P8P67Pro and Non Pro Lion install usb for dummies..

^Andy^

654 posts in this topic

Sorry to get back to you so late, but I was having software problems. for some reason, it was saying that my 2 WD HDD were bad and couldn't repair. so, i am running Lion from my Vertex 3 SSD. I tried what you recommended but still I get a 169.xx.xxx.xx IP address, also the sound does not work. what else you recommend?????..

update:

I tried a different port on my router and I noticed that the link light is off (like if the port was shutdown, but is not). There must be something in the Lion that's not functioning....by the way, I dual boot, so I get network connection fine on my Windows 7

thanks for your help

Which motherboard are you using?

Asus P8P67 Pro

I7 2600K

G.Sklill 8Gb @ 1600Mhz

Vertex 3 SSD

Thats odd - I have the same board and audio and lan both work fine for me using 10.6.8, 10.7.0, 10.7.1 and 10.7.2 (yes I have some serious multiboot action going on with this system lol).

Thats odd - I have the same board and audio and lan both work fine for me using 10.6.8, 10.7.0, 10.7.1 and 10.7.2 (yes I have some serious multiboot action going on with this system lol).

hahah...I see. I updated to 10.7.1 but it didn't resolved the issue. I can probably figure out why the NIC isn't working but the sound?? doesn't make sense.

Is there a way you can provide me with the Lan and Audio drivers only?? I know they are in the andyboot package, but if you can give me that just by itself, that would be great!!!!

Thank You!!!

hahah...I see. I updated to 10.7.1 but it didn't resolved the issue. I can probably figure out why the NIC isn't working but the sound?? doesn't make sense.

Is there a way you can provide me with the Lan and Audio drivers only?? I know they are in the andyboot package, but if you can give me that just by itself, that would be great!!!!

Thank You!!!

Audio I've posted about before - updates will break it but I've found this works pretty much every time to fix it..

Secondly - Audio (and this one is odd). To get your sound working again copy the ALC892HDA51B.kext, HDAEnabler892.kext and AppleHDA.kext to your desktop from the System\Library\Extensions folder BEFORE installing the update. After the update and a reboot delete the same files from System\Library\Extensions and delete the System\Library\Caches\com.apple.kext.caches\Startup\Extensions.mkext and kernelcache files. Once thats done use kext utility and in this order reinstall the kexts that you copied to your desktop..

1) ALC892HDA51B.kext

2) HDAEnabler892.kext

3) AppleHDA.kext

Reboot and you should be good to go!

Thats just an old version of kext utility, google the latest version

Hey Andy...After 2 days I finnaly got this to work. the installer kept failing on my SSD/SATA 6Gbs port, when I plugged it to a different SATA 3Gbs port, it installed well :P . I ran the package after the install, rebooted, tested network connection and audio fine. Now I am cloning with CC Cloner. Should I run system updates? :)

Okay so, AC3 Passthru?! I am using my P8P67 for a Home Theater Build. The only App that will pass Dolby Digital to my receiver via optical out is XBMC, plex/vlc/blu-ray player/etc. apps all just do 2 channel stereo. Also, XBMC will only play a DD file once and then all sound on the system cuts out until I exit XBMC and re-open it. Does anyone have any ideas / kexts/ edits I can try to get this resolved? Is this an issue with OSX/Hackintosh or everyone else's apps but XBMC? Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. I am also running a P8Z68 Deluxe and may have to swap them or something if I can't resolve. We use the HTMAC heavily.

Hey Andy...After 2 days I finnaly got this to work. the installer kept failing on my SSD/SATA 6Gbs port, when I plugged it to a different SATA 3Gbs port, it installed well ;) . I ran the package after the install, rebooted, tested network connection and audio fine. Now I am cloning with CC Cloner. Should I run system updates? :(

ran software updates. Everything is working fine now. Thanks!!

Got my first hackintosh running: Asus P8P67 Evo with i5. Thanks for making this tutorial available. Wasn't as hard as I initially thought this would be due to your efforts.

Only one comment: I was not able to boot into the USB lion installer unless I let the machine with only 4GB of ram. With anything more, it didn't boot, neither did it give an error message. Found this information on some other tutorial (2 hours and a little grown gray hair later, hehe), so putting this little piece of information for the 'preparing' state might come in handy to other users as well.

A few details about my 'customizations' applied to the tutorial, to get things running smoothly on setup:

Video card - Asus GTS 250, 1GB (I had to manually adjust some boot.plist file with graphicsenabled=yes - instead of no).

Currently running on dual monitors - with the second being placed on the HDMI port.

All the other hardware was installed automatically using the PRO package.

I've tried to enable the Creative X-Fi PCI-E audio board, but was unsuccessful, as the voodoohda driver seems not to be working with Lion. Since that was unsuccessful, I enabled the onboard-audio and it worked properly.

After the install completed, I've put back the rest of the ram (Kingston) into the computer and all is good.

Thanks again!

Got my first hackintosh running: Asus P8P67 Evo with i5. Thanks for making this tutorial available. Wasn't as hard as I initially thought this would be due to your efforts.

Only one comment: I was not able to boot into the USB lion installer unless I let the machine with only 4GB of ram. With anything more, it didn't boot, neither did it give an error message. Found this information on some other tutorial (2 hours and a little grown gray hair later, hehe), so putting this little piece of information for the 'preparing' state might come in handy to other users as well.

Very odd - I've always booted it with 8gig ram installed. :rolleyes:

I had 12 GB. Didn't try it with 8 though.

Nonetheless, it was entirely the memory's fault, as no other modifications i had done to the usb stick or the technique other than removing the excess RAM to get it going.

Hey Andy, I have 3 HDD with Windows 7 / Linux 11.4 / Lion 10.7.1 and I am trying to modify the bootloader to be able to select them at startup. I can't do this right now, but maybe if you could guide me or point me to the right direction it would be of great help!!

Thanks in advance....

similar to this

Successfully used your guide/usb to get my p8h67-1-deluxe/i7-2600K/gtx 570 hd running in Lion. Out of curiosity, I have been trying to get HD3000 integrated graphics to work. Removed the 570 and get KPs (MCA error code 0x1136) on boot with the same working system. Tried a clean Lion install with your usb (I use the p8p67 package as it is similar to the p8h67i). I can get the new Lion to boot but only with the installation usb. When I install the p8p67 package, it KPs with the "Unable to find a driver for this platform: ACPI … in IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1504" on the next boot (I'm not using raid). -s, -x, -f don't work. One by the way, the Lion installation usb didn't start for me (blinking underscore cursor) so I installed Chameleon on the USB and it boots and installs Lion fine. Any ideas on getting a bootable HD3000 Lion install on my motherboard?

Successfully used your guide/usb to get my p8h67-1-deluxe/i7-2600K/gtx 570 hd running in Lion. Out of curiosity, I have been trying to get HD3000 integrated graphics to work. Removed the 570 and get KPs (MCA error code 0x1136) on boot with the same working system. Tried a clean Lion install with your usb (I use the p8p67 package as it is similar to the p8h67i). I can get the new Lion to boot but only with the installation usb. When I install the p8p67 package, it KPs with the "Unable to find a driver for this platform: ACPI … in IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1504" on the next boot (I'm not using raid). -s, -x, -f don't work. One by the way, the Lion installation usb didn't start for me (blinking underscore cursor) so I installed Chameleon on the USB and it boots and installs Lion fine. Any ideas on getting a bootable HD3000 Lion install on my motherboard?

Sorry no idea - I don't have any of the same hardware so really can't help you.

Hey Andy, I have 3 HDD with Windows 7 / Linux 11.4 / Lion 10.7.1 and I am trying to modify the bootloader to be able to select them at startup. I can't do this right now, but maybe if you could guide me or point me to the right direction it would be of great help!!

Thanks in advance....

similar to this

That should be very very simple - go into your bios, set the mac drive that has chameleon installed as the firt boot device and that should be it.

Multiple drive set ups are a doddle its multiple partitions on single drives that are a pain in the arse!

My current multi boot setup consists of 5 hdd's and 5 different os x partitions, 2 windows 7 installs, one ubuntu install and one windows xp mce 2005 install. Sounds like a nightmare but once you get a working chameleon bootloader install that will take care of being able to boot any os x partition it finds and the rest are done via the windows bootloader. When I boot it defaults to the windows 7 bootloader, I have an entry for lion which if I select it loads Chameleon which in turn allows me to select any os x partition I like.

That should be very very simple - go into your bios, set the mac drive that has chameleon installed as the firt boot device and that should be it.

Multiple drive set ups are a doddle its multiple partitions on single drives that are a pain in the arse!

My current multi boot setup consists of 5 hdd's and 5 different os x partitions, 2 windows 7 installs, one ubuntu install and one windows xp mce 2005 install. Sounds like a nightmare but once you get a working chameleon bootloader install that will take care of being able to boot any os x partition it finds and the rest are done via the windows bootloader. When I boot it defaults to the windows 7 bootloader, I have an entry for lion which if I select it loads Chameleon which in turn allows me to select any os x partition I like.

I have tried this but chameleon only detects the Mac partition and the Windows partition (not the linux) and when I select the windows partition I only get a blinking line with black background. The only way to boot the Windows partition is if I select Windows Boot Loader from the BIOS.

is there an order on the sata ports where you have this installed? or maybe the order in which you installed the OSs?

Thanks!

Indeed, your package works when the cockpit errors are eliminated. The usb boots fine when its built right. The MCA errors were caused by my "working" discrete graphics card dsdt. The newly edited dsdt has eliminated all kp's. As usual, a simple curiosity ended up taking a week to figure out. In my opinion, the P8P67 package works perfectly for the P8H67-I-Deluxe. Thanks again for a great Lion installation tool.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone upgraded to 10.7.2 yet?

Yes, I just did. Everything works except for audio. [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with ALC8xxHDA, HDA rollback and non-DSDT enabler not working (worked like a charm last time).

no luck :( after update ofcourse there is no support fo ati 6970, and no sound, but this is nothing to worry, solved in 5 minutes, but, systems up and running about 5-10 minutes, and KP "hold down the power button ........" dont know why, everything looks ok for first few minutes :)

Partially solved the problem. Now im running 10.7.2, with 6970 on it (netkas kexts) and finaly no KP's, looks fine now, stable. But just as Joe i found the problem in audio kexts, dont know exactly which one, but this is one of those from Andy's solution after 10.7.1 update, they just dont work. I mean ther's the sound in desktop, but start itunes or go to youtube - kab00m KP :) so, Andy? :D

After update Im stuck on grey screen with 6950 never open machine!

Try tot remove 2 things, its the same stuck like on 6970 - no support graph, so maybe it helps

Just delete those 2 files and reboot:

System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonx3000GLDriver.bundle

System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extension.mkext

works with 6970 - installed netkas patch after reboot