Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,818 posts in this topic

I just said that so he would try and discover that most warnings are just warnings, like "don't look over the edge", but every one does that anyway - cause it's cool. Most of the warnings are actually in EDK, I try to fix the fixable ones in clover. As far as I remember there are few warnings that you can't get rid of with -Wall and they involve compiler defined macros not being defined (for the compiler not being used) and defaulting to zero. Apparently this is a problem, lol. I can't remember the others off the top of my head.

ok. if i build the existing local rev of clover. i do not get the warnings using micky's script but if i have the script pull edk and clover even though they are already at same revisions i get the warnings. i will attach a build log if you want to look at it. so maybe it is the script or edk.

Yes, there are numeroes warning building BaseTools. It is not our affair.

EDK2 developers said also "there are not our sources, not our license so we keep them as is. They works and let it be".

Question. My board is UEFI and Legacy.  I plan to change bios to UEFI since I heard it's better and faster?? .  On Clover setup, do I check both "Install for UEFI boot only" and "Install Clover in ESP"?

Thanks

Yeah those are the options you would select. Remember you need to have a GPT formatted drive so if your drive is MBR, you'll need to basically reformat it. Also I would suggest using a fat formatted usb, installing to that without "Install Clover in ESP" and test booting UEFI with that, so you can still get into your current install. In that case the MBR formatting will be fine for the tests.

• Like 1

Hi guys i have a doubt .. I have spotted a cool bug regarding the boot logo of macOS.. While installing Sierra in my Lenovo L420 ( Macbook Pro 8,1 ) and El Capitan on my EP45-UD3LR ( Mac Pro 3,1) i noticed that my config plist did not have a Custom Logo setting and the boot logo was grey on grey like this

965e06f40ad635d1e12f65b586e63929.jpg

I like it much better than the white on black logo that loads in my Asus X550LDV ( MacBook Pro 11,2 )

I tried all the different settings in the plist for the logo like Apple and Yes but nothing changes , the three of my hacks seem to render the white on black by default regardless of the setting, with the exception that in my Lenovo and EP45 the grey on grey loads on recovery hd and in install .

Could you throw your two cents about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys i have a doubt .. I have spotted a cool bug regarding the boot logo of macOS.. While installing Sierra in my Lenovo L420 ( Macbook Pro 8,1 ) and El Capitan on my EP45-UD3LR ( Mac Pro 3,1) i noticed that my config plist did not have a Custom Logo setting and the boot logo was grey on grey like this

965e06f40ad635d1e12f65b586e63929.jpg

I like it much better than the white on black logo that loads in my Asus X550LDV ( MacBook Pro 11,2 )

I tried all the different settings in the plist for the logo like Apple and Yes but nothing changes , the three of my hacks seem to render the white on black by default regardless of the setting, with the exception that in my Lenovo and EP45 the grey on grey loads on recovery hd and in install .

Could you throw your two cents about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't this normal? boot.efi uses the legacy grey logo with white background on old SMBios, and the white logo with black background on new SMBios. And MP3,1 is obviously an "old" one, whereas MBP11,2 is relatively "newer".  For now, as for MacPro series, only MacPro6,1 is showing the white logo with black backgd while booting.

The way to determine the logos is that... Oops sorry I cannot remember it anymore, if I remember correctly, there should be an array for that.

Isn't this normal? boot.efi uses the legacy grey logo with white background on old SMBios, and the white logo with black background on new SMBios. And MP3,1 is obviously an "old" one, whereas MBP11,2 is relatively "newer".  For now, as for MacPro series, only MacPro6,1 is showing the white logo with black backgd while booting.

The way to determine the logos is that... Oops sorry I cannot remember it anymore, if I remember correctly, there should be an array for that.

What I find strange is that the grey on grey logo only loads when installing Mac OS X, once it is installed it loads the white on black, even on my "MacPro3,1" and "MacBook Pro 8,1"

• Like 1

It's there to build custom ACPI tables for putting into the built firmware roms (or just to have in a efi binary to install or something). I doubt it's ever used, I don't think there are any custom tables for Clover/DUET.

EDIT: It's from EDK2, just in case you were wondering.

• Like 1

Hello, first of all sorry to bother you, I may be posting something irrelevant.

As for kext injection, we should revert back to the old way, well, 10.13 is coming, and nobody knows what the kernel will look like, in case the patches still work then...

Also, according to these comments, that's really somewhat not good.

//
// We can not rely on OSVersion global variable for OS version detection,
// since in some cases it is not correct (install of ML from Lion, for example).
// So, we'll use "brute-force" method - just try to patch.
// Actually, we'll at least check that if we can find only one instance of code that
// we are planning to patch.
//

So, we should revert back to use this "brute-force" method, like the attachment does.

Alright, everything will be clear 2 days later. :)

EDIT: Indenting.

old_way_kext_inject.c.zip

Edited by PMheart

Hi,

Is there a way to disable "Automatic boot in xx second" so that Clover loader menu still active even thought I don't click anything.   In Clover Config, if I put "0" second, Clover will not show other OS selection. It will just go straight to whatever OS last used.  Currently I set to 25 second.

post-700743-0-65203800-1496666018_thumb.jpg