Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Ok duran tommorow i'll try that...but why kernel has this problem?!at biggening i haven't this problem

Ask the Kernel Devs, making the perfect kernel for everyone is IMPOSSIBLE now days that Apple have started using more of the ssse3 CPU instructions, what they tweak, may work for one type of processor's (the older non ssse3 ones in this case) but may not for the FX processors or most of the time the other way around. It comes down to trial and error and most of the time it's fix one thing, break another. BUT AMD has amazing kernel developers and not many here can understand the concept of what has been done, without them, none of this would have ever been possible. Give them time and they can fix almost any problem!

• Like 8

I have some Problems saving a PNG File to JPG. It outputs only a white Image, but when I save a copy of the JPG it saves the Image Data. Think it is a Kernel related Issue ?

Original PNG :

post-1169962-0-77263100-1403111804.png

Saved into JPG :

post-1169962-0-13488900-1403111804.jpg

I'm using latest RC7 Fix for old CPUs ...

use a dedicated graphics program. yes this is a kernel related issue. preview.app and the system will corrupt some files when resizing or converting to another format. for example the user icon.

I use rc7 kernel and bootflag = 0x2000 dmesg error :

Macs-Mac-Pro:~ mac$ sudo dmesg

Password:

n ERROR TG3D kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TG3H kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TG3H kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TG3P kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TG3P kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TG4D kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TG4D kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TG4H kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TG4H kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TG4P kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR TG4P kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

I use rc7 kernel and bootflag = 0x2000 dmesg error :

Macs-Mac-Pro:~ mac$ sudo dmesg

Password:

n ERROR TG3D kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff801119f000

read this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/page-218?do=findComment&comment=1967675

I am using the motherboard in my sig and it's using a realtek ALC89x chip. I've been using VoodooHDA since started using hackintosh on 10.8.5 and it's been fine.

I've recently used Bronya's RC7 FX kernel for 10.9.x and I often get crackling sound. Before that I've used Anno-something R9 kernel but it did require me to replace System and Sandbox KEXTs.

Has anyone had the same experience and if yes, what have you done to fix it?

thanks so much :)

Would it be possible to make a monitoring kext+app and/or kernel mod for the opemu so that you can get more output from it? Im no expert but it might make it easier to debug. If you could compare the output between intel and amd machines when the real and emulated instructions are executed, maybe it could help alert you to issues? no idea how this could be implemented or if its possible to do this already in software

For the sound crackling with the ALC892 codec, the issue that fixed that was manually setting my busratio to the proper value. Mathematically, it looks like it's right smack in the middle between 17 and 18 (windows sees it at as 18 in CCC). However, to get it working properly, I set it to 17, and the issue of sound has not existed after :)

Yes, I've seen several posts from users with ALC892 complaining about audio crackling in Mavericks whilst they never had that in ML. Audio issues in Mavericks and/or after Mav updates is a known problem.

seems it's specific to this kernel (RC7) though. never had a problem with audio when using the R9 kernel from Annold

For the sound crackling with the ALC892 codec, the issue that fixed that was manually setting my busratio to the proper value. Mathematically, it looks like it's right smack in the middle between 17 and 18 (windows sees it at as 18 in CCC). However, to get it working properly, I set it to 17, and the issue of sound has not existed after :)

I'll try your suggestion. Did the problem existed in other kernel versions? or only after moving to mavericks? thanks

latest mach_Kernel v4 is very good. can work with AMD A6-3500.

but I still could not run Qt  on MAC os x 10.9 on AMD computer with latest march_kernel.

who can help to find out what's wrong? you can download Qt Creator 3.0.0 for Mac to test from http://qt-project.org/downloads ,it is only about 60M and need not to install.

I don't know whether this is still relevant or not, but I compiled qt creator (3.1.1, qt5.3) without ssse3 support and it seems to work fine now.

I can supply the app and libs as soon as I know how to make a standalone app on OS X.

-edit: successfully made a standalone Qt creator app. I can upload it if anyone is interested (Qt creator, and most of Qt5.3. Some Qt5.3 parts are missing (like QtMultimedia) because compiling failed with an ld linking error).

post-1361137-0-82795800-1403446814_thumb.jpg

@mrjayviper, I'm not exactly sure of your situation, but let me say that on an AMD Kernel, you can't expect the proper busratio inside the kernel because it's a generic kernel for a bunch of cpus, old, newer, etc. A lot of them are different. That's exactly why I came to setting mine to the proper value. There is a topic on doing so, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/240542-guide-getting-your-busratio/. Not sure wat exactly you would have to do (cuz your situation could be completely different), but you can always try. 

@mrjayviper, I'm not exactly sure of your situation, but let me say that on an AMD Kernel, you can't expect the proper busratio inside the kernel because it's a generic kernel for a bunch of cpus, old, newer, etc. A lot of them are different. That's exactly why I came to setting mine to the proper value. There is a topic on doing so, http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/240542-guide-getting-your-busratio/. Not sure wat exactly you would have to do (cuz your situation could be completely different), but you can always try. 

I think mine is setup to auto as I'm not over/underclocking it. I'll check it out next time I reboot it.

Thanks a lot :)

seems it's specific to this kernel (RC7) though. never had a problem with audio when using the R9 kernel from Annold

I'll try your suggestion. Did the problem existed in other kernel versions? or only after moving to mavericks? thanks

Do you have a download link for R9 kernel from Annold ? I'd like to check out if it solves my crackling audio problem...

Thanx

there is someone who use xcode without compile's problem llvm 5 on amd?

i tried to build an objective-c application without success

everyone who use Xcode 5.1.1 and 6.0 have problem with compile on amd with rc7  kernel.. now i can use 5.0.2 only without problems, works good

everyone who use Xcode 5.1.1 and 6.0 have problem with compile on amd with rc7  kernel.. now i can use 5.0.2 only without problems, works good

i tried bronya kernel rc7 fix but with my configuration don't work on 10.9.3.. i'm on old bronya rc4 fix (10.9.1).. now i'll try xcode 5.0.2.. i hope it's work