabled  the system would hang indefinitely in boot with the message kextd stall[x] .

Most of the issues with kextd stall seem to have been related to AppleACPIPlatform, but this is not my case. 

Please see this image: http://www.mediafire.com/view/i6yl2q16cc1zw7w/IMG_20170929_133925.jpg

If I remove the Nvidia HDMI ssdt patch from Toleda or if I inject Nvidia HDMI, then the HDMI is no longer working but the system boots fine.

I am out of ideas and I don't know who to turn to.

Thank you!

Attached Clover EFI folder: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jsf94fhkbbb3sd3/EFI-2.zip

Hi guys, since upgrading to the latest clover, Ive got it working fine but I get strange messages from clover just before the selection screen. Also, at the selection screen, my images are now missing. Please see the two photos for what I mean. Im also on the latest Clover.

Any help much appreciated

post-1154298-0-39602300-1506739378_thumb.jpg

post-1154298-0-05776500-1506739397_thumb.jpg

Hi guys, since upgrading to the latest clover, Ive got it working fine but I get strange messages from clover just before the selection screen. Also, at the selection screen, my images are now missing. Please see the two photos for what I mean. Im also on the latest Clover.

Any help much appreciated

Second screen corresponds to apfs.efi driver is in DEBUG state.

Missing embedded icons is known issue that is still not resolved.

Downloadable icons are always good. So the problem is in icons itself. May be someone draw a better embedded theme? It should be as small as possible.

• Like 1