Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,226 posts in this topic

Ciao! I am Renato from Italy, Belluno province on the Dolomite area. I am 65 and retired. I like to "play" with computer but i am not a player. I jus spend some of my time on it. Please forgive me my very poor english, i pick it up around Africa, mainly Nigeria and South Africa but i never learn it in school.

I will post some question on the proper section Hopefully

Ciao once more Renato

• Like 1

Ciao ragazzi, sono Antonio di Chieti. Ho 40 anni e sono un tecnico informatico su piattafomra Windows.

La mia curiosità di provare ad usare un Mac mi ha portato a voi ma sono un novello in materia. Spero col vostro aiuto di riuscire a far girare un Mac Os sul mio Pc.

Grazie in anticipo per tutto quello che fate, vi auguro un buon lavoro.

Hi, I'm Steve from New Zealand.

Currently studying a Diploma in Digital Film.

Wanting to put OSx86 on my pc because tutor constantly referring to mac software ie. final cut pro, dvdsp, garage band etc.

Feel like I'm at disadvantage because I'm using PC with windows and have to make other software mainly adobe suite do the same stuff.

Mainly I would like to get GarageBand and try it out since one of my courses "music for film" relies heavily on it and I have tried other win based software but it's just not the same.

If anyone needs help with adobe (premiere pro & photoshop) trouble shooting on PC let me know, I'll try and help, I've certainly had my fair share of issues with this software.

Cheers

Steve

Hello all. Im looking forward to becoming a member and contributor to this site. I own an Imac with overheating issues and I am looking for an alternative to selling the rest of my soul to apple. Not sure if i'm ready to build my own computer but i'm a sponge ready to absorb as much as I can. Site looks great from what I've seen so far.

HI all,

B.L.E.A.K here.

I have previously installed a very much working OS X Leopard on my PC. I loved every bit of it then. Moving ahead, I am now excited about installing OS X Mountain Lion/Lion on my PC. This time however, I am ready to dedicate not 1 but 3 partitions of my HDD unlike last time.

So, big hello to all the mods and admins. Promise to stick to the rules and not going to be trouble here.

Regards.

Hi, my name is Xavi and I am from Spain. I tought to change windows for MAC OS many years ago but finally I'll do it last month. Hackintosh is a very good option to people who can't spend many money in an original mac machine. Now, I am trying to learn as much as possible.

• Like 1

Hi, my name is Xavi and I am from Spain. I tought to change windows for MAC OS many years ago but finally I'll do it last month. Hackintosh is a very good option to people who can't spend many money in an original mac machine. Now, I am trying to learn as much as possible.

I absolutely agree Xavi. Welcome. I have previously installed OS X Leopard on my PC. and believe me, had super fun.... :) Now planning to install OS X Lion/Mountain Lion.

HI!

My real name is Giovanni and I'm a 16 y.o. guy from Italy!

I've already successfully installed Snow Leopard on my lappy (Acer 5920G), but now I'm looking forward to install Mountain Lion 'cause I need at least Lion to use the last version of xCode (yeah, I'm a noob iOS dev who doesn't want to buy an original mac only to develop some simple free software on iOS).

I'm having some trouble with Mountain Lion, so I hope to find some help here!

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm Isabelle from Belgium and I'm trying to make my Medion Akoya P7330D computer run OS X Snow Leopard properly in order to experience Mac OS X before I switch to a real Mac or a more compatible self-built "Hackintosh" in the future...

At this moment, my computer is running and booting Snow Leopard 10.6.8 in 64bit with proper graphics, but no sound and no wifi yet...

greetings...

Hello!

I am a LONG time Mac user (since 1984), and I currently own 4 Macs. One is a PowerMac G4 Cube that is currently non-functional. My Powermac G5 that is being used as a HTPC has a failed HDD, other problems, and is just too old to keep current with software (especially Flash!). I have given up on waiting for Apple to build a sensible, headless, midrange Mac, but there is a glimmer of renewed hope now that Steve Jobs is out of the picture. I thought about another Mac Mini (I own 2), but there are just to many external peripherals required. The only other options is a Mac Pro, but I feel it is too big (as big as my G5!) and way too expensive. Therefore I decided to try build one for myself from PC parts and then try to get it to work.

My build will be a HTPC with an Intel i7 2600 and an nVIdia GTX 550 ti. I want it to work with EyeTV, iTunes, Decibel (a better music player), and of course internet sources like Hulu and YouTube. I would also like to get it to play Blu-Rays and DVDs for a full home theater all-in-one.

This is my first complete build, so wish me luck!

Oops! I actually own 5 Macs. I forgot about the Quadra 660AV sitting in storage.

• Like 1