Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Just wanted to report back, that i have my "Error loading kernel cache (0x9)" message solved:

disable Thunderbolt3 in BIOS completely did the trick for me. Right now doing a fresh install on another NVME-SSD with enabled iGPU (primary) and Sapphire RX480 NITRO.

Lets see, what happens. Will report, when done.

Regards...

• Like 2

Just wanted to report back, that i have my "Error loading kernel cache (0x9)" message solved:

disable Thunderbolt3 in BIOS completely did the trick for me. Right now doing a fresh install on another NVME-SSD with enabled iGPU (primary) and Sapphire RX480 NITRO.

Lets see, what happens. Will report, when done.

Regards...

thunderbolt is disabled for me in bios

Yes. Reported.

I think we need to fix clover install script if we have apfs partition.

Efi mount manual is nop(clover configurator too)

Temp solution, mount efi(cc or manual command), copy

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

So we can do a vanilla apfs install then copy and paste clover to the EFI partition?

I've installed HS with hfs and can install clover to efi no issues, was going to re run installer to upgrade to apfs and see if that keeps the EFI bootable.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The same here, APFS is very slow on a HDD I’ve reinstalled it 3 times with the same result, but no issues with an SSD. The USB-Stick should work if you restore the BaseSytem.dmg and copy the "Install macOS 10.13 Beta.app" to it.

if you got many hard disk connected, try disable spotlight search, indexing all those disks will take days.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

as a replacement for EmuVariableUefi on a legacy machine

They are different drivers for different purpose.

EmuVariable already present in CloverEFI.

• Like 1

They are different drivers for different purpose.

EmuVariable already present in CloverEFI.

Hi, Slice. I'd like to know if fake cpuid needs updates for 10.13 or it would just work.

I will check. Wait

Thanks. Waiting for the final results. Do El Capitan and sierra not need updates when they launched?

here is FakeCPUID fix version for High sierra.

Report the results to me

I think it's working. A working fake cpu id won't get me kernel panic I came up with during the 10.13 installation. BTW, what's the status of fake id for Intel GPU? Does it need updates as well?

I think it's working. A working fake cpu id won't get me kernel panic I came up with during the 10.13 installation. BTW, what's the status of fake id for Intel GPU? Does it need updates as well?

What is cpu model?

I will update igpu source and platformdata

What is cpu model?

I will update igpu source and platformdata

Mine is G4600 with HD630. However I can't start the installation. Here's the snapshot of the verbose output. http://imgur.com/V0mZdga 

I think it has something to do with the KBL GPU kexts.

So I'd like to fake to a nonsense id so that the related kexts won't load and stop me from installation.

Mine is G4600 with HD630. However I can't start the installation. Here's the snapshot of the verbose output. http://imgur.com/V0mZdga

I think it has something to do with the KBL GPU kexts.

So I'd like to fake to a nonsense id so that the related kexts won't load and stop me from installation.

Doesnt Your igpu have issue in sierra?

Safari Webkit and etc..

I have g4500 skylake gpu.

Cant get sierrea windows(black screen.ofc all framebuffer tried)

In el captian, safari webkit issue. So i gave up hd530 graphic of pentium skylake.

Did you have similiar my case?

Safari Webkit and etc..

In el captian, safari webkit issue. So i gave up hd530 graphic of pentium skylake.

no need to add ff but only setting biosversion in smbios to install sucessfully

Safari Webkit and etc..

Yeah. Seems Pentium series are cursed. :( And that's the reason why I rushed installing the latest OS X to see how it goes.

The same here, APFS is very slow on a HDD I’ve reinstalled it 3 times with the same result, but no issues with an SSD. The USB-Stick should work if you restore the BaseSytem.dmg and copy the "Install macOS 10.13 Beta.app" to it.

I just upgraded from 10.12.5 to 10.13 with latest 4084 clover and everything is working great however the system takes ages to boot up, around 5 minutes now. The drive is a SSD.

I enabled converting the volume to APFS, could that be the problem? Does anyone experience the same under HFS+?

Cheers guys :)

I just upgraded from 10.12.5 to 10.13 with latest 4084 clover and everything is working great however the system takes ages to boot up, around 5 minutes now. The drive is a SSD.

I enabled converting the volume to APFS, could that be the problem? Does anyone experience the same under HFS+?

Cheers guys :)

10.13 is on Seagate HDD in HFS+. Boots about 1 minute.