P8P67Pro and Non Pro Lion install usb for dummies..

^Andy^

654 posts in this topic

This post by Andy made Lion 11.2 possible on my P8Z68-V Pro 2600k 6970.

Thank you Andy for taking the time to create this guide and your ati 11.2 package.

What worked for me was using a running Snow Leopard separate partition to apply packages to the 11.2 Lion partition after the install before booting into Lion with rBoot.

Hi, Andy.

First off, thank you for this guide, and great job on your Andy Boot CD series.

I followed the guide using an install DMG file. I had no problem on booting from USB nor on installing Lion, but unfortunately I get a panic kernel after I select the drive I installed Lion to on Chameleon. I don't know if this is normal, but I don't see an Extra folder on that drive (even though I copied it to the USB as the guide said). I then tried copying the Extra folder you posted here to the drive, and that gave me this error: "no mach_kernel found".

I deleted the Extra folder and then tried this:

At chameleon, boot into single user...let it process and then when it gives you the option to exit, do so and you'll find yourself at the desktop of Lion! For some reason this then allows you to bypass whatever was causing the Kernel to poop itself.

... but after booting into single mode and chameleon processed it, I didn't get an exit option. This guide should work regardless of whether we use an install DMG or the Install Lion.app, right? I hope this is not what's causing the problem.

Any thoughts on what I can try to fix this problem?

Thanks again.

Hi, Andy.

First off, thank you for this guide, and great job on your Andy Boot CD series.

I followed the guide using an install DMG file. I had no problem on booting from USB nor on installing Lion, but unfortunately I get a panic kernel after I select the drive I installed Lion to on Chameleon. I don't know if this is normal, but I don't see an Extra folder on that drive (even though I copied it to the USB as the guide said).

You wont see an extra folder on your target drive until after you install the package.

Andy, is there an easy way to update the chameleon boot loader in your package? After downloading the new version of chameleon (to fix icloud issue in Lion 10.7.2) which files do I need to replace? I saw your earlier post in this thread. Is it merely replacing just the boot0 file?

I have a single HDD with three partitions that I am able to multiboot using your bootloader: SL, Win7 and Lion in that order. Do I replace the boot0 file in both the first SL partition as well as the third Lion partition?

Thank you for your help.

EDIT: Sorry! I read through the Chameleon FAQ on voodooprojects. As I am only upgrading the bootloader to a more recent build, all I need to do is toreplace the boot file to the root directory and also change com.apple.boot.plist to org.chameleon.Boot.plist. So far so good and I will try it out today.

Hoping that a change to a more recent build of chameleon as well as a revised smbios.plist (for corect model number and serial) will help me get to icloud. Thank you.

Andy, is there an easy way to update the chameleon boot loader in your package? After downloading the new version of chameleon (to fix icloud issue in Lion 10.7.2) which files do I need to replace? I saw your earlier post in this thread. Is it merely replacing just the boot0 file?

I have a single HDD with three partitions that I am able to multiboot using your bootloader: SL, Win7 and Lion in that order. Do I replace the boot0 file in both the first SL partition as well as the third Lion partition?

Thank you for your help.

Just replace the boot file although I doubt it's going to help you as I'm currently using my bootloader to boot win7, win xp, lion 10.7, 10.7.1, 10.7.2 and snow leopard 10.6.8 so I know it works for all of those :D

Just replace the boot file although I doubt it's going to help you as I'm currently using my bootloader to boot win7, win xp, lion 10.7, 10.7.1, 10.7.2 and snow leopard 10.6.8 so I know it works for all of those :D

Andy, the multiboot works like a charm. I am able to boot to all three on the same hard drive. I cant get to icloud on 10.7.2. Reading the threads the solution seems to involve moving to a more recent build of chameleon along with using a correct serial in the symbios. Is there anything you had to do to get to icloud? Your help is appreciated.

Andy, the multiboot works like a charm. I am able to boot to all three on the same hard drive. I cant get to icloud on 10.7.2. Reading the threads the solution seems to involve moving to a more recent build of chameleon along with using a correct serial in the symbios. Is there anything you had to do to get to icloud? Your help is appreciated.

I dont use the iCloud because I dont trust apple with my data or the countries they may choose to host that data in having better privacy laws than my own country but if the fix is anything like the facetime fix then just try this http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6d8zt54q2a5tn6t

As always - Good Luck!

Hi Andy.

I done all as you write, system has been installed, and work. But got one problem. It works near 10m and hang for a 1m and reboot. I got eSATA HDD, and first time it hang when i try to copy the file to usb flash. For next 5 or 6 more times hang was random... I disable USB 3.0, it did not help. May be try to disable eSATA or Marvel SATA? And i got PCI Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS, but in first hang it has no driver. Also got PCI Atheros WI-FI... Wich way?

Hi Andy.

I done all as you write, system has been installed, and work. But got one problem. It works near 10m and hang for a 1m and reboot. I got eSATA HDD, and first time it hang when i try to copy the file to usb flash. For next 5 or 6 more times hang was random... I disable USB 3.0, it did not help. May be try to disable eSATA or Marvel SATA? And i got PCI Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS, but in first hang it has no driver. Also got PCI Atheros WI-FI... Wich way?

No idea sorry. I have not seen this behaviour before and I also use esata hdd's from time to time without issue.

Hi Andy. Thanks for the procedure. I went throught several version OSX app (11A511,11A494 & 11c74), All has gone to the "Mac OS X Utilities" Page but when I select "Reinstall Mac OSX" . The same message " This copy of Install MAcOSX Lion application is damage, and can't be used to install.". I do not know what went wrong. Any suggestion and clue. I did successful from step 6~18.

Beside, does anyone has the solution on "wakening the SL" ? The Andy Bootloader 5 gone well on my P8H67M Pro, except the HDMI audio did not come out yet. Any help???

Hi Andy. Thanks for the procedure. I went throught several version OSX app (11A511,11A494 & 11c74), All has gone to the "Mac OS X Utilities" Page but when I select "Reinstall Mac OSX" . The same message " This copy of Install MAcOSX Lion application is damage, and can't be used to install.". I do not know what went wrong. Any suggestion and clue. I did successful from step 6~18.

Beside, does anyone has the solution on "wakening the SL" ? The Andy Bootloader 5 gone well on my P8H67M Pro, except the HDMI audio did not come out yet. Any help???

This's what i see when i boot from hard disk where is installed Snow leopard or Installer.

If I boot from your boot cd, i can see the gray screen with the apple for 1 second than the system restarts.

What system are you trying to install to?

Than, I installed SL and 10.6.8 from another mac. Before booting, installed P8P67 PRO package and that pic is what I have when I make boot from the disk where installed the so.

When I boot from bootcd the system starts.

In a second moment, tried to make "Installer" partition for Lion following the guide.

I used an 8Gb partition on My hard disk and a dmg file of lion retail (that was working perfectly on my old system with P5Q3 using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]+xmove method).

The same pic i can see if i boot from "installer" but in this case, if i boot from cd first, when i select "Installer" as boot partition, the system restarts.

I'm almost desperate....

Than, I installed SL and 10.6.8 from another mac. Before booting, installed P8P67 PRO package and that pic is what I have when I make boot from the disk where installed the so.

When I boot from bootcd the system starts.

In a second moment, tried to make "Installer" partition for Lion following the guide.

I used an 8Gb partition on My hard disk and a dmg file of lion retail (that was working perfectly on my old system with P5Q3 using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]+xmove method).

The same pic i can see if i boot from "installer" but in this case, if i boot from cd first, when i select "Installer" as boot partition, the system restarts.

I'm almost desperate....

Sorry but I can't really help you because none of what you are trying to do is how I did it or how I explained to do it in the guide.

Which bootcd are you using to try and boot the install partition?

I tried to download the bootcd from the first page, but I couldn't, so, if please you can send me a link I'd immediately download the right one.

What did I do Wrong?

Please, don't say "everything" or I won't understand...

The only thing I cannot avoid is installing SL from another mac.

Why don't you just build the usb installer using the mac?

The latest BootCD is here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gsgt6tdd2zw70lw

And than install on a blank disk on P8P67 PRO?In 1 hour I'll try.One more thing,can I use lion Installer.dmg or should I buy a new Lion?

I've always built using the .app but as far as I know you should still be able to do it using the .dmg (others may be better placed to advise you on that one).

Hi Andy,

Me again. Just curious about my graphics card. Snow Leopard recognizes it as 6800 series:

x4TbO.jpg

but Lion differs a little bit:

tIa4I.jpg

Is that normal? It seems to work ok, but I'm just not sure if I should worry about this or not.

Thanks in advance.

PS.- Graphics Card model in my signature below.