Mountain Lion Golden Master 12A269 online.

Derty

126 posts in this topic

I have problems installing my Mountain Lion :(

I have HD6850 graphic card and I had to remove the Ati6000controller.kext, because I got the white screen. I succeeded to install the OS to my hard drive, but when I boot first time(after it has copied the files), the wheel just keeps spinning and nothing happens...I have tried with different boot flags and for example -v does not give any error message, it just stops. I tried with -x and after a while a gray bar appeared under the apple logo(I suppose this should happen?). It kept loading a while until disappeared and the wheel kept spinning.

Any suggestions what I should do?

EDIT: When booting on safe mode, it loads the grey bar about 1/3 until it disappears and the wheel continues spinning.

I dont know Sir, Im not good at these things :) But basicly I got the white screen problem and read some posts that removing the ati6000controller would help :)

EDIT: I got it working. I had to put GraphicsEnabler=No after the first boot and after that it went to a desktop. There I installed the ati6000controller.kext from ML.

I just noticed something interesting:

If you go to ~/Library/Mobile Documents, then the folder name changes to iCloud and gets a nice cloud icon too. So I have an iCloud folder that sync with iCloud (or in the future maybe)? the folder can't be pinned to sidebar, and if i create an alias from it, it changes back to "Mobile Documents". Also if you navigate in the iCloud folder, the bottom path bar gets empty, so it's not real folders in there.

Pic:

post-150972-0-31854100-1342980253_thumb.png

You can also pull it in the Dock.

hello

remove again the ati6000controller

must edit with u dev id

http://olarila.com/f....php?f=18&t=736

see here

good hack

do not need to edit it, just delete it to install and first boot, after that you start with the USB and once on the desktop is reinstalled, no more problems and it works perfectly.

But I wonder why does this happen? ....... very mysterious at least for me

Bug or what:

Go to "/System/Library/CoreServices/Dock/Contents/Resources/" then take a look at "indicator_large@2x.png". The biggest indicator doesn't updated to Retina. So if someone make the dock really big on a retina mac pro, then the indicator changes to the old one? :worried_anim:

edit:

final build number = gm build number

<p>

Hi helob and artur-pt!Thanks to member BukiA, the only method that worked for me for the error of this DVD player was told by Bukia...with this method, i can use original IOAHCIFamily.kext AppleAHCIPort.kext from Mountain Lion.........."Go to the folder /System/Library/Frameworks/ and back up the file "DVDPlayback.framework." If you have a regular Time Machine backup of the system that should suffice, or you can copy the file to your desktop.Open 0xED or your preferred hex editor and use it to open the following file:/System/Library/Frameworks/DVDPlayback.framework/Versions/A Using the editor's searching options, search for the text "Internal" and replace all occurrences of it (there should be four) with the text "External" and save the file.If you cannot edit the text with your program, then locate the hex code for the word "Internal" (which is "496E7465726E616C") and replace it with the hex code for the word "External" (which is "45787465726E616C")."Close the file once saved, and then run a permissions fix on the boot drive using Disk Utility. Then restart the system and you should now be able to play DVDs off the external drive using DVD Player. I hope it can also help those in need.I have another problem, my graphics is an asus hd 6870 but during the boot appears a message saying "unknown AGPM Controller platform" how can I solve this? Many thanks

Edit: ok, now "unknown AGPM Controller platform" message log disappeared.

Hello. I find 16 instances of "Internal" when I search through this executable file. Which four need to be replaced?

I seem to be having problems with any of these graphics cards I use GTX 550ti 2gb, 9800 GTX+ 1gb, 8400 GS etc etc. They all work fine in Snow Leopard but in ML Golden I am seeing wierd affects. For example, if I open System Profiler, at first the window is very small in the center of the desktop and difficult to close. I close it and reopen and this time its a bit larger but still not normal. I close it and reopen it again and finally its at the normal size.

At other times when I launch system profiler it seems the window never opens. I have to close it from finder and relaunch sometimes 2 or 3 times.

Initially I was getting artifacts from my graphics card such as icons ghosting or smearing and figured out I had a bad power supply so I switched out my Thermaltake Toughpower 750 to a Corsair 750tx . That issue went away after that. Could I still have a hardware issue such as the PCI-e slot? The Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P.

I have also noticed at times but rarer instances of the apple spin wheel taking the mouse pointer place. It spins for a couple seconds then quits spinning but takes the place of the mouse pointer. It only goes away after a reboot.

Has anyone else noticed any weird behavior such as this?

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

I kissed Lion goodbye a long time ago (the second I saw the sneak-peek of ML on Apple's Website) GM works fabulous!! (C2Q-Q6600+8800GT) :) ... too bad they dropped 32-Bits kernel :( Now I can't Use Zydas WI-FI Dongle(USB) in GM.(but I'm writing this post thanks to ML DP1 that obviously supports 32-Bits).(I HAVE 2 Partitions : DP1 + GM) I really hope one day they will make a 64-Bits driver for Zydas.. or I'll buy a 15m RJ45 cable and Use Wired lan :D

Cheers!

-Ahmed