Mountain Lion Golden Master 12A269 online.

Derty

126 posts in this topic

Boots into white screen using myHack tried -v -f -x GraphicsEnabler=no and yes had problems with DP3 also I wonder If I can even install ML help anyone

I have the same problem too. ML DP4 and ML GM does not work with MyHack 3.1/3.2 (for information: only ML DP3 works fine).

it boots into white screen.

Runs fine on my MSI G41M-P23.

Only issue is the USB drive is a bit flaky... usb stops working from time to time. Rolled back the lion kext and all is well. Not sure what is going on but more testing is in order. :thumbsup_anim:

Also still no audio working form MSI motherboards in 10.8 with modified AppleHDA.kext

hello

is graphics

what is u graphics ?

insert u profile u signature, something like i have in the final

good hack

I have the same problem too. ML DP4 and ML GM does not work with MyHack 3.1/3.2 (for information: only ML DP3 works fine).

hello

remove from install in s/l/e

ati6000controller

http://olarila.com/f....php?f=18&t=736

http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1014

good hack

I had this problem too (Gigabyte 6870). I read somewhere that you can either roll back the graphics drivers or press the power button to sleep/wake the machine once (what I did). Of course, you would need to have sleep working with vanilla install with whatever DSDT, etc.

How to install ML GM using Myhack 3.1.2:

1. Create the installer USB on an 8G USB drive, following Myhack directions;

2. Once the process ended, open the USB drive, go to /Extra/Extensions and remove FFS the "Patched AppleRTC...." after restart it will get you in a pretty kernel panic. Keep it and check later if you think it is useful;

3. Get Chameleon rev 2009 from here: http://www.osx86.net/view/2848-chameleon_r2009_-_mountain_lion_[updated_...html and install it in the USB drive, the bootloader put by Myhack doesn't boot.

4. Now boot from the USB drive and install ML GM on your computer.

Than get the Extra specific kexts, dsdt and audio on your own for the postinstall.

Now I need help in finding a proper Chameleon or other bootloader that enable iCloud on ML GM!!! Thank you in advance.

I am using IOAHCIBlockstorageInjector kext to get my drives detected as internal and to get rid of the orance icons. It used to disable hotswap but it's working now. I can eject and remount all drives except for the system drive and I also successfully hotplugged my DVD drive.

Setting serial-ata AHCI to ESB2 is no longer required in order to re-mount the disks after sleep.

EDIT: AppleRTC.kext still needs to be patched.

I installed sucefully all mountain lion versions with this guide http://ssgoku129.wordpress.com/2012/02/21/osx86-mountain-lion-usb-installation-guide-using-######/ , i actully have a dual boot mountain lion DP1 and GM, cause i dont have wifi on GM, i have a ralink 3090 and there isnt 64 bit kexts for this, unfortunelly T.T, but all are OK, graphics, sound, ethernet, cam, boot from HD, less the wifi!

I'm using Geekbench 2.3.4 and now it reports my config as a "MacPro3,1" instead of a "Hackintosh".

(I don't know that this is because of the new geekbench, or because of mountain lion...)

Can someone please give more details on how to update instead of installing fresh ?

I launched the app from the DMG, but when the computer rebooted nothing happened, still on Lion.

The in-app upgrade will not work as you found out. This is a limitation with chameleon IIRC. The process of upgrading a Lion install is the same as making a fresh install, except instead of choosing a blank partition, choose your Lion install.

• Like 2

hello

is graphics

what is u graphics ?

insert u profile u signature, something like i have in the final

good hack

hello

remove from install in s/l/e

ati6000controller

http://olarila.com/f....php?f=18&t=736

http://olarila.com/f...php?f=27&t=1014

good hack

Hello,

I remove ati6000controller as suggested; here the result:

Panic (CPU 0 caller....)

debugger called (panic)

Can someone please give more details on how to update instead of installing fresh ?

I launched the app from the DMG, but when the computer rebooted nothing happened, still on Lion.

Thank you,

A.

I am having the same issue..Burning won't work, image too big. Using iatkos l2 not sure how to update..I don't want a fresh install

hello

the ati6000controller, is nothing to do with cpu ? what u tell is a kp in cpu, have u proper dsdt ?

when remove the aticontroller is to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No

good hack

It took a while because i had problems finding the right OSInstall.mpkg for MBR and IOATAFamily.kext for non-AHCI SATA HDDs, aaaaaaaaand.... upgrade from Lion 10.7.4 didn't work :\

Everything was going perfect when at the end installed gave an error.. Will try upgrading Lion to 10.7.5 and upgrade to ML, if it doesn't work i'll install over ML DP4.

Cheers

Asus P6T SE, i7 920, Radeon 4850.

Used the Lion install guides to install from another partition, prepared it using existing Lion setup (side note: MBR fix for Mountain Lion GM).

FakeSMC from kozlek's latest HWSensors, DSDT by ErmaC.

Booted the install using Chameleon 2.1 svn2003, Graphics Enabler=No and -x to keep it safe. Setup went fine, Mountain Lion booted fine using same safe settings, Lion was upgraded.

Added deviceid of gfx card to ATI4800Controller.kext and switched Graphic Enabler=Yes with AtiConfig=Cardinal, fixed permissions and cache, QE/CI was back.

Ethernet - official Lion driver from Realtek still causes kernel panics after some time (sigh), so went with the rock stable AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext plugin from 10.6.8. Still works fine.

Audio - I do not do rollbacks, up to 10.7.4 I used to edit AppleHDA.kext plist and xml files manually using files from ErmaC's guide and just binpatching it with HDA Wizard (or perl oneliner). But now the Platform and Layout xml files are zlib compressed - after a quick search I found this script. So audio works with the proper DSDT fix and Mountain Lion GM patched kext.

I am having the same issue..Burning won't work, image too big. Using iatkos l2 not sure how to update..I don't want a fresh install

Are you using the Install ESD image? If yes then you have to create an install media (usb flash for example), restore BaseSystem.dmg onto it , replace the Packages softlink with the actual file, and make it bootable using chameleon and all required components.

The in-app upgrade will not work as you found out. This is a limitation with chameleon IIRC. The process of upgrading a Lion install is the same as making a fresh install, except instead of choosing a blank partition, choose your Lion install.

Ok, I prepared my USB disk installation, the only problem I'm facing right now is that the installer can't see my current Lion HD. Everything is in AHCI mode already and installing Lion was a breeze, so I'm wondering if any special kext is needed. Any clue ?

Thank you,

A.

Are you using the Install ESD image? If yes then you have to create an install media (usb flash for example), restore BaseSystem.dmg onto it , replace the Packages softlink with the actual file, and make it bootable using chameleon and all required components.

I am running iatkos l2 currently. I am not sure how to do any of the above.lol..I do have super duper for the drive and tried putting the installed on it and said coundn't do it, was in use. If there would be a guide would be awesome..But thank you for your answer