Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

I think FakeID requires the FixAirport_4000 DSDT patch for it to work. From the wiki:

Thanks worked perfectly enabling airport fix.  I did read to enable fixdsdtmask and actually took that literal and could not find that setting, not realizing it was meant to choose a DSDT fix.  I must have not read the wiki carefully enough because I did not catch that part "(now DSDT fixes)".

• Like 1

Thanks worked perfectly enabling airport fix. I did read to enable fixdsdtmask and actually took that literal and could not find that setting, not realizing it was meant to choose a DSDT fix. I must have not read the wiki carefully enough because I did not catch that part "(now DSDT fixes)".

Oh no, I added that part here because not everyone knows that FixDsdtMask refers to DSDT fixes. I might as well add it in the wiki too.

You can read more about the topic here.

An issue that has come to light with Yosemite is that the frame buffer azul kext causes a reboot for previously supported HD5000 and HD4600 codecs . A current workaround (for those whose uefi/bios allows it) is to boot with secondary graphics (i.e. to get to desktop with DP need to select HDMi as primary and vice versa). Of course, for those whose bios/uefi does not allow such selection then there is no workaround currently. This issue seems to affect all Haswell Hacks with iGPU.

Pike has published a patch for reboot here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298591-intel-hd-4600-qeci-yosemite/?p=2051796 to address the issue.

Is it possible also to provide a test version of Clover with a similar code patch?

Many thanks for any help!

hello

that is strange 2819 only update efi drivers

u can try with 2818 and the new efi drivers.. if the problem persist is from the drivers

i'm using 2818 and the efi drivers from 2819

anyway u are using legacy_boot maybe the problem come from there

good hack

This is the error...

http://postimg.org/image/4l64ud0cl/

From the page:

http://wiki.phoenix.com/wiki/index.php/EFI_EXCEPTION_TYPE

My error code  X64  00000000000E should point to this:  #define EXCEPT_X64_PAGE_FAULT 14.

My system is overclocked, but the memory is well within the spec  1369Mhz with 9 9 9 27 timings. Never had this error before, this is the first. Maybe page_fault is somehow related to new efi drivers, but i am booting legacy on asus rampage III gene (x58). Don't know if it can be fixed or it is rev. 2808 the last clover for me :)

Destroyed protective MBRs after boot0/1 installation?

Hi I think since the boot0/1 installation the protective MBR of my OSX boot volume is destroyed. Since boot0 or boot1 variants seem to look to MBR instead to GPT for searching partitions, I am not able to boot from my OSX volume anymore. It works only if Imove clover to the efi partition, since it's the only correct partition in the MBR. But I would like to boot from from HFS partition (that is not written in the MBR anymore). 

I tried to rebuild a hybrid MBR from the GPT data using gdisk, but without success.

1. How can I prevent that MBR is destroyed? Is it because I used fdisk instead fdisk440 for writing boot0? Or is it the Disk utility that destroys MBRs on partition resizing? (Both I did)

2. Is there a way to successful rebuild the MBR from GPT or should I reformat completely? Is there a boot0 that looks into GPT?

3. Do boot0 or boot1 really look first for MBR partitions? If so, is there a way to force GPT only?

Thanks for help.

This is the error...

http://postimg.org/image/4l64ud0cl/

From the page:

http://wiki.phoenix.com/wiki/index.php/EFI_EXCEPTION_TYPE

My error code  X64  00000000000E should point to this:  #define EXCEPT_X64_PAGE_FAULT 14.

My system is overclocked, but the memory is well within the spec  1369Mhz with 9 9 9 27 timings. Never had this error before, this is the first. Maybe page_fault is somehow related to new efi drivers, but i am booting legacy on asus rampage III gene (x58). Don't know if it can be fixed or it is rev. 2808 the last clover for me :)

Same thing here on my Asus p7p55d with i5-750 (legacy boot).  rev. 2815 works fine.  Updated to 2820 today and got the X64 exception.

Use new Clover with old boot (CloverEFI) file because all new feature in CloverX64.efi while boot works as is.

attachicon.gifboot.zip

1. Mount EFI partition if not yet.

2. cp ~/Downloads/boot /Volumes/EFI/

Sergey sorry ,

then the new driver Andy, are all implemented in CloverX64.efi , or not understood yet?

And another question, but this for only curiosity...what is this message that i see with 2819 ?

post-410253-0-41464900-1408308630_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

@Slice

Thanks, no more X64 exception error, rev. 2820 works.Does this means that i should keep your boot, and replace new one on every new clover revision with yours, to get properly working clover on my system ?

A SLICE

I have two question for you. Sorry for my ignorance.

1-  I don't understand in which folder i need to copy the files contained in your "boot.zip" archive

2-  You have implemented the andy drive? If yes, have them implemented in old driver such as: hfplus,osxaptio, chiarook?

Thanks for your great works!

Regards.

Sergey sorry ,

then the new driver Andy, are all implemented in CloverX64.efi , or not understood yet?

And another question, but this for only curiosity...what is this message that i see with 2819 ?

attachicon.gif20140817_224543.jpg

Not me. I don't know yet why.

@Slice

Thanks, no more X64 exception error, rev. 2820 works.Does this means that i should keep your boot, and replace new one on every new clover revision with yours, to get properly working clover on my system ?

Until we repair new boot.

A SLICE

I have two question for you. Sorry for my ignorance.

1-  I don't understand in which folder i need to copy the files contained in your "boot.zip" archive

2-  You have implemented the andy drive? If yes, have them implemented in old driver such as: hfplus,osxaptio, chiarook?

Thanks for your great works!

Regards.

1. Root folder or ESP.

2. Not yet.

• Like 1

Use new Clover with old boot (CloverEFI) file because all new feature in CloverX64.efi while boot works as is.

attachicon.gifboot.zip

1. Mount EFI partition if not yet.

2. cp ~/Downloads/boot /Volumes/EFI/

Slice

Previous versions of Clover work for me,but new version 2818 don't work ok.

not to boot system.No work on Mavericks and Yosemite!!!!