Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Upgraded all seems ok apart from the nvidia web driver is saying it's not compatible and there is no update? The version is: 346.02.03f01.

Anyone else got it working? 

(using 780ti)

You need the newest Beta driver. Currently version 346.03.01b07.

Here you go.

I agree, I think Clover should only automatically allow unsigned kexts by default (0x11 IIRC) only if the NVRAM variable csr-active-config doesn't exist (not the Clover CsrActiveConfig property).

No, not that even. Just have the feature and let the user decide what to do, would be more secure way.

I'm aware, that it might be difficult for many users, but the security should be more important, than anyone, who can't read wiki's...

• Like 2

Its possible to add a folder, where i can put all my kexts in, for every OS ?

I mean, i need to put 6Kexts into 10.11 folder and the same 6 in 10.10 folder... useless space consumption...

It works if i delete 10.10 & 10.11 folder and put them all in Others folder, but if i update clover, 10.10 and 10.11 folder is back and they are empty and it doesn't inject... so i need to delete them again after update...

Cheers :-)

Its possible to add a folder, where i can put all my kexts in, for every OS ?

I mean, i need to put 6Kexts into 10.11 folder and the same 6 in 10.10 folder... useless space consumption...

It works if i delete 10.10 & 10.11 folder and put them all in Others folder, but if i update clover, 10.10 and 10.11 folder is back and they are empty and it doesn't inject... so i need to delete them again after update...

This is very old disscussion what is more convenient. One think that second think other.

For my mind, for my kexts from signature, a kext for 10.6 will work in 10.11.

Bright exception is AppleHDA that I don't use. It is always system specific.

So I think it will be good to support a folder "Common" with system independent kexts. But this is a problem to keep two different pathes where Clover should  take kexts Only one folder.  :(

Discuss?

This is very old disscussion what is more convenient. One think that second think other.

So I think it will be good to support a folder "Common" with system independent kexts. But this is a problem to keep two different pathes where Clover should  take kexts Only one folder.  :(

Discuss?

Can we check if a folder is empty (or check for files with extension *.kext under those folders)? Also, can we check OS version before looking for kexts in Clover/kexts/10.x ? If so, can we do something like this?

1. Check OS version.

2. Check for kexts in the corresponding folder for that version

3. If the folder is empty or doesn't have any *.kext files, move on to the Others folders and look under there.

4. If that one is empty as well, tough luck. :)

But I'm just saying, if we can check if a folder is empty, or doesn't have any kexts in it (you can put txt in it, but that won't help you boot :)) ), then let's check if those folders have what they need to perform a boot. If not, check under Others. Don't check if the folder exists, but rather, if the folder contains the stuff the system needs to boot.

Second variant (but I don't know how efficient would that be) is to look for kexts under any of those folders. And try to boot using the kexts from wherever you can find them. That would kinda cancel the reason for having multiple folders in the first place.

I don't know. Just a few ideas off the top of my head. 

• Like 1

Hmm I may have spoken too soon about an easy upgrade to El capitan.  It appears the sound is broken.   In the system report-> Audio I can see Intel High Definition Audio.  But under the sound options in preferences there is nothing to choose under "Selected sound output device".

The kext in EFI/clover/kext/10.11 is realtekALC.kext  (my motherboard is Gigabyte z87-d3h (which uses realktek ALC892)

(clover congiruator has audio set to 1 - unchanged from my yosemite install)

It did work previously under Yosemite.  (the only other thing is I can hear the speakers pop when I boot up).

Any ideas what may be the issue?

Thanks. 

My config.plist http://txt.do/a2hrg

Hmm I may have spoken too soon about an easy upgrade to El capitan.  It appears the sound is broken.   In the system report-> Audio I can see Intel High Definition Audio.  But under the sound options in preferences there is nothing to choose under "Selected sound output device".

The kext in EFI/clover/kext/10.11 is realtekALC.kext  (my motherboard is Gigabyte z87-d3h (which uses realktek ALC892)

It did work previously under Yosemite.  (the only other thing is I can hear the speakers pop when I boot up).

Thanks. 

Yes, patch your sound again.

If you're using Toleda's patching script, good job! Just make sure it's the latest version (last time I checked it was version "e" or something like that).

Also, according to your config, you need to allow the system to load unsigned kexts. In RtVariables, add BooterConfig 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig 0x67. FYI, 0x67 will allow access to a lot more than just unsigned kexts. But just to reduce the number of variables in this equation, allowing access to pretty much everything, for now, is a good place to start. You can diminish the access level afterwards, depending on your needs/preference

I'm not sure if it's the same with Yosemite, but coming from Mavericks I had to add an additional binpatch for ALC898 (zeroing out ADI1983) to get it working again.

Also, I'm booting with CsrActiveConfig set to 0x03 but I haven't set/changed BooterConfig from whatever Clover defaults it to.

For the kext folders, I think arsradu's way works. Having a common kexts folder means not having to create a 10.xx folder for every required system version. For my X79, I use the same kexts for all systems so all the 10.xx folders are identical.

Slice, did you see my post here about my HDEF injection problem? It looks like a bug.

Thanks. 

1. Repatch AppleHDA, like asradu said,

2. On 10.11, applehda (or dummy) injection doesn't work anymore, since Resources folder can't be injected, so use it in SLE or LE.

Discuss?

Common folder is a very good idea, or the Others way, like asradu said is a good idea too...

i have a qustion, which folder uses the single user mode? (i use the Others folder for this) & which folder uses the installer, the normal (10.11) one?

and how i can check the limit of injection, i mean i haven't unlimited free space in the cache... or how this works?

And other question xD i know its discussed very much...

But if i going to patch applehda with clover,

1. i need to patch info.plist (that is possible already)

2. i need to inject Layout and Platform (.xml or .zml) into resources folder ( but there is no way atm on 10.11, right? )

• Like 1

And other question xD i know its discussed very much...

But if i going to patch applehda with clover,

1. i need to patch info.plist (that is possible already)

2. i need to inject Layout and Platform (.xml or .zml) into resources folder ( but there is no way atm on 10.11, right? )

I would strongly recommend using toleda's script to patch audio. It's an awesome script. And it does everything for you. Oh, yes, and it works perfectly with 10.11.

Why threre is no respons about my comment :(

What's wrong?

We don't like your nose. :P

Joking, of course. There are not many people who have the newer Skylake processors yet. So not many can confirm that or work on a fix for that. I'm sure the guys here will take a look at that and fix it, if indeed is a real issue, if it's a Clover issue, and if it's not just a simple layout/cosmetic issue. :) Either way, a bit of patience would be nice.

• Like 1

Hey guys I have a strange problem. Yesterday I installed El capitan on my X79 platform and works flawless but when I installed clover on UEFI my computer freeze on bios, When is supposed to start booting stays in the logo of the motherboard.. I had to disconnect and connect the macintosh Hard drive for my pc bootup. My only chance was installed clover on legacy mode.

Hey guys I have a strange problem. Yesterday I installed El capitan on my X79 platform and works flawless but when I installed clover on UEFI my computer freeze on bios, When is supposed to start booting stays in the logo of the motherboard.. I had to disconnect and connect the macintosh Hard drive for my pc bootup. My only chance was installed clover on legacy mode.

How did you install El Capitan? Update from Applications? USB drive?

Anyway, if you already booted successfuly in order to install the OS, it's a bit weird that you can't boot anymore afterwards. Can you still boot from a USB drive or something similar?

Also, do you have all the needed Uefi drivers installed ok? Is Clover in the ESP? Is FakeSMC.kext in place?

How did you install El Capitan? Update from Applications? USB drive?

Anyway, if you already booted successfuly in order to install the OS, it's a bit weird that you can't boot anymore afterwards. Can you still boot from a USB drive or something similar?

Also, do you have all the needed Uefi drivers installed ok? Is Clover in the ESP? Is FakeSMC.kext in place?

I prepare a USB installer manually and first boot I did with a USB. The problem start when I installed the CLover on the Macintosh HD Drive. And its not a problem with the kext because it freeze when it try to boot from a UEFI clover. When I changed to Legacy clover works perfectly but you know I prefer a Uefi BOOT.

EDIT:

When the computer freez I disconnect the drive and the reset my computer two times and connect the drve back the clover UEFI boot from the drive on UEFI.

I prepare a USB installer manually and first boot I did with a USB. The problem start when I installed the CLover on the Macintosh HD Drive. And its not a problem with the kext because it freeze when it try to boot from a UEFI clover. When I changed to Legacy clover works perfectly but you know I prefer a Uefi BOOT.

EDIT:

When the computer freez I disconnect the drive and the reset my computer two times and connect the drve back the clover UEFI boot from the drive on UEFI.

Everyone prefers a UEFI boot. That's not the point. The point is, if the USB drive is configured for UEFI booting, if the Clover on it is installed for UEFI booting, if you can boot and install the OS using that USB drive, then how can the HDD version of the same thing be non-bootable? You could try reseting your UEFI BIOS to optimized defaults, just to exclude a potential cause.

Anyway, if there's nothing wrong with either your drive or your Clover installation on the hard drive, I have no idea. However I would make double sure that my Clover installation is ok and that the hdd/ssd is formated for GPT.

hmm i get on 10.11
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -C GnuGenBootSector

gcc -Wno-deprecated-declarations -o ../bin/GnuGenBootSector  GnuGenBootSector.o -L../libs -lCommon

ld: file not found: /usr/lib/system/libsystem_stats.dylib for architecture x86_64

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make[2]: *** [../bin/GnuGenBootSector] Error 1

make[1]: *** [GnuGenBootSector] Error 2

make: *** [source/C] Error 2

Cloverx64-mcp release  ERROR!!