Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

@Louis2014

@Louis2014

I don't have access to a PC / Laptop or even a tablet for the next week to fully help (currently replying off my phone) but if you looking for a full vanilla method to create an ISO for VM's follow the topic here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?/topic/295176-%5BAMD%5D-General-Chat%2C-Questions-%26-Answers/page__view__findpost__p__2061645

My method is very vanilla, AlmirKadric adds a bit more for a custom ISO and of course you can follow bronya's link as well.

• Like 2

First of all, would like to thank to all developers..

Downloaded  + test so so many kernel devs. And still cannot get rid from invalid user opcode 64 (ud2) / lock OPEMU: lock cmpxchg16b [rdi] right after bootcache with my old desktop Athlon x2 3800+ & Mavericks 10.9 - 10.9.5 (fresh install). Please post any working kernel so i can complete my AMD Working Build profile :) Contact me if you need to test your latest compiled kernel on my old machine.. Keep up good work guys!

First of all, would like to thank to all developers..

Downloaded  + test so so many kernel devs. And still cannot get rid from invalid user opcode 64 (ud2) / lock OPEMU: lock cmpxchg16b [rdi] right after bootcache with my old desktop Athlon x2 3800+ & Mavericks 10.9 - 10.9.5 (fresh install). Please post any working kernel so i can complete my AMD Working Build profile :) Contact me if you need to test your latest compiled kernel on my old machine.. Keep up good work guys!

We are in the same boat of AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+ CPU with Socket 939.

It seems reaching a dead-end since 6 months ago without any break-through of the new patched kernels which can solve this problem.

Thanks for these developers who made us possible to get working Hacintosh at Lion 10.7.5 & SL 10.6.8 at least.

Go ! Go ! Hope a break-through in the near future for us again !

• Like 1

Hi!

I'm back and have redesigned the kernel some more.
It needs testing A.S.A.P. (+feedback ;))
Source diff is included.
I've also made the diff ready for Lion (needs merging).
Pentium D and AMD users should like it ;)
It shouldn't panic anymore :D
Don't ask which version it is please (it's 10.8.2 lol)

Attached Files

SinetekBronzovkAnVoodoo_rc2.diff.zip File should do something?? or just use the amd_kernel ?

SinetekBronzovkAnVoodoo_rc2.diff.zip File should do something?? or just use the amd_kernel ?

That file is so that you can compile the kernel again from scratch. It is basically comparing the original kernel source with a patched one and records all the changes so that if need be you can recreate the kernel again.

SO in your case just use the amd_kernel

• Like 1

Confirm BSA_10.9.5_FX_rc1 is stable.

Full working boot, QE/CI and two days on two PCs (see configs in subscript) without any issues (also "whitescreen" bug is gone).

Only thing is PS_CS6 crashes cause SSSE3 is not supported. Is it correct?

Correct, but there is a work around if it is the starting of the app. Here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286124-adobe-cs6-master-collection-snow-leopard-lion-mountain-lion/?p=1892242&do=findComment&comment=1892242

Also if you fully update Photoshop CS6 it doesn't crash on the MMXCore.plugin

HOWEVER if it is from filter masks then sadly yes that would be why it crashes.

Okay, I'll try to update PS and try workarounds.

Is opemu in "todo" for this kernel? ;)

UPD:

After workarounds both PS and Illustrator works. But Illustrator crashes in "image tracing" (same issue was on 10.8). Same binaries works correctly on my MBP. So, I think it's kernel issue...

There is crashlog (if it will help).

And again sorry for my huuuge delayed test spakk :)Kernel 10.9.5 for FX by spakk is running very good.

Shutdown works

Restart works

AppStore works

iTunes works

AirDrop works (with modification, because I use LAN internet connection and connect with macbook which works on WiFi)

Pro Tools works

Logic works

FL Studio works

Ableton works

And again confirming the very good stability of this kernel - recording (two days from now) with Pro Tools and many VST and RTAS plugins loaded into project with no errors at all. Hack running two days 24/7 with almost maximum power and use. Thank you again  :)

• Like 2

Confirm BSA_10.9.5_FX_rc1 is stable.

Full working boot, QE/CI and two days on two PCs (see configs in subscript) without any issues (also "whitescreen" bug is gone).

Maybe tell us how to solve the whitescreen ?!

So I had a perfectly running Hackintosh on 10.9.4 using Bronya's RC7 kernel, then I upgraded to 10.9.5 and tried using BSA_10.9.5_FX_rc1 kernel but since then I'm struck on "Resetting IOCatalogue" which repeats over and over. I did replace System.kext and other files bundled with the kernel but that didn't help, apparently the earlier Rollback files(AppleSMC.kext, Sandbox.kext) didn't help either. Help?

So I had a perfectly running Hackintosh on 10.9.4 using Bronya's RC7 kernel, then I upgraded to 10.9.5 and tried using BSA_10.9.5_FX_rc1 kernel but since then I'm struck on "Resetting IOCatalogue" which repeats over and over. I did replace System.kext and other files bundled with the kernel but that didn't help, apparently the earlier Rollback files(AppleSMC.kext, Sandbox.kext) didn't help either. Help?

try to add boot flag PCIRootUID=1 and npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000

But I think it is not kernel related problem. This kernel works good to almost every user of this thread :)

Edited by tragediana150

with the last Mavericks amd kernels based on xnu-source 10.9.4 and 10.9.5 do not change system drivers in  S / L / E  , this is not necessary, leave everything unchanged, except for the additional drivers for your hardware.

Maybe tell us how to solve the whitescreen ?!

...so, I can't :) It just gone when I upgraded from 10.8.4 (which had whitescreen bug) to 10.9.5. Nothing was changed but kernel & OS version.

One note - I use clover in UEFI-mode, not legacy/MBR.

OK, now I found first issue - fast clock :) It runs faster then real time, not much, just for 20-30 minutes per day. I wasn't detect it at begin of use 'cause I shutted down my PC for night, but, when uptime raised to 3-4 days, it became more noticeable.

...so, I can't :) It just gone when I upgraded from 10.8.4 (which had whitescreen bug) to 10.9.5. Nothing was changed but kernel & OS version.

One note - I use clover in UEFI-mode, not legacy/MBR.

OK, now I found first issue - fast clock :) It runs faster then real time, not much, just for 20-30 minutes per day. I wasn't detect it at begin of use 'cause I shutted down my PC for night, but, when uptime raised to 3-4 days, it became more noticeable.

Thank you, now i know the AMD Kernel still ain't sync.

(And i wonder why these Benchmarks scores so low)

I stay away from osx now till some changes :)

Thank you, now i know the AMD Kernel still ain't sync.

I stay away from osx now till some changes :)

Remember it's development topic, and 10.9.5 still unstable for AMD. And best way to help developers - report bugs/issues and (if you can) donate.

10.8.4 kernel was stable & sync, but whitescreen.

with the last Mavericks amd kernels based on xnu-source 10.9.4 and 10.9.5 do not change system drivers in  S / L / E  , this is not necessary, leave everything unchanged, except for the additional drivers for your hardware.

So upon your suggestion I copied and replaced the kexts from S/L/E of 10.9.4 to my current installation and this(attached) happened. :/

post-1156064-0-35444600-1414930887_thumb.jpg

you have not reinstalled Mavericks and used the new kernel !! That is the reason why you have these problems .... please discuss your concerns further here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285760-help-topic-further-help-in-chatosx86hulegacykernel-irc/page-106
I will try to help you

Edit:

here is the answer for your problem
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285760-help-topic-further-help-in-chatosx86hulegacykernel-irc/page-106?do=findComment&comment=2080008

Edited by spakk
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

10.9.5 AMD Athlon Graphical Glitches FIX

OPEMU: from anv-10.9.2-r10

Graphical Glitches FIX : from Sinetek v4

xnu-1095-athlon-fix.jpg

fixes the graphic glitches but breaks final cut playback/rendering for me where as in Darwin 13.3.0 it works perfectly. but it might be because I'm using graphics kext from 10.9.0.

can someone upload AMD5000Controller.kext, AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle and AMDRadeonX3000.kext from 10.9.5 so i can test please?

amd kext from 10.9.5

Thank you. sadly for some reason with those drivers I can't reach the desktop.

if I have graphics enabler on it gets stuck on the gray apple with spinning circle but underneath the OS does start and I can reach it through screensharing with my macbook. the graphics appear as "Radeon HD 5850 (null)"

And with graphics enabler off i reach de desktop but I think in VESA mode and shows 5mb vram, no QE/CI.

I could not find an easy solution for this before so I opted to use drivers from 10.9.0, I don't know if higher work but certainly not 10.9.5 not out of the box. if anyone has any clue i'd appreciate it.

I'll look further into this issue and see if i can fix it then i'll test again. doesn't seem to be kernel related.

Hi all !

I tested flash player and i'm getting glitches graphics !

This problem operand "pshufb" from ssse3 in opemu.c !

If green screen in video - this problem operand "pmaddubsw" from ssse3 in opemu.c !

If original operand "pshufb" - then see graphic in flash player :

post-31928-0-27825000-1416601462_thumb.png

If change "pshufb" to other operand from ssse3 , i get :

post-31928-0-33965200-1416601559_thumb.png

But bad in testssse3 ! 

Why wrong effect in opemu in function "fetchoperands" ??? Sinetek odd programming ???

I really dunno that fix ! (((

I did kernel for Lion 10.7.5 and stable working , no crash with Xcode ...

• Like 2