Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,226 posts in this topic

Bonjour everybody.

My first and only experience with hacking Intel computers is putting OS 10.6 (now up to 10.6.4) on the Dell Mini 10v. I used Mecklort's NetBook Boot Loader/Installer 0.8.4 and MechDrew's blog for the how-to. I have been trying to hack the SnowLeopard OS onto a USB stick ever since (mostly as a bootable backup).

I happened onto this forum as per recommendations on the MyDellMini forum, where they treat you all as the Gods Of Mac Hackintoshing. From what I've read so far, that seems to be the truth. I've noticed that the HowTo posts here assume that the interested user has extensive knowledge of x86 apps as well as experience using command line operations, both on the Terminal and the Console.

Accordingly, I'm going to look around for intro posts to these topics before pestering you all with the typical Newbie questions.

Thank Youse

s99p

Hello from New England, USA.

I'm about to embark on my first hackintosh effort, although I've used mac in one capacity or another since the eighties. I plan on using the new IB i5 with a z77 mobo. I understand I have my work cut out for me with new stuff, but it should be a fun challenge!!

Hello all....great place here! I started running Snow Leo about a week ago on my machine(Intel DQ35JO mobo)then gave Lion a try and really dig it.This place is very helpful and I appreciate it!

Peace

Hello,

My name is Jeff, allround Mac and MS Win user, I just finished my project Lion 10.7.3 on a Acer Aspire S3 (I7, 4Gb, 240 SSD) dual boot with Win7 64x, works awesome..

So I hope to learn some more things here on this forum and where possible help others with my knowledge..

cheers,

Hello.

I love this that forum requires you to pass a basic computer skills test. :thumbsup_anim:

My name is Mike, I was a genius in one of the retail stores for a while, look forward to hanging out with you guys

Hi everyone, I have finally passed both of the tests on here :-). I have joined as I am really interested in becoming a valued member in this forum community. I am currently installing a retail snow lepoard on my AMD PC. I am going to try and help people if I can but I am still a newbie at all of this. This is a great site by the way.

My name is Todd. I am a musician. I have had a couple of PC's over the years and I have always had problems running Pro Tools. I would love to have a Mac desktop because Pro Tools runs better on a Mac then a PC. Only problem is I can't afford a Mac so I decided to build my own PC carefully choosing parts and hardware that would be most compatible with Pro Tools. Then I discovered the Hackintosh and it would seem to be the best of both worlds; a self build PC with a Mac OS. So thats why I joined the board to do just that. First step; find the best parts that are not only compatible with the Hackintosh hack but are also compatible with Pro Tools. Anyone?

Todd Homchick

Hey guys,

I'm Flenix. Here as having various issues with various macs, and it looks like a nice community!

Always thought I knew an alright amount about computers... until I took the "easy" quiz to get in. Finally finished the first one!