ASUS Zenbook Prime UX31A-DB51 Ultrabook - fixes, mods, tweaks, etc

nhart12

1,056 posts in this topic

Fully work with 10.9 (except SD Card Reader). Can update from App Store like Real Macbook.

attachicon.gifUX31A.zip

First if all i am somehow a n00b to this. Had succes whit a custom build PC before but now trying to install on my Zenbook UX31A - bios 219 (PMpatched)

But i managed to install 10.9 whit [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to a 2nd partion next to my win8.1

i manage to boot OSX first time after install.

I then try to apply the kext and DSDT and SSDT and other files from the UX31A.ZIP

But when i reboot (whit -v) i end up at "System uptime in nanosec...." and get no further.

Whit -x -v UseKernelCache=no i got into the system again.

I would be most thankful for a n00b guide in howto and which files to apply to my semi-working install to get it running?

After i get OSX running i will then try to install Clover to get a full boot whitout the USB key.

While you booting with USB stick it doesn't matter which DSDT and all over you are using. Because you boot with pre-installed settings from USB stick. By the way I didn't have any problem with boot while I use USB stick.

i try already whit no luck.... 

Could you explain me the install method you used and which kext and files? then i can make a new install and try again...

pic of the screen, same result even whit only -x or -v or together etc...

post-5850-0-97531500-1383662264_thumb.jpg

i try already whit no luck.... 

Could you explain me the install method you used and which kext and files? then i can make a new install and try again...

pic of the screen, same result even whit only -x or -v or together etc...

Try this guide, should work. 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289062-109-mavericks-simple-vanilla-hackintosh-install-guide/

The panic is ApplePS2Controller, you can try VoodooPS2Controller or ApplePS2Controller come from Multi bea st 6.0 if still get panic.

Ok but the standard install i get working using the beast or myhack solution (do they also replace the FakeSMS and NullCPUpower kext? or should i change those afterwards`?)

My problem starts when i start to apply the UX31A specific kexts....

But i will try again and try to change the PS2 controller

thanks

I used kexts only from one post from 32 page (or not?) named UX31A.zip 

I change only IOAudioFamily in the package. And by the way, I tried to use myHack and it was isn't success... Only multi be ast help me.

thanks , now i have a ok working install, but i need helt to boot it whitout my beast usb stick.

i installed next to my existing win 8 install. should i use clover or can i use camelion (already installed but does not show at boot  whitout usb stick)

thanks

Any UX32VD users with a (near) perfect working install of Maverick? Detailed how-to would be really welcome! :)

I'm really hesitant on giving this another shot, but I've already invested quite a lot of time in getting 10.8 smoothly working, but there's was always something not decently working sadly.

thanks , now i have a ok working install, but i need helt to boot it whitout my beast usb stick.

i installed next to my existing win 8 install. should i use clover or can i use camelion (already installed but does not show at boot  whitout usb stick)

thanks

Do i install Clover onto my EFI partition ? or onto OSX partition?

After i must then add Clover EFi info in the bios boot manager right?

Do i install Clover onto my EFI partition ? or onto OSX partition?

After i must then add Clover EFi info in the bios boot manager right?

On EFI which must be formate as FAT16/32. And yes, after installation you must add new option in BIOS like \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi

• Like 1

I got my new wifi card today so thought I'd give this a shot this weekend.

I'm using the latest ASUS bios (not a patched one).

UX31A

I create the myhack usb installer for 10.9 but the installer won't boot unless I use -v -f -x.  I can complete an install using -x but after install the hdd also won't boot without -x so I can't run myhack again.

I've tried copying the fakeSMC from the zip above with no luck, still cannot boot.

I removed;

GeForce.kext
NVDAGF100Hal.kext
NVDAGK100Hal.kext
NVDANV50Hal.kext
NVDAResman.kext
IOBluetoothFamily.kext
IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext

And it gets further but still does not boot without -x.

Can anyone who's been successful with 10.9 fresh install point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

I got my new wifi card today so thought I'd give this a shot this weekend.

I'm using the latest ASUS bios (not a patched one).

UX31A

I create the myhack usb installer for 10.9 but the installer won't boot unless I use -v -f -x.  I can complete an install using -x but after install the hdd also won't boot without -x so I can't run myhack again.

I've tried copying the fakeSMC from the zip above with no luck, still cannot boot.

I removed;

GeForce.kext

NVDAGF100Hal.kext

NVDAGK100Hal.kext

NVDANV50Hal.kext

NVDAResman.kext

IOBluetoothFamily.kext

IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext

And it gets further but still does not boot without -x.

Can anyone who's been successful with 10.9 fresh install point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Use Uni Best and UX31A.zip which you already find. If you will have problem with audio, you can take my auido zip on the previous page.

Use Uni Best and UX31A.zip which you already find. If you will have problem with audio, you can take my auido zip on the previous page.

Unfortunately I'm still having no luck,

I used Uni to create a default installer which boots with -x. I completed the install process

After install I must use -x to boot, I installed the kexts from your file into s/l/e reboot. With -v it just freezes after initializing Bluetooth. There are no errors.

Could this be because I didn't repartition the whole drive? I just erased the Windows 8 ntfs partition and created the hfs in its place.

Unfortunately I'm still having no luck,  I used Uni to create a default installer which boots with -x. I completed the install process After install I must use -x to boot, I installed the kexts from your file into s/l/e reboot. With -v it just freezes after initializing Bluetooth. There are no errors. Could this be because I didn't repartition the whole drive? I just erased the Windows 8 ntfs partition and created the hfs in its place.

Try boot with dart=0 or disable VT-d from BIOS.

Unfortunately I'm still having no luck,  I used Uni to create a default installer which boots with -x. I completed the install process After install I must use -x to boot, I installed the kexts from your file into s/l/e reboot. With -v it just freezes after initializing Bluetooth. There are no errors. Could this be because I didn't repartition the whole drive? I just erased the Windows 8 ntfs partition and created the hfs in its place.

By the way, the better way to install new kext is using Kext Utility, because utility update caches and user rights. And it doesn't matter that you used whole drive. I used whole SSD too (of course, I used some small partition for EFI boot).

I have the necessary patches in the DSDT and the kext installed, yet I am unable to change my screen brightness. It recognizes that I am using the FN key combo (fn + F4 & fn + F5) and the OS shows that it is changing, but the brightness isn't actually changing.

Also the keyboard brightness is just off and F2 LED is off (I prefer it off anyway but it is an odd occurence)

PS I'm using 68x's dsdt and I am running bios214