Death of a President

Mebster

99 posts in this topic

Death of a President

A British television channel has been criticised as "irresponsible" for making a drama in which US President George Bush is assassinated

Death of a President, on More4, uses actors and computer effects to portray the president being shot dead during an anti-war rally in Chicago in 2007.

But John Beyer, of TV watchdog MediaWatch, said it was irresponsible.

He said it could even trigger a real assassination attempt and told the Daily Mirror: "There's a lot of feeling against President Bush and this may well put ideas into people's heads."

Spokesman Gretchen Essell said: "I cannot support a video that would dramatise the assassination of our president, real or imagined."

She added: "I find this shocking, I find it disturbing. I don't know if there are many people in America who would want to watch something like that. (is this true?)

Death of a President will be shown on More4 on 9 October.

:D Only the Brits. I love em. I love it.

Can't wait to watch it when it comes out. And you know you'll all want to watch it too, just to see how he gets poped.

I hope someone takes notes.

:gun: -> :angel: -> :pirate2: -> :dev:

I have to agree with Mash on this one. From every perspective, and especially a religious one, assassination is completely off the cards. The man should simply be brought to justice before a judge.

read this a few ours ago. i'd have to agree. He shouldn't die for any reason. Just being considered the top 3 worst president that ever was is enough. Knowing that you sucked as a president for the rest of you life is enough punishment.

Just please someone seed this if you get hold of it. Or at least let us know if/when it's in the torrents.

You know, that reminds me how of much people rag on Bush when it's really a problem with a large part of the government. Since when does it take just a president to {censored} it all up? On that note, we spend a lot of time bitching about the little things these days, while we're not any worse off than we've been before. Personally I think we're far futher from ending the entire world than we were in the 60s, thus, things could be a whole hell of a lot worse, contrary to popular belief.

Mash, as a result of him thousands of people have been killed (American soldieries included), he had displaced millions and destabilised entire regions. People are more fearful of the areas he has sent his troops in now than ever. The world was always a dangerous place but is even more so as a result of his actions. The west in particular has never been hated more ever than it is now. Largely due to their policies in the Middle East.

I'm sure the people who are now living in fear in Iraq would want his head on a platter. And so would I. He is a modern day Hitler. But at least Hitler was good at invading. Bush and his team are rubbish. The US army isn't what it used to be.

Wishing someone dead does seem like a horrible thing to wish and I would agree with you almost always but not in this occasion. He's a mass murderer and deserves to die in a similar tortures way his victims have. And his just a delusional as Saddam Hussain as he thinks he’s doing Gods work. And so and should face the same end as Saddam.

suleiman and Technobob although that would probably be more of an ideal situation it's just simply a dream. He does what he wants and doesn't take too much care in the opinions of judges, the UN or the international community in general.... ohh yeah and his people either. He will never be brought to justice in anyway. He might be the dumbest man ever to walk on the face of the earth but his aids aren't. And for this reason no judge it seems can touch him. If it's a US judge then it'll seem unpatriotic (which is a big deal to Americans) and if it a international judge then ... he simple doesn't give a monkies.

And so we come back to assassination (SAW style :) )

Btw suleiman for someone as sick as him I think it would be justified religiously and ethically.

(CAN I STILL ADD A POLL HERE?

Is somone able to add these?

QUESTION 1 - who would want him assassinated?

QUESTION 2 - who would watch the program?)

That's really a horrible thing to say - I can't believe you'd wish death on him. Sure, you can disagree with him. But ask for him to get killed? That's wrong.

I do have to say that I don't wish death to him, but rather execution for war crimes, treason, and crimes against humanity.

Thomas Jefferson shot a man on the lawn of the white house for treason.

Mash, as a result of him thousands of people have been killed (American soldieries included), he had displaced millions and destabilised entire regions. People are more fearful of the areas he has sent his troops in now than ever. The world was always a dangerous place but is even more so as a result of his actions. The west in particular has never been hated more ever than it is now. Largely due to their policies in the Middle East.

Displaced millions? I don't think so. People more fearful? Sure, some are, primarily the ones that once held power in that region. Why don't you ask those who were killed and tortured under the Hussein regime? I'm sure they'd have an opinion in this. The region isn't just destabilized because of the war in Iraq, you can't say that. The region was already destabilized as it is, to say that it was caused by the US is just rediculous.

The Middle East hates the west for many more reasons than Bush foreign policy. The primary reason the policies are having affect is because of the fact that they are a hell of a lot more serious, and carry meaning, which is more than can be said for Clinton's policies. At least Bush enforces his policies, whilst Clinton allows all parties to sign and then ignore the treaties. The Middle East feels threatened just because now, the US isn't just sitting back and waiting, we're taking an agressive stance.

I'm sure the people who are now living in fear in Iraq would want his head on a platter. And so would I. He is a modern day Hitler. But at least Hitler was good at invading. Bush and his team are rubbish. The US army isn't what it used to be.

I'm sorry, but that statement alone reduced the intelligence of your post two-fold. Comparing Bush to Hitler is just an insane liberal accusation played out by the media. It's rediculous! And yeah, the people living in fear in Iraq dislike Bush, mainly because those living in the most fear are terrorists themselves. When you're getting hunted, and the hunter isn't stopping, you're a little afraid. I'll admit that his cabinet is {censored}, but he's no Hitler. The US Army is just as good as it's used to be, unfortunately, the US Media protraying them on a day by day basis isn't. There are successes in Iraq, you just don't hear nor see any part of them.

Wishing someone dead does seem like a horrible thing to wish and I would agree with you almost always but not in this occasion. He's a mass murderer and deserves to die in a similar tortures way his victims have. And his just a delusional as Saddam Hussain as he thinks he’s doing Gods work. And so and should face the same end as Saddam.

Sorry again, but your intelligence seriously just dropped. Bush is no mass murderer, and he is not delusional. You're making stupid accusations based on nothing. Yes, Bush invaded a country. Yes, there were casualties in that invasion, but does that cause someone to be a Mass Murderer? Of course not. Otherwise FDR would be a mass murderer, as would George Washington. Bush made a decision, based on what was at the time, plausible intelligence information. And where the hell does he say that he's doing God's work? Sure, he's a Christian, but he's not some holy crusader. Don't make stupid stereotypical generalizations like that.

suleiman and Technobob although that would probably be more of an ideal situation it's just simply a dream. He does what he wants and doesn't take too much care in the opinions of judges, the UN or the international community in general.... ohh yeah and his people either. He will never be brought to justice in anyway. He might be the dumbest man ever to walk on the face of the earth but his aids aren't. And for this reason no judge it seems can touch him. If it's a US judge then it'll seem unpatriotic (which is a big deal to Americans) and if it a international judge then ... he simple doesn't give a monkies.

You're right, he doesn't care for the opinion of judges, the UN, or the Internation Community because they're just opinions. The UN and the International Community is simply a load of {censored} anyway, virtually everybody ignores them. Have you ever noticed how the sanctions they submit never get obeyed? And you still wonder why the US simply doesn't want to deal with them. They're just another way to waste time by submiting a resolution, see it get "debated" in a "fair and objectionable" way, and then once it is assigned, it is ignored by the country. The UN is the most pointless organization on the earth.

Oh, and I'm sorry if we don't agree with the International Community, and conform to what they want the US to be. I'm happy that we don't simply become another nation, trying to agree in every aspect to other nations from around the world. The second we just become another nation is the second our progress stops. We're supposed to try to lead the world, and we can't do that by following everybody else.

Oh, and as for the judges, half of them just want to get recognized by big-shot democrats for ruling a Bush order unconstitutional, and the other half have no idea what they're doing. I agree that some of what Bush is doing is wrong, but to say that he's horrible, should be assasinated and tortured for war crimes, and paraded throughout the streets is a rediculous and extremist notion.

It's disgusting that some people want to wish others dead. It's irresponsible, and only tells us there are major short-comings from that kind of rhetoric.

Violence in any way will only beget more violence.

I agree completely, but answer me this, are you for capital punishment? Im not, but many people tell me they are against killing of any kind, and then turn around and sentence a man to death, it just makes me laugh really...

I agree completely, but answer me this, are you for capital punishment? Im not, but many people tell me they are against killing of any kind, and then turn around and sentence a man to death, it just makes me laugh really...

HAHAH you beat me to it. Many US states have capital punishment reserved for the sick minded and many US citisens of those states are proud of having them. Bush i think is sick minded and so a capital punishment sentence is in order. either from a court (US or international) or anyone who may feel the urge. I think people shoud pay for their crimes and the head of a state should not be immune.

It's NOT "disgusting that some people want to wish others dead". This is Bush we're talking about. Not Gandi. Open your eyes and stop being little girl. Terrible things are happening because of him and he should pay for his actions and so i wish him dead. Just like people wish murders and rapest dead. His death would give the world some rest.... untill the US elects it's next tirant.

And wildcat69410, you've lost the plot.

Terrible things are happening because of him and he should pay for his actions and so i wish him dead.

Agreed. He is a war criminal, and is responsible for many deaths. He should be punished.

Spock once said "You humans find it easier to understand the death of one, than the death of many." I think this is true. You cry when your loved ones die, but when we see thousands dead on the news... we can't weap as we did as if one close to us died. It reminds me of what Marilyn Manson said. "The death of one is a tragedy, but the death of a million is just a statistic." I can't morn for everyone, much less are we capable of feeling that kind of pain. But they should not go without being remembered. I believe our mind is set to protect us from feeling that kind of pain, so we block it out.

But all the same, the crime of thousands of deaths should be held higher than the crime of the death of one. So the punishment should be equal to the crime. I would be all for a public execution. A reminder, to America, and the rest of the world, that mass murder is WRONG... no matter who does it. Wether you are a president of the most powerful country in the world, or a 3rd world country that harbors drug lords. ALL men are created equal, and all men must be punished equal. We come into this life with nothing, and die with nothing.

Displaced millions? I don't think so. People more fearful? Sure, some are, primarily the ones that once held power in that region.

Everyone lost something or someone... There is constant fighting in most of Iraq... I think everyone is scared of something. Bush's war displaced many people... I doubt millions but homes in every city have benen distroyed. People are living in tents out side of their once home city.

I'm sorry, but that statement alone reduced the intelligence of your post two-fold. Comparing Bush to Hitler is just an insane liberal accusation played out by the media. It's rediculous! And yeah, the people living in fear in Iraq dislike Bush, mainly because those living in the most fear are terrorists themselves.

Hittler and Bush pushed for laws that took away civil liberities after a terrorist attack. (That fact is completely true.)

I'll agree (along with basiclly everyone else here) that bush is no where close to how horrid Hittler was, but he does share similarities. So do many other world leaders... Does that make them bad? They are not commiting genocide... they are just using the same tactics as Hittler.

Yes, Bush invaded a country. Yes, there were casualties in that invasion, but does that cause someone to be a Mass Murderer? Of course not. Otherwise FDR would be a mass murderer, as would George Washington. Bush made a decision, based on what was at the time, plausible intelligence information.

What country did George Washington invade? He was part of a revolution, but he was in that country at first... so he invaded nothing(I know that is kinda streaching things, but I needed to point this out.). FDR only went to war after a nation attacked us... and another declared war on us, Truman is infact a mass murder tho.

And where the hell does he say that he's doing God's work? Sure, he's a Christian, but he's not some holy crusader. Don't make stupid stereotypical generalizations like that.

He said that it is god's will when talking about invading Iraq. I think that would make this war atleast slightly based on religion.

as I'm sure you guys can see I don't agree with alot of Bush's {censored} political beliefs, but I don't wish him dead. I don't see the gain from killing him... Let's just do what we can to take the power from him... He won't win another big election. His political career is trashed.

I don't think bush has any real power - he is simply the public face to decisions made by people we never see on TV. If you have ever seen the film American Dreamz (very funny film) then thats how I see Bush - in fact, how i see most democratically elected leaders.

I doubt they have even a small understanding of the reprocussions of decisions notionally reserved for their approval - so someone that has a clue makes them for them and convinces them that thy're the right decisions. Those people don't get elected and will never be accountable. We will never know who they are or what their agendas were. The democratic process is nothing more than an illusion of control for the masses.

Everyone here seems to be forgetting that there is more than one person running the government. Bush can take the blame for some things that are going wrong (like starting the attack on Iraq), but don't forget that Congress is the one that must give permission for our troops to stay in Iraq). Congress has been approving the time and money that we are spending on Iraq.

Any laws that were passed that took away liberties HAD TO GO THROUGH CONGRESS. That means that the many representatives and senators that we did (or didn't) vote for decided that these laws were ok.

Now, the wiretapping that was done by the NSA, I don't agree with. I can see where it was coming from, and if it DID prevent any attacks on our country, then good. I think that doing it without permission was completely unconstitutional, they needed to have a warrant from a judge.

I would never wish for a President to be assassinated, I find that to be VERY UNPATRIOTIC. Besides, do you want to have Cheney in charge? :laser:

I understand Bush Isn't completely at fault, but he is such an easy target to make fun of.

When one becomes president... they really should expect to be blamed for anything that goes wrong.

If I was to get hit by a car... or struck by lighting... It would totally be blamed on the current President... That's just life.

Everyone here seems to be forgetting that there is more than one person running the government. Bush can take the blame for some things that are going wrong (like starting the attack on Iraq), but don't forget that Congress is the one that must give permission for our troops to stay in Iraq). Congress has been approving the time and money that we are spending on Iraq.

Any laws that were passed that took away liberties HAD TO GO THROUGH CONGRESS. That means that the many representatives and senators that we did (or didn't) vote for decided that these laws were ok.

Now, the wiretapping that was done by the NSA, I don't agree with. I can see where it was coming from, and if it DID prevent any attacks on our country, then good. I think that doing it without permission was completely unconstitutional, they needed to have a warrant from a judge.

I would never wish for a President to be assassinated, I find that to be VERY UNPATRIOTIC. Besides, do you want to have Cheney in charge? :)

That's almost what I said, so I agree.

Displaced millions? I don't think so. People more fearful? Sure, some are, primarily the ones that once held power in that region. Why don't you ask those who were killed and tortured under the Hussein regime? I'm sure they'd have an opinion in this. The region isn't just destabilized because of the war in Iraq, you can't say that. The region was already destabilized as it is, to say that it was caused by the US is just rediculous.
Are you getting your news from the cartoon network? Does Mahmoud Ahmadinejad look like he gives a :) every time Bush threatens him and his nation? Did Saddam Hussein look scared when he was about to be invaded? They just get more defiant. People are now fearful to send their children to school because of all the bombing (some occurring in schools or near schools). Markets and other public places are targeted by suicide bombers. I'm not saying the people of Iraq had nothing to fear when Saddam was there but it's gone from bad to so much worse.

The Middle East hates the west for many more reasons than Bush foreign policy.
You're right, but the foreign policy is the main excuse you're giving for people to hate America.

I'm sorry, but that statement alone reduced the intelligence of your post two-fold. Comparing Bush to Hitler is just an insane liberal accusation played out by the media. It's rediculous!
Hitler invaded country after country and so does bush. Hitler’s consequence was great and so is Bushs, although I agree that it's at a lesser degree. Bush is the lesser evil of the two but really no better.

And yeah, the people living in fear in Iraq dislike Bush, mainly because those living in the most fear are terrorists themselves. When you're getting hunted, and the hunter isn't stopping, you're a little afraid.
HAHAHHAHAHAH. You're so in koo-koo land I don't really know what to say. Do you not ever see the men and women on the streets crying because their loved one had been killed by a suicide bomber shouting and screaming that things were never this bad during Saddam’s times... even though it was pretty {censored} then. I see a lot of fear in their eyes.

There are successes in Iraq, you just don't hear nor see any part of them.
You're so full of {censored} I can almost smell it from here. EVERYTHING in Iraq is a disaster because the country is at a stage or civil war. The main hope anyone had was that it was believed if a government was established it would slow down the blood-shed. IT HASN'T. And there really isn't much more you can do.

And where the hell does he say that he's doing God's work? Sure, he's a Christian, but he's not some holy crusader. Don't make stupid stereotypical generalizations like that.
He's said it many times. He thinks he's doing Gods work or will (as SenVa explained). This was such an obvious thing that should be know I’m now wondering if there is any point in arguing with someone who didn't even know that. Because sorry , "but your intelligence seriously just dropped" all the way.

You're right, he doesn't care for the opinion of judges, the UN, or the Internation Community because they're just opinions. The UN and the International Community is simply a load of {censored} anyway, virtually everybody ignores them. Have you ever noticed how the sanctions they submit never get obeyed? And you still wonder why the US simply doesn't want to deal with them. They're just another way to waste time by submiting a resolution, see it get "debated" in a "fair and objectionable" way, and then once it is assigned, it is ignored by the country. The UN is the most pointless organization on the earth.

Oh, and I'm sorry if we don't agree with the International Community, and conform to what they want the US to be. I'm happy that we don't simply become another nation, trying to agree in every aspect to other nations from around the world. The second we just become another nation is the second our progress stops. We're supposed to try to lead the world, and we can't do that by following everybody else.

Oh, and as for the judges, half of them just want to get recognized by big-shot democrats for ruling a Bush order unconstitutional, and the other half have no idea what they're doing. I agree that some of what Bush is doing is wrong, but to say that he's horrible, should be assasinated and tortured for war crimes, and paraded throughout the streets is a rediculous and extremist notion.

These comments don't deserve a proper answer for obvious reasons.