Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

So after installing 10.9.2 in virtualbox and then upgrading to 10.9.4 with a combo update with rc3 all seems well except if I try and view "About This Mac" from the apple menu. Finder seems to reboot after this error

tumblr_nb18wmnVxe1s7anamo2_1280.jpg

and I get a KP when shutting down

tumblr_nb18wmnVxe1s7anamo1_1280.png

But other then that everything works very well :D

So after installing 10.9.2 in virtualbox and then upgrading to 10.9.4 with a combo update with rc3 all seems well except if I try and view "About This Mac" from the apple menu. Finder seems to reboot after this error

tumblr_nb18wmnVxe1s7anamo2_1280.jpg

For rebooting Finder try to paste VoodooTSCSync for AMD cpus, maybe that will work for you. About shutting down I think it's not a problem with kernel. I have FX too and restart and shutdown working very well :)

For rebooting Finder try to paste VoodooTSCSync for AMD cpus, maybe that will work for you. About shutting down I think it's not a problem with kernel. I have FX too and restart and shutdown working very well :)

Well using VoodooTSCSync changed the error

tumblr_nb1b644sew1s7anamo1_1280.png

And yes I don't think the KP on shutdown is related to the kernel but I lack the knowledge and experience to deduce what the issue is sadly.

Thanks

Maybe you should try paste System.kext from Bronya's kernel package? Or install osx on real hard drive, not in virtualbox. This will be faster, easier and more comfortable for you and your amd machine ;)

P.S. You don't have to use the newest kernel from Bronya. You can use previous Bronya's kernels, they working very well too with 10.9.0-10.9.4 versions :)

Try other fakesmc.kext ))

I have tried both the one from MyHack and the latest one available (updated 08.07.2014)

Maybe you should try paste System.kext from Bronya's kernel package? Or install osx on real hard drive, not in virtualbox. This will be faster, easier and more comfortable for you and your amd machine ;)

P.S. You don't have to use the newest kernel from Bronya. You can use previous Bronya's kernels, they working very well too with 10.9.0-10.9.4 versions :)

I have swapped the System kext with Bronya's. The reason I am using a virtualbox setup is it seemed Bronya was working on trying to make it work a little better so I thought I would give it a shot as I have dozens of virtual machines. And the reason for using latest kernel is this is the closest I have been to being able to get anything past 10.9.2 to load. 10.9.3-4 are not friendly to my rigs for some reason.

It seems coming here is just causing all kinds of trouble, and I'm sorry about that I just enjoy making OS X load on amd as a hobby and only have been at it for about 4 months of actual work. But thanks for the help regardless.

• Like 1

Is it possible to use VoodooPState with the latest kernel? I was under the impression that the System.kext with the latest kernel was patched for VoodooPState, but I must have misread... When I use VoodooPState My CPU only goes up to 1600 MHz.

No problems running OsX 10.9.4 with Bronya's  mach 10.9.4 rc3 with system kext and framework . running over 48 hours ,no KP till now !

Runs very fast ! Runs even better then QsX 10.8.5 .Great work !

Only issue I found was netflix in which browser ( Safari/chrome/firefox ) still doesn't run smooth .

No issues with Logic Pro X ( No sample or clock issues :lol: )  

( earlier problems I had were not Kernel related )

• Like 2

No problems running OsX 10.9.4 with Bronya's  mach 10.9.4 rc3 with system kext and framework . running over 48 hours ,no KP till now !

Runs very fast ! Runs even better then QsX 10.8.5 .Great work !

Only issue I found was netflix in which browser ( Safari/chrome/firefox ) still doesn't run smooth .

No issues with Logic Pro X ( No sample or clock issues :lol: )  

( earlier problems I had were not Kernel related )

do you mean you don't have pink/red icons and graphical distortions anymore?

I just have these problems and I have been searching for solving these problems.

( if you can give me link )

TNX

do you mean you don't have pink/red icons and graphical distortions anymore?

I just have these problems and I have been searching for solving these problems.

( if you can give me link )

TNX

hi, never encountered these distortions . In fact never had those since using an FX cpu ,or having an HD 6850 . 

post-992298-0-17978400-1410088462_thumb.png

• Like 2

hi, never encountered these distortions . In fact never had those since using an FX cpu ,or having an HD 6850 . 

can you give me a download link for Bronya's mach 10.9.4 rc3?

I have already searched in this website and google but I couldn't find a link.

I have a weird problem in photo booth when I take a photo by it, instead of photo I have a totally white photo.

do you have this problem too?

My PC Specs:

• AMD Athlon II 630 @2.8GHz
  • Asus m4a78
  • Patriot 2GB DDR2 800MHz
  • GeForce 9800GT 1GB GDDR3 256-bit

can you give me a download link for Bronya's mach 10.9.4 rc3?

I have already searched in this website and google but I couldn't find a link.

I have a weird problem in photo booth when I take a photo by it, instead of photo I have a totally white photo.

do you have this problem too?

My PC Specs:

• AMD Athlon II 630 @2.8GHz
  • Asus m4a78
  • Patriot 2GB DDR2 800MHz
  • GeForce 9800GT 1GB GDDR3 256-bit

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=147189

• Like 1

You can not be serious my friend !! :o I think that you have not reading done yourself the last 5 pages !!!!Because then you would have all new kernels found !!!

• Like 4

I am sorry if I annoyed you. I just searched "bronya's mach 1094 rc3" in forum but no result appeared. :)

(I don't understand why isn't this kernel in download section?)

I appreciate all your efforts.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/category/6-kernels/ ;)

• Like 4

Describe the problems why not start Kernel rc3 with your hardware ... you may need to adjust something?

Or try to check rc1 or rc2

Some users had to install the system.kext or the content of frameworks from the zip file of Bronya .... or the Hid ... kext driver from 10.9.0.. this must be tested individually.