Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,818 posts in this topic

Regards, I can confirm that the ApatioFixDrv3 and AptioMemoryFix works with native NVRAM. I tested the NVRAM was working with (sudo nvram test = "value") then I restarted and verified with (sudo nvram -p) and it was working perfect. but

<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
		<true/> 
doesnt works.

To have the Nvidia web driver working I need to use the

<key>Arguments</key>
		<string>nvda_drv=1</string>

Try the OsxAptiofixDrv, I was in same boat as you, been using OsxAptioFix2Drv for years, but with 4385, black screen.

my laptop needs OsxAptioFix2Drv or OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000. i'm using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 + EmuVariableUefi-64.efi for years.

it's best result for my laptop. and there is no language issue after update.

original OsxAptioFix2Drv sometimes shown failed boot(stop logo). maybe early boot. so i changed other driver.

OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 never get failed boot.

So let me see if I'm correct.

1. OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi is the now the recommended AptioFix as it incorporates and or gets rid of the need for EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC Scripts and is preferred over OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi?

If a newbie was to come along with all three of these being available and all looking so similar which one would he/she choose based on hardware?

Which aptio is suited for which hardware or is it just bios manufacturer based?

Forgive me if this has been answered.

P.S. Clover r4386 working fine here.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

@Sherlocks, STLVNUB:

Problem fixed in r4387.  You can return to same setup and driver names you were using < r4384.

@SavageAUS:

The priority is

AptioMemoryFix

OsxAptioFix3Drv

OsxAptioFix2Drv

OsxAptioFixDrv

OsxLowMemFixDrv

Use the highest that works.

If you don't need nvram access from OS/X and don't want the extra overhead, delete the first two from the list.

• Like 7

@Sherlocks, STLVNUB:

Problem fixed in r4387. You can return to same setup and driver names you were using < r4384.

@SavageAUS:

The priority is

AptioMemoryFix

OsxAptioFix3Drv

OsxAptioFix2Drv

OsxAptioFixDrv

OsxLowMemFixDrv

Use the highest that works.

If you don't need nvram access from OS/X and don't want the extra overhead, delete the first two from the list.

Thanks for clarification.

Where is AptioMemoryFix located? I didn't see it in installer.

• Like 2

OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 + EmuVariableUefi-64.efi works again on 4387.

thank you so much!

whrere link download r4387 ?

How to install new interface clover r4380 for bios UEFI GPT ?

Why is it so slow boot when install clover 4380?

thank

CaiCloverh5.png

CaiCloverh6.png

CLOVER 4390 and AptioMemoryFix works a charm on desktop machine. Still working nvram.

For the life of me I've never been able to get iMessage working with clover.

Any updated ways to make it work?

Since rev980 Clover has enough functions to make iMessage working.

You have to set correct UUID, sn, ROM, MLB and register Apple services official way agree with all Apple's claim.

I have some questions about DSDT (*.aml) loading in Clover. I've posted in a few places and haven't gotten definitive answers.

Say I have 2 (or more) .aml files within EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched -- say dsdt1.aml and dsdt2.aml.
I want to compare how they affect my machine; as well as NOT loading either of them.
So in config.plist I tried 'DSDT Name' set to null, i.e., there is no key/value.
But checking bdmesg it shows:

Inserting dsdt1.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success
Inserting dsdt2.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success

My questions:

• Does "Inserting" mean they were both loaded? Or just recognized?
  • Do they have to be called DSDT or can they be called anything?
  • In Clover options /Acpi Patching, if I want to specify which to load, do I include .aml, or just dsdt1?
  • Can I specify a folder in Clover options or does the AML have to reside within /ACPI/patched?
  • If I want to NOT load ANY aml ... Do I need to actually remove them from ACPI/patched?
  • Can I create just an empty file called none.aml and use that in Clover options in order to not load any AML?
  • Is there any definitive way in MacOS to check which (if any) AML has been loaded? (I tried extracting DSDT with "MaciASL.app" but it did not match either of my AML files.)

I don't want to remove them from ACPI/patched, because, if for some reason, I can't boot MacOS, then it will be a pain trying to putt them back.

Thanks!

I have some questions about DSDT (*.aml) loading in Clover. I've posted in a few places and haven't gotten definitive answers.

Say I have 2 (or more) .aml files within EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched -- say dsdt1.aml and dsdt2.aml.

I want to compare how they affect my machine; as well as NOT loading either of them.

So in config.plist I tried 'DSDT Name' set to null, i.e., there is no key/value.

My questions:

• In Clover options /Acpi Patching, if I want to specify which to load, do I include .aml, or just dsdt1?
  • Can I specify a folder in Clover options or does the AML have to reside within /ACPI/patched?
  • If I want to NOT load ANY aml ... Do I need to actually remove them from ACPI/patched?
  • Can I create just an empty file called none.aml and use that in Clover options in order to not load any AML?
  • Is there any definitive way in MacOS to check which (if any) AML has been loaded? (I tried extracting DSDT with "MaciASL.app" but it did not match either of my AML files.)
I don't want to remove them from ACPI/patched, because, if for some reason, I can't boot MacOS, then it will be a pain trying to putt them back.

Thanks!

In your config.plist, set the name of an .aml file that doesn't exist, like dsdt456.aml. That way clover won't use any of the .aml files in ACPI/Patched.

If your system doesn't boot, you can change the .aml file name on Clover GUI for one file that does exists and works.

• Like 1

In your config.plist, set the name of an .aml file that doesn't exist, like dsdt456.aml. That way clover won't use any of the .aml files in ACPI/Patched.

If your system doesn't boot, you can change the .aml file name on Clover GUI for one file that does exists and works.

I tried that ... but it didn't work.

In `config.plist` I have:

<key>ACPI</key>...
  <key>DSDT</key>...
   <key>Name</key>
   <string>DSDT.aml</string>

In ACPI/patched I have:

dsdt1.aml
    dsdt2.aml

Clover options shows ACPI DSDT name: `DSDT.aml` -- I left it as is.

And yet `bdmesg` *still* shows:

My questions:

Thanks!

It looks like you have case-sensitive file system.

Clover intended to exclude all files with name DSDT* but it did not.

It is Clover bug and will be fixes asap.

So I'm running the latest version of Clover, and it's working great except for one minor niggle; before Clover displays any icons, I get a bunch of what looks like debug/log text to my screen about all the different EFI entries it finds.

Now this would be fine if I were debugging, but booting is working just fine so I'd rather not see this, but I can't find any option anywhere in config.plist to disable it, as far as I can see I've turned off all log and all debug options.

To clarify; the entries I'm getting are specifically about EFI volumes that Clover finds, and occurs before I select a volume to boot up from, so this isn't anything to do with the -verbose flag for actual macOS booting (though I also have this disabled).

Is there some other option somewhere that I can disable?

So I'm running the latest version of Clover, and it's working great except for one minor niggle; before Clover displays any icons, I get a bunch of what looks like debug/log text to my screen about all the different EFI entries it finds.

Now this would be fine if I were debugging, but booting is working just fine so I'd rather not see this, but I can't find any option anywhere in config.plist to disable it, as far as I can see I've turned off all log and all debug options.

To clarify; the entries I'm getting are specifically about EFI volumes that Clover finds, and occurs before I select a volume to boot up from, so this isn't anything to do with the -verbose flag for actual macOS booting (though I also have this disabled).

Is there some other option somewhere that I can disable?

Follow this  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/327584-apfsefi-without-verbose-boot/?hl=%20apfsefi

Clover rev 4380

2 config.plist named config.plist and config-1.plist with inside different ACPI/DSDT/patches

I choose config-1.plist then check in ACPI/DSDT custom patches and I see patches of previous config.plist

in this condition on clover boot men I press return to go to the main boot menu then again I select ACPI/DSDT/custom patches and I see correct ones patches

Clover rev 4380

2 config.plist named config.plist and config-1.plist with inside different ACPI/DSDT/patches

I choose config-1.plist then check in ACPI/DSDT custom patches and I see patches of previous config.plist

in this condition on clover boot men I press return to go to the main boot menu then again I select ACPI/DSDT/custom patches and I see correct ones patches

config-1.plist will be taken into account after return to main menu.

My questions:

Thanks!

The bug is fixed in 4391.

Anyway it is better to name files DSDT*.aml

• Like 1