Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

No. I don't see how that could be possible.

How to install fresh El capitan on existing Yosemite partition without destroying other os partition (windows + linux)

and also create a recovery partition(i know if i format my whole HDD and install mac os x with clover my recovery partition is created in the installation process but i dont want to format my whole HDD may be just yosemite partition and install EL Capitan)

How to install fresh El capitan on existing Yosemite partition without destroying other os partition (windows + linux)

Boot from the USB drive. On the Installer screen, go to Disk Utility, format your Yosemite partition and nothing more (just to be safe, you can unmount the other partitions, if they are mounted, although, for as far as I know, OS X doesn't "see" ext4 partitions by default anyway, so you should be fine for Linux), rename that partition if you want, and continue installation on that partition.

Or if you have already downloaded El Capitan into Applications, you can start the installation from there, and also, continue after reboot the same as for the USB installation.

You're not destroying either Windows or Linux partitions unless you purposefully or accidentally delete them. OS X doesn't run on either NTFS or EXT4 filesystems. So, just be careful what you're formatting. And you should be fine.

as arsradu said. you can either install on top or fresh. Diskutil is somewhat clever, if you erase to start fresh, it will also remove the Recovery if its next to the HFS you just erased.

... after you install OS X onto the HFS partition with the full OS X installer (vs update), the installer will then resize the OS X partition to make space (~650MB) for the Recovery HD partition. it will not touch/move the other partitions.

Ok, I might be wrong here but lets give it a shot.

I use Clover 3270 and it seems like the CSR/bootercfg values are set to 00 on each boot. When changing the value trough the Recovery HD it changes in the nvram but it gets reset to 00 (enabled) when I reboot (yes, my nvram is working 100%). Some people seem to talk about a standard of 28/67 but this doesn't seem to apply me at all. Is this for a newer version?

They way I would like it to work is:

No value in config.plist = Standard mac handling (if possible)

Value in config.plist = Force value

I don't think I'm alone with a "vanilla setup" (only FakeSMC.kext, no other kexts och tweaks or anything. All my hardware is ootb mac-stuff). And with this config I believe that it's possible to use the SIP-protection just like on a normal mac, right? The reason for thinking this is because mine has worked perfectly with it enabled / 00 on every boot and install / cache rebuild. And because the FakeSMC.kext is on the EFI-drive and doesn't have any dependencies or ever exists in the cache.

Sure, I get the a lot of people use all kinds of kexts for USB3, network and what not, and for these the auto value might be a good thing so they can get going fast, but then a flag for disabling auto-handling of SIP might be a good way to go?

EDIT: If it wasn't clear, I'm not using any RT-values in config.plist, and I don't intend to as I want this to be handled as vanilla as possible.

I use Clover 3270 and it seems like the CSR/bootercfg values are set to 00 on each boot. When changing the value trough the Recovery HD it changes in the nvram but it gets reset to 00 (enabled) when I reboot (yes, my nvram is working 100%). Some people seem to talk about a standard of 28/67 but this doesn't seem to apply me at all. Is this for a newer version?

I don't think I'm alone with a "vanilla setup" (only FakeSMC.kext, no other kexts och tweaks or anything. All my hardware is ootb mac-stuff). And with this config I believe that it's possible to use the SIP-protection just like on a normal mac, right? The reason for thinking this is because mine has worked perfectly with it enabled / 00 on every boot and install / cache rebuild. And because the FakeSMC.kext is on the EFI-drive and doesn't have any dependencies or ever exists in the cache.

Sure, I get the a lot of people use all kinds of kexts for USB3, network and what not, and for these the auto value might be a good thing so they can get going fast, but then a flag for disabling auto-handling of SIP might be a good way to go?

EDIT: If it wasn't clear, I'm not using any RT-values in config.plist, and I don't intend to as I want this to be handled as vanilla as possible.

If no value in config.plist then Clover set 0x67 by default. It is good for novices not knowing about CSR.

If you have working NVRAM and want Clover doesn't change your value then you can set 0xFFFF in config.plist.

This special value means "don't change the existing value".

Slice, on 16 Sept 2015 - 09:02 AM, said:snapback.png

Rev 3266

A task: Mavericks and ElCapitan use different framebuffers so ATIConnectorData must be different.

As well FakeCPUID needed for Mavericks is not needed for ElCapitan.

Users must have an ability to load different config.plist for different systems.

Moreover I may propose different configs for similar systems on different volumes.

Or just two entries with different configs without manual switch settings.

That is.

Now we can write name of config into Custom Entry (without .plist extensions!). Tested on Lion computer.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-09-16 at 14.38.50.png

a line Settings=special mean a file special.plist which is the same as config.plist but with other values.

GUI looks like this

attachicon.gifscreenshot12.png

First entry has SubEntries with a possibility to return to common setting from common config.plist.

attachicon.gifscreenshot11.png

Choosing common or special setting I can boot same system with two different settings.

In my demo this is different VideoCard names. NvidiaGeneric=true/false

In this demo I used file special.plist.

It may be ElCapitan.plist or config-666.plist or any other to your taste.

One note, this plist should not contain sections Boot and GUI.

Dual booting Yos and ElCap and need a different config.plist for each. For whatever reason I just can't make the above work... Could someone attach a working config.plist as a "txt" file please?  (Only looking for how to choose different config.plist, nothing else).

Funny thing I started with no RT-values using Clover V2.3K r3264 in config.plist, but once I had to rebuild cache, I had to use the RT-value, it was used for the ALC1150 Clover Sound injection. What sound are you using thats native to OS X considering we don't see what your using(just asking not to be rude)? I  have native USB 3 with my 3rd party card what a relief. SIPUtility was saying my values were 00 no matter what I did. Figured it out and now i can set it back to lock El Capitan back down. SMBIOS has a lot to do with it seems to me for what loads and Im working on that at the moment. Trying to get back to MacPro6,1 must use 5,1 or my video is gone on my EVGA GTX 670

Funny thing I started with no RT-values using Clover V2.3K r3264 in config.plist, but once I had to rebuild cache, I had to use the RT-value, it was used for the ALC1150 Clover Sound injection. What sound are you using thats native to OS X considering we don't see what your using(just asking not to be rude)? I have native USB 3 with my 3rd party card what a relief. SIPUtility was saying my values were 00 no matter what I did. Figured it out and now i can set it back to lock El Capitan back down. SMBIOS has a lot to do with it seems to me for what loads and Im working on that at the moment. Trying to get back to MacPro6,1 must use 5,1 or my video is gone on my EVGA GTX 670

I stick with USB sound. Generic sound dongle and a pair of headphone with USB.

USB 3 is disabled for me, don't use it enough to bother with drivers.

Wifi, bt is Apple stuff. And the Ethernet is a ootb pci-e.

I guess time will tell if I can use 0xFFFF as Slice said =)

Anyone here seen the contents of:

4d1ede05-38c7-4a6a-9cc6-4bcca8b38c14:IASCurrentInstallPhase

4d1ede05-38c7-4a6a-9cc6-4bcca8b38c14:IASInstallPhaseList

8D63D4FE-BD3C-4AAD-881D-86FD974BC1DF:boot-info-payload

Set/read by the InstallAssitantTool The other (rc_imgsrc_info) is a binary plist with the UUID of the target disk.

Slice, on 16 Sept 2015 - 09:02 AM, said:snapback.png

Dual booting Yos and ElCap and need a different config.plist for each. For whatever reason I just can't make the above work... Could someone attach a working config.plist as a "txt" file please?  (Only looking for how to choose different config.plist, nothing else).

I have triple boot: Lion, Maverics and ElCapitan.

For ElCapitan I have to create separate config because of AMD Radeon connectors patch is different.

This is how it looks in Clover GUI

screenshot8.png

This is main config for Lion and Mavericks

config.plist.zip

This is special config used in custom entry for ElCapitan

config-el.plist.zip

Some entries in these configs are obsolete but they don't prevent Clover and systems to be good working.

• Like 1

I tried to check for updates using CloverGrowerPro and received this error message:

MichaelsHPEnvy:~ mnfesq$ cloverpro
Checking for new version of CloverGrowerPro...
Cannot pull with rebase: You have unstaged changes.
Please commit or stash them.

Is this something on my end or on the server end?  Is there anything I can do but wait for the developers to commit changes?

I'm trying to inject the slot name for my GFX card using this on my Z68. My DSDT has no _SUN variables for the slots but Clover isn't injecting them either. How do I get it to do this so I can set the name? Having a GTX670 I'm not using any graphics injection.

On my X79 which uses nVidia injection, Clover was inserting the default "PCI Slot 0" for the card.

I tried to check for updates using CloverGrowerPro and received this error message:

MichaelsHPEnvy:~ mnfesq$ cloverproChecking for new version of CloverGrowerPro...Cannot pull with rebase: You have unstaged changes.Please commit or stash them.
Is this something on my end or on the server end? Is there anything I can do but wait for the developers to commit changes?
looks like you altered the sources. Or at least that's what the error suggests.

I'm trying to inject the slot name for my GFX card using this on my Z68. My DSDT has no _SUN variables for the slots but Clover isn't injecting them either. How do I get it to do this so I can set the name? Having a GTX670 I'm not using any graphics injection.

On my X79 which uses nVidia injection, Clover was inserting the default "PCI Slot 0" for the card.

I agree that for GTX670 injection is not needed. But for _SUN property you have to set FixDisplay or manually correct your DSDT. Else no way.

MichaelsHPEnvy:~ mnfesq$ cloverpro
Checking for new version of CloverGrowerPro...
Cannot pull with rebase: You have unstaged changes.
Please commit or stash them.

Is this something on my end or on the server end?  Is there anything I can do but wait for the developers to commit changes?

Clover rev.3280 is released. Use it!

I agree that for GTX670 injection is not needed. But for _SUN property you have to set FixDisplay or manually correct your DSDT. Else no way.

I have FixDisplay set but it's still not injecting the _SUN property. Is it reliant on another DSDT fix/setting?

I like to run my system with csr set to 0x80.  Today I tried to update clover to 3280 and got a message saying the installer was incompatible with my version of os x.  I continued anyway and the install failed.  I changed csr to 0x82 and clover installed fine.  Does the clover installer need to be updated to work properly with SIP?  I am running legacy boot so maybe that is the problem; no real nvram.

I have triple boot: Lion, Maverics and ElCapitan.

For ElCapitan I have to create separate config because of AMD Radeon connectors patch is different.

This is how it looks in Clover GUI

attachicon.gifscreenshot8.png

This is main config for Lion and Mavericks

attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

This is special config used in custom entry for ElCapitan

attachicon.gifconfig-el.plist.zip

Some entries in these configs are obsolete but they don't prevent Clover and systems to be good working.

Thanks Slice... Works nicely.

May be ReuseFFFF

That fixed it! Thanks Slice :)

I tried r3280 on my X79 but it's still injecting the HDEF device in the wrong place. I had hoped to be able to boot both desktops with just a config.plist but I'll stick to using SSDT injection on the X79 as I found it works better at injecting my nvidia card than Clover.

Here's some background info what bootbase.efi does. Let's start with the booter configuration:

kBootArgsFlagCSRActiveConfig (0x8/8) informs OS X that the device has a valid configuration.

kBootArgsFlagCSRConfigMode (0x10/16) informs OS X that the device is in configuration mode.

kBootArgsFlagCSRBoot (0x20/32) asks OS X to allow everything.

That, along with the special flag CSR_ALLOW_DEVICE_CONFIGURATION (0x80/128) is used by bootbase.efi (and nothing else) for the installation process. If the installation process is ready, then the normal boot.efi is being used by bless for the next reboot. After that only kBootArgsFlagCSRActiveConfig (0x8/8) is used.

You can do a grep for 'bootbase.efi' in /.IABootfiles/boot.efi or /OS X Install Data/boot.efi (depending on the type of installation) and see for yourself. bootbase.efi has SIP disabled with the above flags ;)

p.s. Now you say; but I don't see 0x80 in csr-active-config. Right. masked with 0x7f. Thanks Apple!

So when did this change come about?  Are we talking real mac or hack here?