Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Yep. So the culprit was the USB drive installer method. Apparently, it doesn't work anymore as it did with Sierra. I guess will find out why in the coming days/weeks. Other than that, I just used Sherlock's v2 to replace 0479, and upgraded to High Sierra from within Sierra (from the Application folder). Pretty straight forward. No need to add anything in Clover config with this Clover version.

Big thank you from my side! :)

c0e047e58bbe49680e38b6bdc607cb03.jpg

• Like 1

Yep. So the culprit was the USB drive installer method. Apparently, it doesn't work anymore as it did with Sierra. I guess will find out why in the coming days/weeks. Other than that, I just used Sherlock's v2 to replace 0479, and upgraded to High Sierra from within Sierra (from the Application folder). Pretty straight forward. No need to add anything in Clover config with this Clover version.

Big thank you from my side! :)c0e047e58bbe49680e38b6bdc607cb03.jpg

I don't want to do a direct update from Sierra to high Sierra. I have FileVault 2 enabled. With the new apfs, FileVault 2 is not supported, nor it is necessary.

I wonder how good the converting tool is working. I have about 20TB of encrypted files on HFS+. Any report on that?

I don't want to do a direct update from Sierra to high Sierra. I have FileVault 2 enabled. With the new apfs, FileVault 2 is not supported, nor it is necessary.

I wonder how good the converting tool is working. I have about 20TB of encrypted files on HFS+. Any report on that?

Well, I wouldn't make plans for Christmas party this year. :))

Joking, of course.

To be honest, in my experince with FileVault on an HDD...it's slow. Very slow.

Also, I didn't upgrade my main system to Hi Sierra. I upgraded some Beta version I had on a separate HDD. Just for testing.

• Like 1

Guest ricoc90

Big thank you from my side! :)c0e047e58bbe49680e38b6bdc607cb03.jpg

I installed it through the USB method.

Didn't work at first (I kept getting firmware errors, kextd stall on AppleACPICPU (no kext injection?), and missing or damaged OSInstall.mpkg errors but with Sherlocks BOOTX64 and CLOVERX64 it went without a hitch...

supposedly apfs is worse than hfs for rotational disks, unsure of this since apple still use rotational disks as part of the fusion disks.

supposedly apfs is worse than hfs for rotational disks, unsure of this since apple still use rotational disks as part of the fusion disks.

Why would it be worse than hfs? It has all those juicy features, like zfs...

Edit:

I'm sorry, I know it is not the correct place to discuss this. 

Sherlocks tks for your help, i can install only from hd in second SSD partition, so im have a problem: after boot with clover 4081, just few minutes and simple shutdown or turn off system. What could be? Please tks for everything!!!

Interesting issues here.

I managed to upgrade my Sierra installation just fine thanks to Sherlocks' work but now when booting macOS everything is fine in verbose mode but as soon as it switches to GUI mode it reboots. Never had this with Sierra.

System:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k

Mainboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

I'd like to thank everyone in this thread as your work got me even that far and appreciate any help with this final issue.

Interesting issues here.

I managed to upgrade my Sierra installation just fine thanks to Sherlocks' work but now when booting macOS everything is fine in verbose mode but as soon as it switches to GUI mode it reboots. Never had this with Sierra.

System:

I'd like to thank everyone in this thread as your work got me even that far and appreciate any help with this final issue.

Okay I think I know what I messed up.

I just installed High Sierra on another partition and it doesn't crash on GUI output. My guess is that the problem is caused by the Nvidia Web Drivers which were installed before I upgraded. Could someone please be so kind and tell me which files I need to remove to get rid of the web driver?

Interesting issues here.

System:

So sad, now I can only boot to 10.13 system (Sierra HD dmg) with Enoch, get reboot with Clover.

The createinstallmedia USB installer gets reboot with Enoch and Clover.

But MBR installer boot fine with Clover and Enoch, and still get OSInstall.mpkg error with it.

I think, my hardware (E8400) is going to die..........for High Sierra... :(

It's time to update to 7xxx cpu now. :yes:

----

update..

Now, I can complete the two steps installation with createinstallmedia USB installer and Clover 4082, boot to system fine.

The old MB+CPU are still alive with High Sierra now. :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Thank you for the awesome work! Is it safe to upgrade to APFS? Does the latest clover from Sherlock support APFS?

I use apfs now.

More fast than hfs+ when install macos.

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

• Like 1

Big thank you from my side! :)

c0e047e58bbe49680e38b6bdc607cb03.jpg

Can you share me what kexts you are using? I follow your step but it's not luck.

Can you share me what kexts you are using? I follow your step but it's not luck.

I don't think it's about the kexts. What error are you getting? Did you replace whichever Clover you had before with the one from Sherlock's post above?

Do you have APFS.efi in your drivers folder?

Anyway, I attached the kexts I'm using. But keep in mind that you might need different ones...assuming it's a kext problem. Which I'm not so sure it is.

I still don't have sound in High Sierra. But I'm assuming that's because some of the kexts are not yet updated. That's not a problem, since this is not my main system. However, it should at least boot with these.

My_Kexts.zip

First of all I want to thank all involved people, who made HIGH_SEIRRA possible on all our Hackintosh-Machines. W/O your encourage and engagement it won't be possible. <--- THANX TO ALL OF YOU.

Secondly i want to give feedback on what i have found out so far by using HIGH_SIERRA in cooperation with my AMD RX480 GFX. So here are my impressions:

The first thing you have to do when booting for the first time macOS 10.13: deselct "Inject ATI" within your config.plist. This is neccesarry to be informed, which AMDController kext will be used by HIGH_SIERRA in conjunction with your card. Next step: get a list of all the Framebuffers inside the desired AMDController.kext. You could use the attached script by using "php " and dragging the script onto terminalwindow and press "Enter". Now see, which Framebuffer matches best to your card. For the RX480 in my case it was AMD9500Controller.kext and ORINOCO as Framebuffer. For my Sapphire RX480 NITRO OC Framebuffer ORINOCO matches perfectly - so there is not need to be patched.

BUT: when i setup my config.plist with the desired values and i first booted my machine, the result was as in SIERRA: black screen after verbose boot! Damn it! Next thing i tried: reboot, but within CLOVER Bootmenu i selected Options - Graphicoptions - FakeID for GFX set to 0x67EF1002 and rebooted. This time the Boot was succesfull, i reached the dektop - but still no accelleration. Anything else is working fine so far. But there is one more: only Monitor at port one (Displayport) was recognized by the Framebuffer, even all the other connectors where detected right: 2x DP, 2x HDMI and one DVI-I.

So back to the table for finetuning. Will report back, if i will have new summits to be reported.

EDIT#1: all monitors and connectors now working. This is what i did: make a copy of desired AMD9xxxController.kext. Klick right "Show Packeage Content" and open the "info.plist" file. Look for your used Framebuffer - remember mine was ORINOCO. Make the following entry:

AMDController.jpg

"CFG_USE_AGDC" boolean "NO". Thats it, reboot, et voila: all connectors are working now as expected.

ATI_FrameBuffers_Sierra_Edition.php.zip

• Like 3

I use apfs now.

More fast than hfs+ when install macos.

@ Sherlocks Hello! Could you help a bit, please? I didn't managed to boot the OS. Nor SUB installer nor premade disk image. Everytime i get this! :(

System from signature.

ejorw2l.jpg

my haswell latop  shows acpiplatform error.. i find others's haswell shows the same error .bad luck ,is there any solution?

my hardware :i5 4210m hd4600+gt840m 

Search apfs.efi file in this thread.
Then put it in x64uefi folder in clocer

hi,haswell has acpiplatform error..what should i do?

post-1643289-0-64773900-1496815295_thumb.png