Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Hi Bronya,

tested with my hardware, unfortunately with kernel panic (Mavericks 10.9.5 last Build)

the test I have done without the boot file that you have added to the package.

20150303_194904.png

Edited by spakk

Kernel fix ! ))

Try )))

attachicon.gifmach_10.9.5_bronya_rc3.zip

I can confirm this works with Phenom II X6, I used the kernel and boot-file

The following problems found:

videos run max. 11 seconds, then the video stops ..tested on YouTube and MyVideo with Safari and Firefox

Edited by spakk

I have not connected the sound system at the moment, will test this evening.

• Like 1

Try these and eliminate NPCI = xxxxx from o.c.B.p
no white screen on boot
AppleHDA works

I do not DSDT

Prova spakk

Thank you very much for your excellent kexts which solved my AMD Hackintosh problems in Mavericks 10.9.5.

But I found these seem not compatible with Yosemite 10.10.1.

Can you provide newer kexts for Yosemite 10.10.1 ?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the following problem with mach_10.9.5_bronya_rc4 kernel running on Phenom II x4 955 / WMware Workstation: it is impossible to open About This Mac -> System Report. The system hangs for a while and then all applications are relaunched. There were no such problem with some older kernels dated to October-November 2014.

post-1087951-0-62170400-1426922292_thumb.png

I have the following problem with mach_10.9.5_bronya_rc4 kernel running on Phenom II x4 955 / WMware Workstation: it is impossible to open About This Mac -> System Report. The system hangs for a while and then all applications are relaunched. There were no such problem with some older kernels dated to October-November 2014.

Hi ! You tried with my boot ? 

for Bronya .....       FX8350 amd "aka piledriver"

also , in my sig are the AMD _replace_Kext_for_Yosemite.... was wondering if anyone could get these working in 10.9.5. would be totally awesome to get out of safeboot :)

for Bronya .....       FX8350 amd "aka piledriver"

also , in my sig are the AMD _replace_Kext_for_Yosemite.... was wondering if anyone could get these working in 10.9.5. would be totally awesome to get out of safeboot :)

I don't understand ! That you want  ? 

This kext _replace_Kext_for_Yosemite only for Yosemite , but no for  Maverick !

Hi and thanks everyone for this great effort to make the impossible become real. Well i am on 10.9.5 and i use Bronya's mach_10.9.5_bronya_rc4 kernel without his boot file. I have n't replaced any kext with modded. I am using no DSDT and clover bootloader. I have phenom x4 965 BE. I want to mention that i also have random restarts and the console does not show anything about it. thanks in advance again, keep up

EDIT : random reboots happen when i am trying to upload from chrome or safari a file!! every every time the same.