Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,226 posts in this topic

Hi I'm f1nt1nt1n, ive been using macs since art school in the early 90's and I use them for design and photographic/film work i guess you could call me an enthusiast (my nearest and dearest think i'm obsessed) ive only collected; a bondi blue crt imac,a slot loading version too,a flat panel (angle poise)g3 1ghz, a g4 cube, with 17"studio monitor, a powermac g5 dual core. acore 2 duo mbp late 08,mid '10 21" imac c.2.d, and finally amid '11 imac 21" i5 quod 2.5 ghz.sorry that was boring,anyway ive taken the plunge and started a full bespoke hackingtosh on my G5,on a budget, im planning to put a nearly new gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R MBOARD, AND AN INTEL CORE I7 920SLBEJ 2.66GHZ CPU, OCZ STEALTH XSTREAM PSU, ANDOCZ PLATINUM DDR3 PC3-10666 1333MHZ DUAL CHANNEL RAM KIT. MY GPU ITHINK WILL DO FOR NOW BUT WILL BE UPGRADED; SAPHIRE AMD RADEON HD 6570 2GB.

IM AT THE STRIPPING OUT STAGE AND ALL THE G5 INNERDS I WILL BE PUTTING UP FOR SALE I'M IN THE UK SO IF ANYONE'S INTERESTED PM ME, MAN I JUST SAW HOW MUCH I WROTE SORRY PEOPLE. ONE MORE THING I'M A BIT OF A NEWB SO ANY ADVICE ON MY BUILD WOULD BE WELL APPRECIATED PIECEOUT.

Hey everyone, my name is Brady. I am a DJ/Producer. I have very limited knowledge when it comes to coding. I would say I have an extensive knowledge with PCs but know nothing of macs. I am very curious and anxious to learn. I am planning to install my first OS X system on a laptop that I would like ot use for DJing and producing on the go, I had win 7 on it but wiped it completely to learn how to install mac osx, eventually I will add another HD and run a dual boot. The laptop is a HP DV-7 1285dx. I also own a Macbook Pro and two desktops, a I5 machine and a AMD Phenom 6 core machine, both running win 7.

System specs for the HP laptop are: 2.40 GHz Intel Centrino Core2 Duo Processor P8600, 6 GB DDR2 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, 500GB Seagate HD (5400RPM), 17.0” Diagonal WXGA+ High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1440 x 900), Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN, Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN.

I have installed OSX Universal 3.6 successfully but I am at loss when it comes coding efi strings, installing kexts, and patching DSDT? I have tinkered with it some and got some of the devices working but I realy have no clue what I am doing.

Please be patient with me as I might need very detailed and meticulous instruction. I will try my best to find answers to questions already asked, just don't kill me if I do ask a question already answered, just direct me to the right thread.

Hey there, i am new to this world of installing os x on pc, but i have already read a lot of tutorial and i'm "starting" to understand it a little bit.

I simply need help to understand it more and so, i wish that someday its going to be my turn to return the favor and help people about it too.

:happymac::gathering::euro::gun: :censored2:

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm a french Guy looking for informations about apple products and a cool board :)

Moreover, I will work on personal project focused on (µ?)ATX motherboard integration on a Power Mac G5 Case.

So thanks to Administrators and contributor's community because you've made a precious mine of information :D

See ya!

Hi, Im new here, and I looked around a little bit before I decided to become a member. Everyone seems pretty down to earth, and that's the main thing I look for when I look for innovators alike To me, stereotype is hacker or modder, which is usually seen as bad. I see only people who show the genius behind programming, and the innovative possibilities that are only as limited as the latest software they create. I've been a Mac user all my life, until I was forced to "downgrade", due to financial issues. Finding this place was a tech miracle. I hope to get acquainted with everyone soon. :D

Hi guys,

let me introduce me ....

Coming from Germany an i`m around 40.

My first Apple i got with 14 (Apple 2e) and hen my whole life i was marriaged with Apple ....

At the moment i have a I7 with Gigabyte Board and GFX 285 to make Audio and Video Stuff.

Had a Soundstudio for 15 years, also i work in Computer Service/Support for OSX and Win.

Greetings from Germany

cero

Hi !

I realize that I have been roaming this forum some years now and that I never introduced myself!

So, I am a computer addict, with no hard/soft education ( I am a lawyer...).

But I am very interested with computer stuff in general and MacOS. I really like this sytem and I own a Macbook laptop.

I have a Dell XPS 720 that I am trying to convert in a hackintosh. So far, I just succeeded in installing SL 10.6 but I still have a lot of troubleshootings to fix...