Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

I get this panic, any ideas?  thx

I also changed the fast exit function to iretq (Sinetek's idea).

edit: the same motherboard and cpu boots mountain lion fine...

12.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 12.2.0: zo  6 jan 2013 21:22:53 CET; SinetekBronzovkAnVoodoo v1.0.0:xnu-2050.18.24/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

post-26171-0-45006100-1413397075_thumb.png

You did replace the kernel file, didn't you?

yes mach_kernel and other files replaced in myhackos10.9.5 usb installer i will try 10.9.4 kernel better... i get a error bootstrapped has crashed abort ... 

a user named Traace gots too this error 

not, just bootstepper crashing cause IOKit.

Anyway, reinstalled now and leave the stock frameworks in place.

System boots ;)

This is my solution? 

yes mach_kernel and other files replaced in myhackos10.9.5 usb installer i will try 10.9.4 kernel better... i get a error bootstrapped has crashed abort ... 

a user named Traace gots too this error 

This is my solution? 

I have no idea what CPU you have installed in your Hackintosh and not know which kernel you use?

I do not want to be rude, but always make first your signature, then we can assess your results

in this sense

I have no idea what CPU you have installed in your Hackintosh and not know which kernel you use?

I do not want to be rude, but always make first your signature, then we can assess your results

in this sense

sorry now yes i got signature 

edit: i solve all problems i do this install niresh with flags AMDFX GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x3000 -v put combo update to 10.9.4 and paste kernel http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/4210-amd-kernel-for-os-x-mavericks-1094-xnu1330/ (in windows) repair with niresh distro disk utility restart and working

Single-Core Score 2113

Multi-Core Score 9946 

geekbench score are goods?

nvidia gts 450 1gb 

in few hours i will test 10.9.5 with new kernel in my cpu 

very sorry for my english from spain :( im bad learning

sorry now yes i got signature 

edit: i solve all problems i do this install niresh with flags AMDFX GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x3000 -v put combo update to 10.9.4 and paste kernel http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/4210-amd-kernel-for-os-x-mavericks-1094-xnu1330/ (in windows) repair with niresh distro disk utility restart and working

Single-Core Score 2113

Multi-Core Score 9946 

geekbench score are goods?

nvidia gts 450 1gb 

in few hours i will test 10.9.5 with new kernel in my cpu 

very sorry for my english from spain :( im bad learning

do us and insanelemac a favor and turn away from Niresh and make a clean install with using myHack3.1.1.app. then do your tests with various amd kernels.

many thanks

• Like 2

better doing a clean install and use the kernel.

I did a clean install + rc1a + System.kext only (Framework no) and it works!!!

Once the screen or white or black, but it probably does not depend on the kernel (If GE=No then system works without graphics acceleration).

• Like 1

The graphics card is the problem.

I assume you've made the test with your Lenovo.

are you using a dsdt?

Try to boot with these flags:

-x -f npci=0x2000 graphicsenabler=no / yes usekernelcache=no cpus=1 busratio=10

The graphics card is the problem.

I assume you've made the test with your Lenovo.

are you using a dsdt?

Try to boot with these flags:

-x -f npci=0x2000 graphicsenabler=no / yes usekernelcache=no cpus=1 busratio=10

yes of course at Lenovo. PC with the oldest CPU does not start with any of the kernels (start here). I'll be happy to test. 
Lenovo started normally only if the rollback all AMD*.kext from the OSX 10.9. I have to do it after each update.
DSDT no longer using, without it all works.

I did a clean install + rc1a + System.kext only (Framework no) and it works!!!

Once the screen or white or black, but it probably does not depend on the kernel (If GE=No then system works without graphics acceleration).

I run into the same issue. AMD R9 280

Works on out of box (Clover) on 10.9.4_rc3 + rollback but not with 10.9.5_rc1 (with/without rollback) so far.

• Like 1

I run into the same issue. AMD R9 280

Works on out of box (Clover) on 10.9.4_rc3 + rollback but not with 10.9.5_rc1 (with/without rollback) so far.

idem with HD 5450/6670/6850 and HD 7950 (screen white) and works HD 4670 and GT 440 .

works good with Clover /13.3 rc4 ? and chameleon ?

thank

Please do not forget.....

We AMD users will get big problems in the near future.
our AMD kernel programmers ANV and Bronya have not been indemnified for their great developments, in any way but their work was recognized with words, but acknowledged no financial compensation. I think if every user would send a lump sum in the amount of one or two euros for a kernel download to the programmer, then AMD kernel development can get a chance for the future.
to Bronya and ANV must say they spend a lot of time and energy to help all users here ....
Moreover Bronya has implemented some developments such as kernel extensions to the internal sound card with AppleHDA and iCloud, iMessage with AMD are possible for the future. but since no one appreciates his work, I absolutely understand that he retain the improvements.
My motto is "Live and let live" and not just install everything "in German---> für lau" "for free", and the one who did the work, remain empty-handed.
THEREFORE I would like to start this called today and to it to appreciate you remembering the past and future work, the AMD gets a chance in the future, otherwise the last bells will end with Mavericks.

In this sense ..... thx for the numerous participation ... here is the link to the programmers  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294519-amd-development-donations/

Edit:
It should be noted that not niresh or else who makes the kernel programming for you! There are the above-mentioned persons including sinetek and theconnatic and some people in the background who allows it, the amd hackintosh was possible.

• Like 6

Hi all,

Is there any AMD kernel that is available in "source" format, or maybe some tutorial to build one by ourselves?

As far as I understand, some nice people have done a great job in providing such *compiled* kernels. But it seems that they want to stop their developments. I think a source repository would permit everybody to participate without having to rely on some (talented) people.

Regards

​Edit: I've found that Bronya always include a diff file in his distributions which is great :). I haven't tested his kernel yet but I definitely will. So far, I've obtained very good results with BSA_10.9.5_rc1.zip from spakk which doesn't include a diff though :(

@spakk: would you mind providing the diff from xnu, please?

I've installed Mavericks 10.9.0 (soul dev team, VMware) on a Proliant N54L server (AMD Turion Neo II) under esxi 5.1u1 by exporting the soul dev team machine with VMware vCenter converter standalone (and adjusting machine type to OSX 10.8 and setting network card to E1000e). After a few tries with a few AMD kernels that were all booting but with various problems, I've installed BSA_10.9.5_rc1 (kernel+System.kext) from spakk. Excellent!

Then, update from the app store to 10.9.5, restoring the AMD stuff on reboot, installed VMware tools (latest from Fusion), changed resolution to 1920x1080 (with the alt key tip).

My next attempt is to install from an original distribution (If I can download Mavericks 10.9.5 now that Apple have removed it from their servers...)

Thanks for your great job

• Like 3

Hi all,

Is there any AMD kernel that is available in "source" format, or maybe some tutorial to build one by ourselves?

As far as I understand, some nice people have done a great job in providing such *compiled* kernels. But it seems that they want to stop their developments. I think a source repository would permit everybody to participate without having to rely on some (talented) people that would like to be paid for their hobby.

Regards

​Edit: I've found that Bronya always include a diff file in his distributions which is great :). I haven't tested his kernel yet but I definitely will. So far, I've obtained very good results with BSA_10.9.5_rc1.zip from spakk which doesn't include a diff though :(

@spakk: would you mind providing the diff from xnu, please?

I've installed Mavericks 10.9.0 (soul dev team, VMware) on a Proliant N54L server (AMD Turion Neo II) under esxi 5.1u1 by exporting the soul dev team machine with VMware vCenter converter standalone (and adjusting machine type to OSX 10.8 and setting network card to E1000e). After a few tries with a few AMD kernels that were all booting but with various problems, I've installed BSA_10.9.5_rc1 (kernel+System.kext) from spakk. Excellent!

Then, update from the app store to 10.9.5, restoring the AMD stuff on reboot, installed VMware tools (latest from Fusion), changed resolution to 1920x1080 (with the alt key tip).

My next attempt is to install from an original distribution (If I can download Mavericks 10.9.5 now that Apple have removed it from their servers...)

Thanks for your great job

Building a Kernel & making a diff:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/page-245?p=1973542&do=findComment&comment=1973542

XNU-builder-Sinetek_branch

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/page-252?p=1977052&do=findComment&comment=1977052

Branch URL: https://github.com/sinetek/xnu

mach_10_9_4_bronya_rc3_branch

https://github.com/AlmirKadric/MacOSX_xnuKernel/tree/bronya - Credits: bronya of course http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/user/31928-bronya/ & AlmirKadric http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295176-amd-general-chat-questions-answers/page-3?p=2066200&do=findComment&comment=2066200

• Like 2

the patching of the xnu-source from diff-patch-file based on the work of Bronya, ANV and Sinetek is no great art. which can realize my little daughter. What is the next? ..what about yosemite? , who can Guarantee that yosemite xnu-source works with the patches? ... I can not Guarantee .... only hope ...

• Like 1

Please do not forget.....

We AMD users will get big problems in the near future.

our AMD kernel programmers ANV and Bronya have not been indemnified for their great developments, in any way but their work was recognized with words, but acknowledged no financial compensation. I think if every user would send a lump sum in the amount of one or two euros for a kernel download to the programmer, then AMD kernel development can get a chance for the future.

to Bronya and ANV must say they spend a lot of time and energy to help all users here ....

Moreover Bronya has implemented some developments such as kernel extensions to the internal sound card with AppleHDA and iCloud, iMessage with AMD are possible for the future. but since no one appreciates his work, I absolutely understand that he retain the improvements.

My motto is "Live and let live" and not just install everything "in German---> für lau" "for free", and the one who did the work, remain empty-handed.

THEREFORE I would like to start this called today and to it to appreciate you remembering the past and future work, the AMD gets a chance in the future, otherwise the last bells will end with Mavericks.

In this sense ..... thx for the numerous participation ... here is the link to the programmers  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/294519-amd-development-donations/

Edit:

It should be noted that not niresh or else who makes the kernel programming for you! There are the above-mentioned persons including sinetek and theconnatic and some people in the background who allows it, the amd hackintosh was possible.

I looked at that link and didn't see anything specific to send money directly to bronya.. I would like to offer him a donation but feel like giving to him directly since his name is on the kernel I use would be best. Does he have a paypal or some other way to send money?

• Like 1

@Duran Keely: Thanks

@spakk: is it possible to have the diff file for BSA_10.9.5_rc1 please? I would like to understand what make your kernel the only one that works, if you don't mind of course.

- No additional kexts for all my tests

- EFI boot is natively supported by VMware with fully accessible nvram

- I've performed a clean install of Mavericks 10.9.0 (original distribution) with  BSA_10.9.5_rc1 + System.kext, updated to 10.9.5 from App Store. Works perfectly.

- But neither mach_10_9_4_rc3 + System.kext (which is only for SSSE3 cpus if I'm not wrong) nor mach_10_9_4_rc1 + System.kext from bronya don't even boot (no crash, just stuck with moderate CPU usage).

So, I'm trying to understand what is the difference between original mach_10_9_4_rcX kernels from bronya and the BSA_10.9.5_rc1 kernel.

@Duran Keely: Thanks

@spakk: is it possible to have the diff file for BSA_10.9.5_rc1 please? I would like to understand what make your kernel the only one that works, if you don't mind of course.

- No additional kexts for all my tests

- EFI boot is natively supported by VMware with fully accessible nvram

- I've performed a clean install of Mavericks 10.9.0 (original distribution) with  BSA_10.9.5_rc1 + System.kext, updated to 10.9.5 from App Store. Works perfectly.

- But neither mach_10_9_4_rc3 + System.kext (which is only for SSSE3 cpus if I'm not wrong) nor mach_10_9_4_rc1 + System.kext from bronya don't even boot (no crash, just stuck with moderate CPU usage).

So, I'm trying to understand what is the difference between original mach_10_9_4_rcX kernels from bronya and the BSA_10.9.5_rc1 kernel.

Hi Louis2014,

I would not like to decorate with false laurels, which is not my style. All patches are identical to Bronya's kernel, may you have done a mistake while patching of kernels. or you have a problem with xcode. I made the BSA_10.9.5_rc1 and  BSA_10.9.5_FX_rc1 on my real Mac (iMac 21,5 - 2011).

Hi Louis2014,

I would not like to decorate with false laurels, which is not my style. All patches are identical to Bronya's kernel, may you have done a mistake while patching of kernels. or you have a problem with xcode. I made the BSA_10.9.5_rc1 and  BSA_10.9.5_FX_rc1 on my real Mac (iMac 21,5 - 2011).

Thanks for your answer, I appreciate.

​In fact, for now, I just use compiled versions obtained from this site. When you say "patch identical to Bronya's kernel", what exactly do you refer too?

To be clear, Bronya's kernel mach_10_9_4_rc1 is patched against xnu-2422.110.17. The full diff has been provided by Bronya in this topic, it is BRONYA_ANV_SINETEK_R10_10.9.4_diff.txt

Don't you really want to provide the diff corresponding to your patch?

The only thing I can say for now:

- BSA_10.9.5_rc1 works from Mavericks 10.9.0 to 10.9.5 without problem

- mach_10_9_4_rc1 doesn't boot

So, they are not the same, but you already knew that...

​Edit 1: mach_10_9_4_rc1 boot screenshots. It takes some time between screen 1 and screen2. At first, I thought it was stuck when it wasn't... yet.

Edit 2: The above is for mach_10_9_4_rc1 with Mac OS X 10.9.5 (further investigations have shown that it works well from 10.9.0 to 10.9.4)

post-1416870-0-73458600-1413975114_thumb.png

post-1416870-0-47645600-1413975262_thumb.png

exchange the IOHIDFamily.kext from the previous Mavericks version

and boot with: -x -f npci=0x2000 usekernelcache=No .....

or with -s

fsck -fy (enter)

mount -uw / (enter)

exit (enter)

Thanks for your answer, I appreciate.

​In fact, for now, I just use compiled versions obtained from this site. When you say "patch identical to Bronya's kernel", what exactly do you refer too?

To be clear, Bronya's kernel mach_10_9_4_rc1 is patched against xnu-2422.110.17. The full diff has been provided by Bronya in this topic, it is BRONYA_ANV_SINETEK_R10_10.9.4_diff.txt

Don't you really want to provide the diff corresponding to your patch?

The only thing I can say for now:

- BSA_10.9.5_rc1 works from Mavericks 10.9.0 to 10.9.5 without problem

- mach_10_9_4_rc1 doesn't boot

So, they are not the same, but you already knew that...

​Edit: mach_10_9_4_rc1 boot screenshots

attachicon.gifmach_10_9_4_rc1_stuck_at_boot.png

I have done nothing else, just as has been described by Duran Keeley

see here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/page-318?do=findComment&comment=2071851

exchange the IOHIDFamily.kext from the previous Mavericks version

and boot with: -x -f npci=0x2000 usekernelcache=No .....

or with -s

fsck -fy (enter)

mount -uw / (enter)

exit (enter)

I have done nothing else, just as has been described by Duran Keeley

see here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/page-318?do=findComment&comment=2071851

Hi spakk,

Thanks for your anwer. I've started over with mach_10_9_4_rc1. As suggested by its name, it's compatible upto Mac OS X 10.9.4. No luck with 10.9.5...

I plan to build a virtual guest that is as close as posiible to an official Mac. So basically, only the VMware nutshell and tools, official OS X distributions, AMD kernel + System.kext and nothing more (no chameleon, no Clover, no myHack tweaks, no additional kexts...) if possible. Tweaking of SMBIOS and nvram done directly in VMware if possible.

So, with these conditions, mach_10_9_4_rcX can't work as is with a genuine OS X 10.9.5. I don't say it can't work at all with 10.9.5 (as stated by your signature) but I'm pretty sure that it requires something more (some kexts as you suggest maybe). I think the download section should be updated appropriately.

​It seems that kernels are backward compatible (by design maybe, I don't know) but the reverse is not true, of course.

​My next step is to learn how to recompile a new kernel with the method given by Duran Keeley.

Thanks again for your help and the great job,

Regards

• Like 1