Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

my haswell latop  shows acpiplatform error.. i find others's haswell shows the same error .bad luck ,is there any solution?

my hardware :i5 4210m hd4600+gt840m 

hi,haswell has acpiplatform error..what should i do?

This is a clover developing thread, not a Q&A thread

I don't think it's about the kexts. What error are you getting? Did you replace whichever Clover you had before with the one from Sherlock's post above?

Do you have APFS.efi in your drivers folder?

Anyway, I attached the kexts I'm using. But keep in mind that you might need different ones...assuming it's a kext problem. Which I'm not so sure it is.

I still don't have sound in High Sierra. But I'm assuming that's because some of the kexts are not yet updates. That's not a problem, since this is not my main system. However, it should at least boot with these.

I get stuck and Installer screen, when I choose "Install new macOS" and continue...

I use clover 4081, already put apfs.efi in drive64uefi.

Edit: I mean if I use createinstaller USB, I get that error. But If update directly from application folder, I got ACPICPU :))

I get stuck and Installer screen, when I choose "Install new macOS" and continue...

I use clover 4081, already put apfs.efi in drive64uefi.

Edit: I mean if I use createinstaller USB, I get that error. But If update directly from application folder, I got ACPICPU :))

Well, if you got to the installer screen, your problem is most likely not the kexts.

Could you, please, take a screenshot of the screen you get stuck to? Did you make the USB drive using the createinstallmedia method?

Is your config.plist the same one for both your main installation (on the HDD/SSD) and the USB one? Are you using the exact same drivers? Are you booting with Clover r4081? If you go with the direct upgrade, make sure you boot with the correct Clover version.

Well, if you got to the installer screen, your problem is most likely not the kexts.

Could you, please, take a screenshot of the screen you get stuck to? Did you make the USB drive using the createinstallmedia method?

Yes i use createinstallmedia method, i get stuck here after click Continue.

The speed before is very slow.

post-1740423-0-46225400-1496816702_thumb.jpg

I have the same issue. Also if I click on Disk Utilitity it just keeps loading disks and not loading.

Is your config.plist the same one for both your main installation (on the HDD/SSD) and the USB one? Are you using the exact same drivers? Are you booting with Clover r4081? If you go with the direct upgrade, make sure you boot with the correct Clover version.

Yes, I use the same config with main system, but I check -v and nv_disable in the one on usb. Clover 4081, I'me sure. Both of them.

Yes, I use the same config with main system, but I check -v and nv_disable in the one on usb. Clover 4081, I'me sure. Both of them.

You can see my config in main system

Hmm...that is odd... Do you have any failed installation files onto your destination drive? If so, you need to remove them (most likely from Terminal) and try again .

@Slice

i did test High sierra.

some users has ACPIPlatform error. not related clover now. just suspect. other users have to find solution

sandy, broadwell, skylake(me) seems no problem. 

you have to just make folder "10.13" when commit

i will update platformdata.c infomation and gma.c source. 

thanks in advance :)

Hi. someone said that sbmios shoube set  ffm ..

So sad, now I can only boot to 10.13 system (Sierra HD dmg) with Enoch, get reboot with Clover.

The createinstallmedia USB installer gets reboot with Enoch and Clover.

But MBR installer boot fine with Clover and Enoch, and still get OSInstall.mpkg error with it.

I think, my hardware (E8400) is going to die..........for High Sierra... :(

It's time to update to 7xxx cpu now. :yes:

E8400 here too and I finally managed to finish my installation (not without suffering) thanks to the latest Clover version from Sherlock (I have used createinstallmedia method).

^_^

So sad, now I can only boot to 10.13 system (Sierra HD dmg) with Enoch, get reboot with Clover.

The createinstallmedia USB installer gets reboot with Enoch and Clover.

But MBR installer boot fine with Clover and Enoch, and still get OSInstall.mpkg error with it.

I think, my hardware (E8400) is going to die..........for High Sierra...

@crazybirdy: For some reasons I'm still using old MBR scheme, if you could share patched "OSInstall" framework binary for MBR under 10.13 is great appreciated. Thanks. :)  

Guest ricoc90

I got stuck there too. What worked for me was going back to language chooser

I successfully installed HS with Sherlocks v2 drivers and in APFS.

I'm also forced to use nv_disable=1 because it reboots at graphic start.

Now I'm using HD 4000 of my i7-3770 and it's accelerated.

But the system is slow as hell on my hard disk WD500.

I could inject kexts FakeSMC and my network chip.

Here's my config.plist if someone likes to check if there is something wrong.

config.plist.zip

Fixed

need this keys "ALI0/ALRV/ALV0/MSLD/RMde" in FakeSMC.kext's info.

added

Slice's FakeSMC r43 has 5 keys above. previous r40 version doesn't have those keys. it's good. thanks Slice.

Hello,Where is the slice's FakeSMC?

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors3.hwsensors.p/

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors/

I have used RM's FakeSMC and it dont have this 5 keys and have problem in emu nvram.

@Rehabman

Can you add this 5 keys in your FakeSMC?

The latest Clover builds have FirmwareFeaturesMask set to 0xffffffff. Although I can't see any negative side-effect to this, the correct value is 0xff1fff3f.

0xffffffff was a way to fix the 10.13 firmware check before we had the actual value from updated Macs.

The latest Clover builds have FirmwareFeaturesMask set to 0xffffffff. Although I can't see any negative side-effect to this, the correct value is 0xff1fff3f.

0xffffffff was a way to fix the 10.13 firmware check before we had the actual value from updated Macs.

I uploaded source file with 0xff1fff3f.

But slice commited 0xffffffff

Today i install clean high sierra with apfs and r4082.

Install is nop. But not sure mask values correctly.

Thanks

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Please drop me kabylake framebuffer kext, I will try .. (still 10.12 here)

here. 

There is a problem with the display of the RAM size in your script.

not read correctly.

example

00001619 00000000 54880800 00000000 01030303 00002002 00005001

01030303 port and pipe counts.

00002002 34MB

00005001 21MB

34+21 = 55MB. we need DVMT value 55mb over. as result need 64mb or 96 or etc..

thanks in advance

AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext.zip

Well, for me Kext Injection is now working too. Sound etc. is no problem, but even though the 0x67EF1002 provided in most of the graphics kexts in S/L/E it still doesn't boot with acceleration. It says, it had 4Gb VRAM but no transparency in Dock etc. The fans are also spinning at max. And the strangest thing: with frame buffer Exmoore (yes with e) it boots. With Exmoor it shows just a black picture. 

Graphics kexts loaded (iGPU off): AMD9500Controller, AMD9510Controller, AMD9515Controller, AMD9520Controller, X4100, X4150, X4200, AMDFramebuffer, AMDSupport but no transparency :( 

... And the strangest thing: with frame buffer Exmoore (yes with e) it boots. With Exmoor it shows just a black picture...

Thats because macOS won't find a Framebuffer named "Exmoore" and so AMDRadeonFramebuffer will be loaded instead. You could check this with either DPCIManager or IORegExplorer.