ASUS Zenbook Prime UX31A-DB51 Ultrabook - fixes, mods, tweaks, etc

nhart12

1,056 posts in this topic

With atheros I have less signal than intel, I test it with windows and have more signal with intel, it is a little the different, but with intel you have better marks.

But the intel wifi card not have kext in os x.

If you want you can open your zenbook and change the antenna for the other typo of connectors but in my opinion, it's very difficult, I remove the circles in my atheros card and it is sufficient i have wifi, and all things works (app store, iMessage, iCloud).

Did you have to edit NetworkInterfaces.plist to be able to connect to iMessage and FaceTime?

I am able to login to iCloud, but not to iMessage and FaceTime.

How did you get it work, please?

With atheros I have less signal than intel, I test it with windows and have more signal with intel, it is a little the different, but with intel you have better marks.

But the intel wifi card not have kext in os x.

If you want you can open your zenbook and change the antenna for the other typo of connectors but in my opinion, it's very difficult, I remove the circles in my atheros card and it is sufficient i have wifi, and all things works (app store, iMessage, iCloud).

i use "ux31a.zip" some pages ago.

It have the necessary kext for all parts of the zenbook work, except sd card.

Only you need replace the wifi card, when you use the atheros card all the issues resolved, because mac need a physical network direction, for iMessage, iCloud, and apple store work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a very strange problem, my system freeze randomly.

I have an asus ux31a and use the @darkera13 files UX31A.zip, but in my system not work well...

e7z2.jpg

Someone can help me?, please

It's looks like you have another version of HD4000, try to inject another ig-platform-id with CLOVER, or change your DSDT in IGPU._DSM

"AAPL,ig-platform-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                 0xXX, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01
                            }
XX can have values from 00 till 0B

It's looks like you have another version of HD4000, try to inject another ig-platform-id with CLOVER, or change your DSDT in IGPU._DSM

"AAPL,ig-platform-id", 

Buffer (0x04)

{

0xXX, 0x00, 0x66, 0x01

}

XX can have values from 00 till 0B

What do you mind when you say "another version of hd4000"??

What do you mind when you say "another version of hd4000"?? 

Hi,

Sorry, i'm not native -) maybe other "revision" of mb or connectors will be correct.

i have 2 ux32vd, one of them works well with ig-platform-id 08 and 09, and have same issue with 01,

second have problems with 08, but works with 01,03,09 (but this device have replaced mb in ASUS service)

Hi,

Sorry, i'm not native -) maybe other "revision" of mb or connectors will be correct.

i have 2 ux32vd, one of them works well with ig-platform-id 08 and 09, and have same issue with 01,

second have problems with 08, but works with 01,03,09 (but this device have replaced mb in ASUS service)

I try with other ig-platforms but have the same problem only with 01 have scrambled screen like the image but the system don't freeze

Guys, sometimes the pc has restarted for no apparent reason, without any warning (as occurs with kernel panic). After rebooting I find the message where I can send the details to Apple about the problem, I copied and pasted into a text file that you can find attached. 

Can you help? 

PS. in the console does not show any apparent problem.

Panic.rtf

bajito93, I had the same problem intermittently until I chose "InjectEDID" and "InjectIntel" in Clover "Graphics Injector" menu. Of course I had to choose the correct ig-platform-id too, in my case it's the one ending by 8 or 9.

bajito93, I had the same problem intermittently until I chose "InjectEDID" and "InjectIntel" in Clover "Graphics Injector" menu. Of course I had to choose the correct ig-platform-id too, in my case it's the one ending by 8 or 9.

Good news!! can you explain me better please. Sorry and thanks for your time.

Some news:

I have patched 68x' famous "update.zip" DSDT (UX32VD) from with RehabMan's new "Native Brightness" patch! What it does is it gives you a lot better brightness scaling making the screen go from very bright, to very low which is a massive difference from how low the display's brightness could go before.

I know 68x' DSDT is old (but gold) and it hurts to use such an old DSDT, but I wish I could patch a completely new one from scratch and unfortunately I don't have that kind of knowledge. 68x has also removed his MaciASL patch repository (403 Forbidden) which is a gigantic shame, and I don't have any backup of those txt files he once had up on his site which makes patching the UX32VD DSDT a huge hassle.

You need to use the PatchAppleBacklight_v2.zip from his thread at Tony's (you know where it is. Google it or look at README.txt inside the zip). Follow his instructions how to get it working. Patch it and use the injector.

You can patch your own DSDT with it too, just remember that GFX0 needs to be IGPU first, or otherwise change the patch to say GFX0.

Changes I have done to the DSDT:

- Changed all instances of GFX0 to IGPU

- Inserted the Native Brightness patch from RehabMan.

Enjoy!

-----

I have temporarily fixed my problem from 

by sleeping the display every time I get a garbaged screen. I am using SleepDisplay.app on startup in order to remove all garbage if applicable, though this isn't exactly a very good fix... If anyone knows of this issue with the screen getting all screwed up it would be HIGHLY appreciated. Changing the ig-platform-id does not help.

------

Good news!! can you explain me better please. Sorry and thanks for your time.

He is talking about changing the connector on the Intel HD4000. I have been experimenting with this on mine (didn't work, though I have quite different artefacts so it isn't the same situation) and it will probably solve your problem.

If you're using Clover, go into the Clover Configurator and check "Inject Intel", in the "ig-platform-id" box, it is either a straight value or a flipped one.

09006601 is the flipped one and I believe it's the one you're supposed to use. If it doesn't work try reversing it (01660090).

What you need to do is change the "9" integer in that byte into what corresponds with your card. This is achieved through trail and error, so just try different values from 1 to B. Like this:

0A006601

0B006601

A is 10, B is 11 (hexadecimal).

Try them all out and see which one works.

If you're using Chameleon, write this boot argument when you start:

IntelCapriFB=x

x is the "9" integer above. So the x should be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 all up to B. Only that one integer, not the entire byte. You can also change the org.Chameleon.Boot.plist for "IntelCapriFB" as <key> and the integer as <string> underneath it.

Hopefully that will help you out.

PS: The 68x DSDT is sat as 09006601, so you should edit the DSDT to reflect the int that works for you. It can be found in the _SB.PCI0.GFX0._DSM (or _SB.PCI0.IGPU._DSM if you're using this DSDT) section of the DSDT as "AAPL,ig-platform-id". The hex: 0x09 is what corresponds to the magic number, change that to whatever works.

------

Now if anyone has any information on how to get HDMI audio working in 10.9.1 I'd love to hear it. I haven't really researched it yet so I might find a solution to it, but if anyone knows how to get it working, please do tell.

Modified 68x DSDT.zip

The patch repo has been put back up (it was a webserver configuration issue that caused to deny access to hidden files). I will be uploading my DSDT and kexts later today.

Getting HDMI working is simple as patching AppleHDA (even the native kext will work fine).

Edit:

These kexts are only for Mavericks. I will not provide support or help (I provide them with no guarantee that they will work for you); take the kexts as is. My DSDT has been highly edited, and I will not list the edits. The attached DSDT should be used for reference purposes. In fact, I will guarantee that it will not work for you (unless you have the same hardware configuration as me).

Most of these kexts are made by EmlyDinesh at OSXLatitude. The Elan touchpad kexts can be found there.

Kexts_Mavericks.zip

Refernce_DSDT.zip

• Like 3

The patch repo has been put back up (it was a webserver configuration issue that caused to deny access to hidden files). I will be uploading my DSDT and kexts later today.

Getting HDMI working is simple as patching AppleHDA (even the native kext will work fine).

Great to see you again, thanks for putting that back up.

Actually patching AppleHDA wasn't enough. I've tried several different types of patched AppleHDA for the ALC269VB kexts and absolutely none of them have HDMI audio. However I have found the solution which was the AppleIntelFramebufferCapri kext.

It needed to be patched to get it working, and after some hours of trying EMlyDinEsH's method of patching that kexts through hex editing (loading all the kexts through single user mode when LVDS and HDMI isn't working takes some time...) I finally got the right combination! I now have HDMI audio out working perfectly!

I have attached my completely self-patched AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext with the HDMI audio. That should do the trick with it. It's the newest 10.9.1 Framebuffer kext.

Information about what was edited is inside the zip.

HDMI AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.zip

• Like 1