Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,226 posts in this topic

• Hi Everyone, My name is Jim, I'm new to this forum. I used to use MacBook Pro a1260 for almost 4 years to do some Voice Over in my home studio,but now it does sit in my bottom drawer (dead logic board). I'm disapointed in apple. I find verry interesting to pick some bits and pieces and to assembly my wonder Hac... for VO, i Want to run Pro Tools with my RME Fireface800

Welcome Jim. Have you looked into replacing logic board? Here's a used one for $259.00 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-Macbook-Pro-A1260-Genuine-820-2249-A-C2D-T8300-2-4GHz-Logic-Board-2008-/370623824947?pt=Motherboards&hash=item564ae6c433#ht_4650wt_986 if that's not something you want to do, you could at least repurpose your wifi card from it to have native wifi on whatever you build. Welcome and Good Luck!

Hello every body. I am new to this forum & I am from India. I love photography, so for post processing need photo editing software. So trying to install Mac OS in my present Intel base desktop, as Mac OS is much stable than Windows.

Thanking you,

Dnld.

i'm tom, and i'm here to see if i can get the piece of plastic with a cable sticking out of it that you can plug in to an electrical socket (known to some as a compaq 6720s laptop ) to run osx. i'll then be able to annoy the hell out of my neighbour who owns an actual mac laptop. first, i need to put a new cpu in the plastic thing, and that's not going so well. i think i've bust the fan to motherboard connector.

post-1032270-0-79218600-1340817555_thumb.jpg

I'm here to introduce my self. My name is Marta and I'm from Portugal.

I recently sold my 8 Core Mac Pro and I'll attemp to build my first hackintosh.

I'm reading carefully all the info and tips here on OSx86.

I hope I can count with your support. ;)

Cheers,

Marta

• Like 1

Hi I'm Nico

I've been a member for a short time and really using the forum to help me search and get information on my latest OSX project. I (in the past) have messed about with an OSX86 project on an old hp desktop and managed to get Leopard installed which in turn got me addicted to the world of Macs and video editing etc... as a result an upgrade was required so I've recently completed (still needs some tidying of cables!) a build of an HP XW4600 into a Power Mac G5 Case running Lion perfectly (only in 32bit with the Nvidia graphics card for now) all thanks to information I found here (didnt even need to post to get help! - search is my friend :-) ). Next project is converting a dual quad core processor HP XW6400 with 24gb of ram into a G5 case (not an easy task as the internals are huge!!) PC and Mac G5 case on the way!

Anyway just wanted to say hi and hopefully I'll be active on the forum when I get the time!

Cheers

Hey all. My name is Eric, and I'm from near Chicago. I'm a long time Limux and a fairly competent Mac user (using it professionally for software consulting for a 4+ years), but relatively new to the Hackintosh world.

I've put together one Snow Leopard Hackintosh which has been running for a couple years now and am putting together a Lion Hackintosh for a friend now. For the Lion Hackintosh, we've got it booting consistently from the install drive (huzzah!), but I am trouble getting some of the last few details working. Hopefully this forum: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showforum=155 is the right place to post a question about RAID card compatibility!

And after I get my friend's computer working, I'll be moving on to upgrading my home computer to a awesome Core i7 Hackintosh!

Heya, looking forward to trying to install the mac os on my machines. Would love to just purchase an Imac but haven't the funds. I've enjoed tweeking windows machines in the past, have dabbled with ubuntu but want something that just works properly once the hard work has been done & I'm looking forward to seeing if the mac os is the thing that will deliver? I've been given a vaio VGN-FW11E which is the most up-to-date machine I have that will be my test subject..........evil laugh...hah hah hah!

Would love to just purchase an Imac but haven't the funds.

And even if you had the money, it would be a very poor investment. The iMac hasn't been updated in 432 days, almost twice the average.

Welcome everybody :)

Hey guys. My name is Alexei, i'm 18 and i'm from Moscow. I'm interested in WEB Development, especially for IP.Board forums. I like also driving and art.

Last time i was seriously think about purchase of MacBook Air, first of all i decided to try MacOS live and chose fot that your forums ang guides from OSx86, thanks :)

• Like 1

Hi im Ch0t, my real name is Juan and im from Argentina. I live in Buenos Aires, in the perimetral zones of the city also called West Zone. Its a residential zone a bit more quiet than the city.

Im not a pro in MacOS (think im a noob yet) but i know a lot of Windows and Power PC systems. In my first problem here in the forum i tryed to install OSX Lion 10.7.2 in a intel based custom pc and i find the cause thanks to eep356 and others that i cant remember right now. It was the Wifi xD and i was busy trying to solve something with the main bus, power drivers, C states, and they wasnt the source xD

So, im noob yet.

Thanks for your big help! Lets rock that hackintosh!

_________

Hola, me conocen como Ch0t pero mi nombre real es Juan. Soy de Argentina, Buenos Aires Zona Oeste.

No soy pro en MacOS pero si conozco bien sobre Windows desde sus origenes y equipos PowerPC. El primer problema que tuve en este foro fue para tratar de solucionar el hecho de que no podia activar todos mis nucleos sin que haya un kernel panic. Al final, resultó ser que no era ni el micro ni la memoria ni los Cstates ni nada parecido, sino una placa wifi de tplink que uso en windows.

Asi que... soy un principiante todavia.

Gracias por la ayuda! Aguante Mac!

Hello InsanelyMac members!

As you can see I am new here and I am looking for help as well with my system.

Been trying to get OS X on it for a while, but no success so I turned here.

I hope you accept me as I am and help me out. I want to learn, learn, learn! :)