P8P67Pro and Non Pro Lion install usb for dummies..

^Andy^

654 posts in this topic

Andy, guys, here it doesn't work.

I did everything written in the guide, but nothing.

The USB doesn't but and when I try installing directly from the usb from SL, it says the installation copy is dameged and cannot be installed.

I tried formatting the usb in Extended mode, in Extended Journaled but nothing.

Is it possible I have any wrong setting in bios?

Another question, why, in your opinion I cannot install Chimera on this SATA III 6Gb/s disk?

If I connect another disk where I have another retail lion installed with chimera, it boots (chimera only, not lion)?

Please, help me, I don't know what else to do....

Ok, I was finally able to do it.

My USB key boots and works.

Installed Lion on a blank HD, restart and made boot from the USB installer.

I've ran P8P67 PRO package but i still cannot boot from HD, I only can start from USB, than select HD and everything seems to be working. How can I solve this problem?

post-787176-1322058966_thumb.jpg

Ok, I was finally able to do it.

My USB key boots and works.

Installed Lion on a blank HD, restart and made boot from the USB installer.

I've ran P8P67 PRO package but i still cannot boot from HD, I only can start from USB, than select HD and everything seems to be working. How can I solve this problem?

What size is the partition and is marked as active?

Hi Andy,

Me again. Just curious about my graphics card. Snow Leopard recognizes it as 6800 series:

x4TbO.jpg

but Lion differs a little bit:

tIa4I.jpg

Is that normal? It seems to work ok, but I'm just not sure if I should worry about this or not.

Thanks in advance.

PS.- Graphics Card model in my signature below.

Did you remember to enable GraphicsEnabler ?

Ok, now I make another partition on the disk and reduce Lion (bootable) 350Gb.

Should I even reinstall P8P67 pro package?

I even have no audio...and iCloud doesn't let me sign in...

iCloud won't let you sign in unless you change your serial number and this is something I don't really approve of because you are at this point basically stealing file storage from Apple.

Accept the fact that it's only intended for genuine mac purchasers and skip it or if you wear an eye patch, have a parrot on your shoulder and an affinity for the sea go ahead and do it.

Hi Andy. Thanks for the procedure. I went throught several version OSX app (11A511,11A494 & 11c74), All has gone to the "Mac OS X Utilities" Page but when I select "Reinstall Mac OSX" . The same message " This copy of Install MAcOSX Lion application is damage, and can't be used to install.". I do not know what went wrong. Any suggestion and clue. I did successful from step 6~18.

Beside, does anyone has the solution on "wakening the SL" ? The Andy Bootloader 5 gone well on my P8H67M Pro, except the HDMI audio did not come out yet. Any help???

Hi Andy. Thanks for the procedure. I went throught several version OSX app (11A511,11A494 & 11c74), All has gone to the "Mac OS X Utilities" Page but when I select "Reinstall Mac OSX" . The same message " This copy of Install MAcOSX Lion application is damage, and can't be used to install.". I do not know what went wrong. Any suggestion and clue. I did successful from step 6~18.

Beside, does anyone has the solution on "wakening the SL" ? The Andy Bootloader 5 gone well on my P8H67M Pro, except the HDMI audio did not come out yet. Any help???

Hi Andy,

I finally get my Lion USB stick working and update to 11C74. I mess up step 15 (System/Installation/Package) and mis-place the Package at Lion Installation Logo that pakage instead of the Installation folder.

The "wakening issue " I still cannot sort out from the forum. Any link or solution I can try out?

The HDMI audio is no sound, but I play MP3 in iTune , the audio bar is moving. I try with line out nogood. Audio and video works on VGA and line output. Any clue?

Ok, but What can I do to make boot from hd?I Made a 350gb partition And installed there, but still not booting.

Try using chameleon wizard to update chameleon and choose the correct boot method for your setup - beyond that I can't help you so you will have to research the problem for yourself (you have already taken way more pages of this thread than anybody else and it's getting a bit ridiculous to be honest).

Hi Andy,

I finally get my Lion USB stick working and update to 11C74. I mess up step 15 (System/Installation/Package) and mis-place the Package at Lion Installation Logo that pakage instead of the Installation folder.

The "wakening issue " I still cannot sort out from the forum. Any link or solution I can try out?

The HDMI audio is no sound, but I play MP3 in iTune , the audio bar is moving. I try with line out nogood. Audio and video works on VGA and line output. Any clue?

Sorry but I don't use hdmi audio so can't help you.

Hi All

I have a Problem, i just wanted to install iTunes with the auto update function. After the reboot i realiced that 10.7.2 was installed too... now im scared to reboot the machine... What can i do to be sure that the system comes back on again ?

Thanks

KeMi

Hi guys,

i have a HD with 3 partitions. In the first(disk0s2) i have a snowLeo and i now installed in the third(disk0s4) the 10.7.2 with success.

As far as i try to make the 3 partition as primary and active i always get the andy boot 2.0 from the snowLeo booting first..

is there anything i can do to get andy's boot 5.0 from my third partition to boot first?

thanks.

ps: i don't get where is the chamaleon installed. I thought that was in the EFI(disk0s1), and maybe a version shock was happen but found nothing in there. thx

Did you remember to enable GraphicsEnabler ?

That did the trick. Thank you, and thank you for your patience with us noobs. I have one more concern, if you don't mind.

Even before I changed the GraphicsEnabler to Yes, every once in a while I get a panic kernel when I boot the computer. It usually "gets fixed" by restarting the computer one, sometimes two times, but it's very annoying. I obviously don't understand what it says, but I took a picture to see if you can see something that could be causing the problem:

WziPu.jpg

I don't know if this is enough for you to see what the problem is, so if you need something else from me, please let me know so that I can post it here.

Again, you don't know how much I appreciate how you take the time to answer what have turned out to be stupid questions from my part. But let me just say that you are a hell of a guy.

Hi guys,

i have a HD with 3 partitions. In the first(disk0s2) i have a snowLeo and i now installed in the third(disk0s4) the 10.7.2 with success.

As far as i try to make the 3 partition as primary and active i always get the andy boot 2.0 from the snowLeo booting first..

is there anything i can do to get andy's boot 5.0 from my third partition to boot first?

thanks.

ps: i don't get where is the chamaleon installed. I thought that was in the EFI(disk0s1), and maybe a version shock was happen but found nothing in there. thx

just set the default partition in boot.plist to the partition that you want to boot from.

Even before I changed the GraphicsEnabler to Yes, every once in a while I get a panic kernel when I boot the computer. It usually "gets fixed" by restarting the computer one, sometimes two times, but it's very annoying. I obviously don't understand what it says, but I took a picture to see if you can see something that could be causing the problem:

I've not seen anything like that but the fact that its random implies that its to do with your system stability. Are you overclocking?

I've not seen anything like that but the fact that its random implies that its to do with your system stability. Are you overclocking?

Well, unfortunately it's not ramdom anymore; since my previous post, this has become a constant boot problem. I'm not overclocking, but here are some interesting facts:

I have two boot drives on the machine, one with SL, and one with Lion. I have no problem whatsoever booting to my SL drive. Just for the sake of it, here is the boot.plist for SL:

BBj3Q.jpg VS LION pnH5b.jpg

When I can't boot into Lion, I restart and boot to SL. I would then run your Installer Package from SL, and install to Lion drive. After that I would restart and boot to Lion with no problem. The problem comes, I believe, when I shut down (or restart) and boot to Lion again. The only difference I notice (as the noob that I am), is that your package changes the boot.plist to GraphicsEnabler to No. However, I'm not completely sure this is the problem since I was having this boot problem (randomly) before I changed GE to Yes.

Another thing I want to point out is that my Lion drive is connected to the Marvel SATA port vs. my SL drive being connected to the Intel port on the mobo. I don't know if the problem resides on a Marvel kext or driver.

One final observation is that if I select Boot Into Single User from Chameleon, I boot into Lion with no problem, even with GE set to Yes.

I hope this can help narrow down the possible causes of this problem. This situation is specially frustrating for me because I tried the SL to Lion upgrade method many times before finding this guide, and it was just a huge waist of time. Now that your method worked, I spent a couple of weeks customizing Lion, installing all my apps and plugins, and copying all my files to the Lion drive. I really don't want to spend another 2 or 3 weeks doing this again because I'm already behind on project deadlines from work.

Anyways. I want to thank you again for your time and help.

Another thing I want to point out is that my Lion drive is connected to the Marvel SATA port vs. my SL drive being connected to the Intel port on the mobo. I don't know if the problem resides on a Marvel kext or driver.

I have mac installations attached to each controller (intel, marvell and jmicron) (6 hdd's one of which is esata) with multiple installations for testing and 2 dvd drives) and I havn;t seen this problem so I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with the controller or kext file so I'm stumped.

I have mac installations attached to each controller (intel, marvell and jmicron) (6 hdd's one of which is esata) with multiple installations for testing and 2 dvd drives) and I havn;t seen this problem so I'm pretty sure it's nothing to do with the controller or kext file so I'm stumped.

Let me post this problem in the forum and see if somebody else has experienced this. You've been of great help thus far. Thank you very much.

Ok, I had to try one more thing before giving up. I changed GraphicsEnabler to No on the boot.plist and was able to reboot with no problem. Does this mean one of my ATI kexts is messed up?

What happens if you press f8 at boot up and select the drive to boot from via the popup screen? I'm wondering if you have 2 different versions of chameleon installed (one on each drive) and they are getting in a mess.

I do have two Chameleon versions (well, they're both the same version), one on each drive, but I have the BIOS drive boot order options set up so that my Lion drive is the first to boot. I've also checked and I can boot to both SL and Lion from either Chameleon version (I can only boot to Lion from either version as long as my Lion boot.plist has GraphicsEnabler set to No). So I maybe the problem resides somewhere in the ATI kexts or drivers? I've been testing this for the last hour, and everything points to having GE set to Yes. If it's set to No, I have no booting problems.

I honestly don't know the difference between having GE set to Yes vs. No. Since I do a lot of video editing in Final Cut, I want to get the best out of my graphics card, but I don't know if GE makes a difference. If I can have full power on my graphics card with GE set to No, I don't see a problem since I don't really use DVD Player.

Any thoughts?

Do you get the same problem if you use GraphicsEnabler=Yes as a boot flag rather than specifying it in the boot.plist?

Having multiple chameleon installs on multiple drives can be a pain in the balls because you can never be sure which one is loading and which dsdt, smbios and extra folder it is picking up (been there done that and pulled out most of my remaining hair trying to sort it out with 6 drives lol). If you have the time try using F8 just after bios splash screen and select the drive to boot from that way - its a pretty safe way of knowing which chameleon and files its going to pick up.