ASUS Zenbook Prime UX31A-DB51 Ultrabook - fixes, mods, tweaks, etc

nhart12

1,056 posts in this topic

Hi, there is a way to enable SD card reader? Can I buy anorher compatible with osx? if there is which one?

Thank

I've tried looking for some solution to this problem, but alas it seems to not be possible at this point in time. We have a Realtek Internal SD Card reader with productID: 0x0139 (313) and VendorID: 0x0bda (3034). It appears as USB2.0-CRW in the USB section of System Information. You can cosmetically rename it into a "Internal Memory Card Reader" by using AnyCardReader.kext, but the slot itself will not work. Editing the AppleUSBCardReader kext doesn't help unfortunately.

Luckily SD card readers are cheap and easy to use, so I'd recommend something like a Kingston FCR-HS3 (USB3 speeds) for example which is really nice. Or you can find something more portable probably on eBay or your local store. Most of them are compatible with OS X OOB. 

• Like 1

Apple released 10.9.2 which is a crucial update due to a dangerous security flaw. 

It has updates to the sound drivers and the graphics drivers. Thus the GeForce drivers will reappear and the Intel driver will be overwritten with newer ones. Plus the AppleHDA will be overwritten.

I tried with HDMI audio with the stock kext and it did not work, so here's the fresh 10.9.2 AppleIntelFramebufferCapri edited for HDMI audio (UX32VD). Tested and working perfectly fine. Enjoy!

AppleHDMICapri 10.9.2.zip

Or if you are using Clover, you can simply use my patch:

Hdmi Audio:

https://github.com/Ramalama2/UX301_DSDT/blob/master/6.%20Experimental/Clover%20Patches/Clover_HDMIAudio-HD4000.txt

ALC269 / 270 / 282:

https://github.com/Ramalama2/UX301_DSDT/tree/master/2.%20Clover%20ALC

@P5QMac

Is your Sleep working after 10.9.2 Update? :-)

My Sleep doesn't like me and gone away xD

• Like 1

@P5QMac

Is your Sleep working after 10.9.2 Update? :-)

My Sleep doesn't like me and gone away xD

Yup, sleep working fine and audio works fine after sleep as well. I'm using Chameleon though, so that might be the reason, as I think 68x had problems with sleep as well according to:

Here is my config.plist. Do not use it without reading the Clover wiki.

You have been warned (there are some sleep issues that I am still trying to diagnose).

• Like 1

Yup, sleep working fine and audio works fine after sleep as well. I'm using Chameleon though, so that might be the reason, as I think 68x had problems with sleep as well according to:

I tryed Chameleon already :-)

There is no difference, for some there is difference but the most of them doesnt know how to use Clover...

Clover have very much options for sleep and more...

However, My Sleep is working with 10.9.1, with Clover and Chameleon, and since the first beta of 10.9.2 + now the official 10.9.2, it just reboots on wake :-)

With both, Clover and Chameleon... :-)

However, i spoken already with 68x, he knows not more as i, and i don't know more as he :-)

Im just confused why so much ppl are using Chameleon with an uefi board, and not Clover... were you don't need to patch anymore anything... like applehda on every update... And the other example is, Im booting with Clover twice as fast, as with chameleon... Clover is taking 6-8 Secounds to OSX login... and Chameleon takes for the same 14-18 seconds...

However :-) Seems like i need to experiment little bit more, or start to debug the kernel... But i already know where it comes from... thats the new Drivers from 10.9.2... For the Iris 5100...

But however, i need to debug, to find out where it exactly comes from... Maybe its fixable with dsdt... Will see :-)

Thank you P5QMac :-)

• Like 1

I've Uploaded UX32A Dsdt, to my github...

I need anyone with a UX31A, im going to support this model too :-)

And who know already the base things, and have osx already running :-)

Cheers :-)

Let me know what you need, I have a UX31A-DH51 running OSX 10.9.2 :-)

---> All your Tables exported from Clover (Hit in Clover "F4" Key / "Efi/Clover/ACPI/origin" Folder)

---> Aida64 Report.html (Windows)

---> And maybe a codec_dump from linux (but this we going to see later, maybe there exists some with 164bit Patched Verbs)

---> And a list of the UX31A Versions, (Only the differences related to GPU and CPU)

Thats all :-)

Everything you need IS in this thread. All you need to do is just read and search. The main post explains everything you need to create an USB installer.

@68x

I wrote:

He Answered:

I Answered what i need:

---> All your Tables exported from Clover (Hit in Clover "F4" Key / "Efi/Clover/ACPI/origin" Folder)

---> And maybe a codec_dump from linux (but this we going to see later, maybe there exists some with 164bit Patched Verbs)

---> And a list of the UX31A Versions, (Only the differences related to GPU and CPU)

----------------------

How you easily can see here, is, that I HAVE REQUESTED files from UX31A! To Support this model in my Github!

And he have osx already running and asked me what i need!

So your Post here makes no sense:

Everything you need IS in this thread. All you need to do is just read and search. The main post explains everything you need to create an USB installer.

My sleep almost gone away -) , i've freeze sometimes with menu sleep and autosleep, but no reboots.

Im Going to debug this next week with 2 osx machines :-)

I will post, what i found out :-)

Hello everyone, 

I have a problem with audio after updating to 10.9.2: no audio output from headphones.

The speaker works fine but when I connect the headphones the system recognizes them but there's no audio coming out.

I'm using AppleHDA.kext v2.6.0 vanilla, but patched with clover with these for ALC269 (without the other kext AppleHDA269.kext). FixHDA_8000 is set to true in clover. I tried with the DSDT I was already using and with the one found on GitHub here.

Everything else on my hackintosh works fine included sleep, even with 10.9.2.

My Laptop:

ASUS UX32A, BIOS 215

Intel i3-3217U

ALC269VB

Attached: both DSDT, CodecCommander kext, audio codec dump, AppleHDA right after 10.9.2 update and ioreg (done with the dsdt from github, I don't know if matters). I don't know if there's something else I should have attached.

Thank you everyone for your help and for everything you've done and shared on this forum and in other places! 

ux32a audio.zip

@68x

I wrote:

He Answered:

I Answered what i need:

----------------------

How you easily can see here, is, that I HAVE REQUESTED files from UX31A! To Support this model in my Github!

And he have osx already running and asked me what i need!

So your Post here makes no sense:

Im Going to debug this next week with 2 osx machines :-)

I will post, what i found out :-)

Indeed you are correct. I mistook him for asking for help; I dislike people asking the same thing over and over again.

An update on the USB 3.0 ...  It doesn't look too good .. I am having troubles mapping the correct USB 3.0 port to the USB 2.0 port in the DSDT. I cna patch my DSDT, but the issue is the actual "multiplex".

Hello everyone, 
I have a problem with audio after updating to 10.9.2: no audio output from headphones.
The speaker works fine but when I connect the headphones the system recognizes them but there's no audio coming out.

I'm using AppleHDA.kext v2.6.0 vanilla, but patched with clover with these for ALC269 (without the other kext AppleHDA269.kext). FixHDA_8000 is set to true in clover. I tried with the DSDT I was already using and with the one found on GitHub here.
Everything else on my hackintosh works fine included sleep, even with 10.9.2.

My Laptop:
ASUS UX32A, BIOS 215
Intel i3-3217U
ALC269VB

Attached: both DSDT, CodecCommander kext, audio codec dump, AppleHDA right after 10.9.2 update and ioreg (done with the dsdt from github, I don't know if matters). I don't know if there's something else I should have attached.

Thank you everyone for your help and for everything you've done and shared on this forum and in other places! 

Try my patched AppleHDA from 10.9.1, I posted it a couple pages ago, The UX32A and UX32VD should have the same pin configuration. Make sure to disable the FIX_HDA in Clover, and ensure that you are injecting layout id 28 in your DSDT, like so http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1967-applehda-binary-patching/

On a side note, I do believe that I have sleep working perfectly now (using Clover). I will my config.plist whenever I get the chance.

What did I was:

- Disabled USB injection (AddClockID,FixOwnership,Inject are false under Devices -> USB in the plist)

- Disabled SLP SMI option(SlpSmiAtWake = false)

- Disabled Suspend Override (SuspendOverride = false)

- Enabled Fix Regions in the DSDT section

• Like 1

--->Is there another way to export all tables? Cuz  I am using Chameleon instead of Clover, which does not work on my laptop.

--->I will attach it later.

--->codec_dump? do you mean the codec of sound card?

--->I only know three versions of UX31A series, which are DH51(I5-3317U, HD4000) , XB52(I5-3317U, HD4000)and DH71(i7-3517U, HD4000)

Try my patched AppleHDA from 10.9.1, I posted it a couple pages ago, The UX32A and UX32VD should have the same pin configuration. Make sure to disable the FIX_HDA in Clover, and ensure that you are injecting layout id 28 in your DSDT, like so http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1967-applehda-binary-patching/

On a side note, I do believe that I have sleep working perfectly now (using Clover). I will my config.plist whenever I get the chance.

What did I was:

- Disabled USB injection (AddClockID,FixOwnership,Inject are false under Devices -> USB in the plist)

- Disabled SLP SMI option(SlpSmiAtWake = false)

- Disabled Suspend Override (SuspendOverride = false)

- Enabled Fix Regions in the DSDT section

First of all, thank you for helping me!

I tried this applehda, I disabled fix_hda and I think layouts id 28 is injected, I just need method _dsm inside hdef with 0x1C? in clover, audio > inject id is 28. In system information > sound > id audio is 28. 
Even with these configuration speaker and mic work, it recognizes the headphones but no sound comes out. For a moment I thought the headphones jack was broken but works fine on linux.

Thank you!

I tried it but there's no audio output from headphones as before, maybe applehda is not the problem... :(

Maybe the version of alc269 on your laptop is different from mine, as far as I know, there are at least 3 versions. I fully test the driver before releasing, both speaker and headphone work properly.

Maybe the version of alc269 on your laptop is different from mine, as far as I know, there are at least 3 versions. I fully test the driver before releasing, both speaker and headphone work properly.

My laptop has an alc269vb, what's yours?

Anyway, I believe you when you say it's working for you, maybe that's something else in my system to fix...

My laptop has an alc269vb, what's yours?

Anyway, I believe you when you say it's working for you, maybe that's something else in my system to fix...

I recommend you contact EmlyDinesh on OSXLaitude. Post here, http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1967-applehda-binary-patching/, with a dump of your pin configuration. I am 99% sure it's a wrong codec verb.

• Like 1

I recommend you contact EmlyDinesh on OSXLaitude. Post here, http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1967-applehda-binary-patching/, with a dump of your pin configuration. I am 99% sure it's a wrong codec verb.

Good news! :thumbsup_anim:

I followed that guide to calculate the codec verbs commands relative to the headphones, I replaced those from ammor's AppleHDA with the new ones and now everything works perfectly! Thank you 68x and ammor for your help  :)

In case someone needs it, here's my AppleHDA (v2.6, 10.9.2) for ASUS UX32A (ALC269VB).

AppleHDA alc269vb 2.6.zip

• Like 1