Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,244 posts in this topic

Hi all.

I am just about to build my first hackintosh for video editing (FCP 7 and CS5). I've built Linux machines before but am relatively new to the quirks of re-purposing OSX.

I'm from the UK. I welcome any tips about quad macpro-a likes, especially Nvidia card recommends. I've been reading lots at tonymac, and the hackintosh guide at nofilmschool.com.

Cheers

loothi

Hi

Computing is my hobby. I work in the arts sector, it's a bit boring really.... but I'm supposed to be going to a refugee camp on the Thai/Burma border this year to teach the kids there how to compute.

It'd be nice to be able to show them 3 major operating systems on one computer, so I'm aiming to make a multi-boot OSX/DSL/W7.

Just have one question before I do some hardware acquisition....

Thanks to the forum's sys-op for setting this all up... seems like a really well designed forum.

Bests

_-(p0q)-_

post-944903-0-74296700-1325767696_thumb.jpg

Hello mates,

My name is Ricardo, i am from Oporto (Portugal). I am not new in hackintosh since i am using for around a year, but i am noob with technical terms.

I already knew insanelymac for a long time, but only decided now to register and start using more. Hope i can learn a lot with your help and knowledge.

Cheers.

Whats up everyone? My name is Mike and I have been a mac user for the passed 5 years and have been really interested in trying to build my own X86 machine ever since I have heard about it on the internet. I have one that I use for my video editing and audio recording that a friend built, but I would like to do the next myself.

I also have several Powermacs that I am holding on to because I like to collect them (G3, G4, and the Quicksilver) I plan on purchasing some of the older style Imacs and a G5 tower as well to add to my collection.

Hi Guy,

Just joined this post today so hello to all !!!!!!!!!!! :angel_not:

I have been trying to build my Hackintosh for a while now with very little success :wallbash: so came here for help :wink2: .

Any help would be much appriciated and thank you all in advance.

Nice to meet you all.

Jcyshin

Hi everyone. Long time PC builder and was a computer consultant and UNIX sys admin years ago. Have played with and installed lots of different OSes, some for fun, and some for work. Use PCs at home and Mac at work, so I figured I should try and install Mac OS on a PC and found this great site which helped me a lot.

Already installed Mac OS Snow Leopard on an AMD PC I had built a while back, and got every component fully working and operational. So far, so good. Thanks for all you who have written the great guides and continue to provide valuable information. I am really glad I found this site! :)

Hello guys my name is Bill an i am Greek...i like to build computers and to install operating systems on them. I got 2 desktops (intel & AMD) , asn old toshiba sa50-543 laptop and an acer aspire one. i used to use linux along with WindoZe (pffff* :-) but osx86 is more like magic to me!

Keep up the good work