Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Is there a known issue with Clover 2795 where it does not inject the ethernet kext from EFI>EFI>Clover>Kexts>10.9?

I did a search for 2795 but nothing came up that seemed relevant. 

I have added my ethernet kext AppleIntelE1000e.kext into the folder but booting with Clover 2795 does not inject the kext successfully.

I have added the kext to S/L/E and it works perfectly.

If not a known issue - any thoughts why this should be happening?

Edited to add

Downloaded a fresh copy of 2795 and recreated my config - all works - so probably user error  :blush:

Edited by the_gael

Try this, never fails for me, but be very wary of adding or amending any Yosemite S/L/E kexts as your system will be considered untrusted, and the current DP boot argument will not likely be available in 10.10 release version unless some brilliant hacker finds a way to fool it.. From 10.9.5 will also have a fully functional Apple gatekeeper so that only signed apps will function correctly.

To rebuild Yosemite Cache.

sudo touch /S*/L*/Extensions

sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

Also if i use my kext on 10.10 folder ?

Becasue i dont use kext on SLE

Also if i use my kext on 10.10 folder ?

Becasue i dont use kext on SLE

You are likely talking about fakesmc and one or two other kexts, in your clover folder which are added to the kernel cache at boot time.

The commands I  advised are apple commands to update the cache which is used at boot time,  CLOVER then makes appropriate changes which are controlled from the Clover Gui at boot up to determine what is injected,  and what is not injected amongst other parameter,  like boot args influencing the process.

I do not understand fully how the Clover inject process works, i do know as an App Developer, Apple are making their OS more secure like Gatekeeper for apps and ensuring that no unsigned kexts (not apple developer signed) are loaded.  Gatekeeper being fully active in OS X 10.9.5 and 10.10 locked to none signed kexts.

People like Andy V are on top of these changes and we will have to wait and see what happens in the future and how they are able to circumvent the changes, and input them into the Chameleons and Clover. All fun to the hacker and the next few months will present many challenges..

The Clover developers are currently rethinking the whole cache injection process and how this will effected by the long time known about changes to OS X security, we will have to wait and see,  as they and OS X develop. It appears that functions like continuity and handoff will present issues for those who do not use real macs, but until the public release everything is speculation unless you have a desk at one Infinite loop!

I've been trying to install Mavericks with Clover on an ASRock board, i5 CPU, Radeon 7700.

It boots into the installer alright, but int Disk Utility I can't change any disk at all, neither erase nor partition. Whenever I click on something like erase or add partition it shows the options briefly but then goes back to the original configuration. 

Stumped! Anyone got any ideas?

Yes, you may use your own DSDT. Just set DSDT->Name=DSDT.aml and set 

<key>NewWay_80000000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixRegions_10000000</key>
				<true/>

I just now realized you replied to this question.  Im sorry I did not catch this sooner.  Is this true for all Custom DSDT to enable NewWay and FixRegions?   I have been running my DSDT without these two patches and have not noticed anything peculiar but I will enable them now and report to other users who are using my Clover.plist to enable them.

What kind of thing may one notice if they are enabled?

Thanks Slice!

Hello,

I currently use Clover r2795 with Mavericks 10.9.4. It seems to be working perfectly.

I would like to install Yosemite on another disk, but it need a different config.plist than Mavericks.

I would let only one install of cloverEFI on the mavericks drive.
Is it possible to set two different config.plist for two different OSX ? If yes, how ?

Thanks

Miles

Hi.Going to Yosemite and use Mount EFI app.Open EFI partition for Mavericks and copy EFI folder to desktop.

After use Mount UEFI and and mount EFI partition for Yosemite and use EFI Folder with desktop and copy to EFI partition of Yosemite.

Use Clover configurator and config new config.plist.

• Like 1

Have you tried using the 4870 FakeID and removing the 4850's device ID from the kext?

I just tried that. I removed the 4850 device ID from ATI4800Controller.kext and injected 4870 FakeID in Clover: hangs on a blue screen and it never gets to the desktop.

I've been trying to install Mavericks with Clover on an ASRock board, i5 CPU, Radeon 7700.

It boots into the installer alright, but int Disk Utility I can't change any disk at all, neither erase nor partition. Whenever I click on something like erase or add partition it shows the options briefly but then goes back to the original configuration.

Stumped! Anyone got any ideas?

you could try using disk utility from the terminal. To see the options you can do
man diskutil

Hmmm have you tried building package with clovergrower or clovergrowerpro? Try building it with -D ENABLE_USB_OHCI and -D ENABLE_USB_XHCI or each by self or try -D DISABLE_USB_SUPPORT

How do I compile it with those commands? I have CloverGrower.command alias on the desktop.

Hi.Going to Yosemite and use Mount EFI app.Open EFI partition for Mavericks and copy EFI folder to desktop.

After use Mount UEFI and and mount EFI partition for Yosemite and use EFI Folder with desktop and copy to EFI partition of Yosemite.

Use Clover configurator and config new config.plist.

I thought you could only have one EFI clover per drive no matter how many partitions?  What I did is just add in /clover/kexts/10.10 add put the same kexts in there.  I am running the same boot parameters in both Mavericks and Yosemite.

So you can have more than one instance of Clover on the same hard drive with separate partitions?

Thanks

I thought you could only have one EFI clover per drive no matter how many partitions?  What I did is just add in /clover/kexts/10.10 add put the same kexts in there.  I am running the same boot parameters in both Mavericks and Yosemite.

A GPT hard drive can only have one EFI partition per disk, but remember Clover can also boot in legacy mode and in such cases the EFI folder can also be installed in the OS's root partition instead of the EFI partition. So technically you can have multiple Clover loaders in the same drive (EFI partition and in each OS' partition), but I wouldn't recommend it unless you know exactly what you're doing.

I think ekica thought you had Mavericks and Yosemite in separate hard disks or maybe he was talking about the EFI on the installer's disk.

I think ekica thought you had Mavericks and Yosemite in separate hard disks or maybe he was talking about the EFI on the installer's disk.

Yes  I have a two SSD.On my Mavericks I install Clover.

But problem is my auto restarts after several min.

Where is the wrong?

I cannot figure out why fakeID will not work with this pci wifi device or am I using the wrong fake ID?   This works fine if its in the DSDT and as you can see it is using the device id closest to the device properties of my real device, but if remove that ARPT section which is not in the unpatched DSDT and put in the fake ID 0x43a014e4 in clover, the wifi device is no longer present in mavericks 10.9.4

Having this script in the DSDT works perfect:

Device (ARPT)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)
                    Name (_SUN, One)
                    Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
                    {
                        0x09, 
                        0x04
                    })
                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                        {
                            Return (Buffer (One)
                            {
                                0x03
                            })
                        }

Return (Package (0x0C)
                        {
                            "AAPL,slot-name", 
                            "AirPort", 
                            "built-in", 
                            Buffer (One)
                            {
                                0x00
                            }, 

"device_type", 
                            "AirPort", 
                            "model", 
                            "Broadcom BCM4352 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless Network Controller", 
                            "name", 
                            "AirPort Extreme", 
                            "compatible", 
                            "pci14e4,43a0"
                        })
                    }
                }

My real device ID is pci14e4,43b1