Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

So I make this edit rather than making a rollback of ACPIPlatform and IOPCI? Makes sense, do I just add the devices and methods needed to the ssdt and write an implementation of them, then add other patches such as usb wake? 

I tested the latest Clover with bronya rc7 kernel and it's boot up very slowly (more than a minute, maybe 2)

another problem with Clover is the normal boot because only UEFI boot can use all CPU cores with AMD processors

with chameleon I'm on the desktop after 15-20 sec

maybe it's just a Clover issue

For me loading the kernel cache takes a very long time (about 3 or 4 seconds longer than my intel machine which has an HDD), and the spinning wheel takes twice as long to appear. I've played around terminal and kext installers to rebuild caches and repair permissions but not much of a difference.

Don't have much to complain, it's an awesome kernel and it works great! :yoji::superman:

Does graphics (QE/CL) works just by using RC7 kernel , or we have to install kexts?I am using APU A6 with intergated card and can't get QE/CL enabled.

Hi ! I answered to you that problem only kexts ! 

always need to rollback the AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext after every update to fix the gray screen problem

I did just the same rollback but it didn't work out for me. I saw the desktop screen zoom in but then it was grayish-white again... really getting mad with this tiny little problem of mine system... I just wonder, is that kernel related problem or something, something else ???

Apple released 10.9.4.. Anyone try to update? Rc7 kernel will work?

10.9.4 Confirmed working here on a fx-8350.

The combo pack from apple from apple was used to update. I didn't use the app store, but I don't believe it makes any difference. 

I booted to single user and safe mode and replaced AppleACPIPlatform.kext, IOPCIFamily.kext, System.kext, AppleMatch.kext, and Sandbox.kext with the ones from my previous working 10.9.3 install. 

I am using bronya's kernel (thank you bronya :) ) mach_10.9.2_rc7_fixed.zip. I am using the fx kernel. 

The -f boot flag was needed because it was booting using the apple mach kernel.

I also have an asus bt 4.0 dongle. I had previously changed the product id and vendor id in the broadcom plugin of the IOBluetoothFamily.kext. Apple must have updated this for 10.9.4 because I had to add the ids back to the plugin kext.

Things seem faster, but I did switch from a nov 2013 bronya kernel to the one mentioned above.

• Like 2

I booted to single user and safe mode and replaced AppleACPIPlatform.kext, IOPCIFamily.kext, System.kext, AppleMatch.kext, and Sandbox.kext with the ones from my previous working 10.9.3 install. 

there is no need to rollback the System.kext, AppleMatch.kext, and Sandbox.kext 

I don't do that and it's working flawless, except the kernel panic(IOPCIFamilyPlugins) after every second boot if I boot without -f bootflag

OS X Build 13E28 via software update without any problems. ., I need to change anything. The system works fine with the latest kernel of Bronya.

• Like 1

nvidia, maybe others channel exceptions ...

10.9.4 Confirmed working here on a fx-8350.

The combo pack from apple from apple was used to update. I didn't use the app store, but I don't believe it makes any difference. 

I am using bronya's kernel (thank you bronya :) ) mach_10.9.2_rc7_fixed.zip. I am using the fx kernel. 

The -f boot flag was needed because it was booting using the apple mach kernel.

I also have an asus bt 4.0 dongle. I had previously changed the product id and vendor id in the broadcom plugin of the IOBluetoothFamily.kext. Apple must have updated this for 10.9.4 because I had to add the ids back to the plugin kext.

Things seem faster, but I did switch from a nov 2013 bronya kernel to the one mentioned above.

Hi all,

I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this and would appreciate appropriate advice.

Using AMD kernels for a long time AMD kernel developers deserve my deep respect and I want to pay something back.

I have lost QE/CI since 10.9.2 and found replacing IOPCIFamily.kext and AppleACPIPlatform.kext to be the cure. I was digging deeper and realized following facts:

- it is not kernel related

- nvidia has changed default interrupt mode to msi in the past
- apple has changed msi interrupt base from 0x90 to 0x70 in IOPCIFamily-224 (used in 10.9.2) in 10.9.1 it was 0x90

- my rig reports

03.07.14 21:05:18,000 kernel[0]: IOAPIC: Version 0x21 Vectors 88:119
03.07.14 21:05:18,000 kernel[0]: IOAPIC: Version 0x21 Vectors 64:87

So IOAPIC vectors cover a range from 0x40 to 0x78 overlapping the new msi basevalue.

- modifying IOPCIFamily-224 (after release of code) to the old value revealed that QE/CI came back in a almost vanilla OSX 10.9.2

Attached is a patch and a binary version of IOPCIFamily.kext. I introduced a boot argument 'msibase=0xAB' to it. This kext let me do all updates from 10.9.1 to 10.9.4 with retaining QE/CI just replacing it and nothing else. It expects a parameter as in 'msibase=0x90' (the value I use) specifying the value the base vector should take. A value of 0x00 effectively disables the use of message based interrupts.

If someone would confirm my facts, I would be glad. Otherwise try to just forget this post or delete it by an administrator.

Please excuse me, if this post is misplaced and is of no interest to anyone.

best regards

IOPCIFamily.zip

• Like 10

Hi axamanA,

many thanks for your work on this drivers, as soon as I see an opportunity to work on my hackintosh, I will test their work and report my results.

Every good work is welcome here..many thx.

Hi !

I found one really odd !!! 

1) If original mach_kernel from apple_dvd_10.8.5 - works icloud , imessage on  CPU INTEL iMac  !

2) if download original xnu-2050.48.1.tar and extract , then immediately compile , and copy mach_kernel from xnu-2050.48.1.tar in system . Then reboot and start system 10.8.5 with new mach_kernel , and i tried Icloud and imessage - don't working !!!!!!

3 ) i back original to mach_kernel and try run icloud - works !!!

WHY don't works iMessage and iCloud , if  use mach_kernel from compilation xnu-2050.48.1.tar ???? 

Who know ? ))))