P8P67Pro and Non Pro Lion install usb for dummies..

^Andy^

654 posts in this topic

hi andy thx a lot for this guide

first of all sorry for my english I'm french

here we go first i follow all the step but my usb disk refused to boot so i rebuild it but i installed Chameleon RC5 752 Lion+Snow before i istaled your P8P67 Sabertooth Installer.pkg and it work i installed lion no prob first time in lion my screen resolution was at 1280 but after i installed your pkg on my lion hd i get only 1024

this is the info i get

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 3 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x68ba

Revision ID: 0x0000

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

my card is a radeon sapphire hd 6770 1gb (is there any fix)

i had to use mutlibeast to get the sour working with roll back

after i did the update 10.7.2 all went well exept had to redo the sound again

so for now if i could get my video card working ill be very happy

thank you

I show on netkas ROM Creator thing. What is this and really needed? I really dont understand that?

Sorry guys but a lot of you are asking questions that either simply don't make sense like this one or questions that display a certain amount of ignorance of the search facility.

I will help you if I can but you also have to help yourselves - if you can't be arsed to look stuff up or simply have no idea what you are doing then please look elsewhere for help first, get to grips with what you are trying to do and THEN ask for help.

sorry to ask but i did look for the las 3 days and probably made 10 fresh installation just can't get my video card working the best i did was installing chameleon before your package by doing so i kept my resolution at 1280 and now my card is seen a 5mb instead 3mb

sorry to ask but i did look for the las 3 days and probably made 10 fresh installation just can't get my video card working the best i did was installing chameleon before your package by doing so i kept my resolution at 1280 and now my card is seen a 5mb instead 3mb

To get the 6770 working you may need to edit the bios so that the device id matches a 5770 or flash a complete 5770 bios to the card unfortunately.

Hey guys.

I'll be doing this soon with my p8p67 pro soon, but I have a few questions.

Firstly, I already have windows 7 installed on my hard drive; can I make another partition and install OSx on that or would I have to do more work?

Secondly, is the GTX 570 supported as I have no other graphics cards to use if it doesn't work?

Thanks,

Jacob_Kay

Sorry guys but a lot of you are asking questions that either simply don't make sense like this one or questions that display a certain amount of ignorance of the search facility.

I will help you if I can but you also have to help yourselves - if you can't be arsed to look stuff up or simply have no idea what you are doing then please look elsewhere for help first, get to grips with what you are trying to do and THEN ask for help.

Sorry Andy but I didnt ask you. I just asked this generally you and or somebody can anwser this. I just ask specially in this thread cause I used your way and your package and maybe somebody make this thing and wants to anwser. We are know you doing best you can. And thank you for all that. We are know you wants to facilitate to people and youre doing to best. Thank you and sorry if I mad you.

Hi,

I'm also a p8p67Evo motherboard owner with 2600K and 6950. I'm installing SL 10.6.8 thanks to Andy's boot cd's.

But when it comes to Andy's USB Installer guide i can't do that somehow.

However,when i make the installition with xmove in the Lion i can boot into Lion but then i can't get support to my graphic card with any method and neither Andy's netkas package.

Where may i making mistakes?

Which bootloaders do i'd better use from the beginning? After booting into Lion and installing Andy's package for "P8p67" what can i try?

Hi all, some of you may already know me from the boot cd's and installation packages that I have built for the Asus P8P67 series of motherboards.

Today I would like to share my fairly idiot proof method of building a Lion installation and repair bootable usb stick for Asus P8P67Pro and P8P67 based systems now that lion has reached gold master.

You will need 4 things in order to build this usb stick successfully..

1 - A usb stick (or drive) large enough to contain the contents of the instal image (4 gig should do)

2 - A downloaded copy of the 'Install Mac OS X Lion.app',

3 - An Extra folder specifically for the Lion installer usb stick/drive http://www.mediafire.com/?bolj08pj5s4hcl0

4 - The installation package from the latest AndyBoot CD for either the P8P67Sabertooth, P8P67Pro or P8P67 available from the links below:-

P8P67Sabertooth http://www.mediafire.com/?uahydjc0koyyuvk

P8P67Pro http://www.mediafire.com/?ytr7cp3gh46ovka

P8P67 http://www.mediafire.com/?a1y7rgrxy3ems8c

1 - First step (pretty obvious) Boot into Snow Leopard,

2 - Use disk utility to format your USB stick or drive as mac os extended with GUID partition table,

3 - right click 'Install Mac OS X Lion.app' and select 'show contents',

4 - double click the 'Contents/SharedSupport' folder to open it in finder,

5 - Run ShowAllFiles (to show hidden files),

6 - right click the 'InstallESD.dmg' and select 'open with disk image mounter',

7 - right click on the hidden 'BaseSystem.dmg' and select 'open with disk utility',

8 - In disk utility look to the bottom left to find 'BaseSystem.dmg', right click it and select 'Restore',

9 - Drag your formatted USB stick or drive into the 'destination' box, untick 'erase destination' and click 'Restore',

10 - Go for a beer, coffee or whatever takes your fancy as this will take a while!

11 - Once restore is complete go to the system, installation folder on the usb stick or drive and delete the 'Packages' alias

12 - right click 'Install Mac OS X Lion.app' (from step 3) again and once again click 'show package contents'

13 - reopen the 'SharedSupport' folder

14 - Double click the 'InstallESD.dmg' to mount it

15 - Copy the 'Packages' folder from the 'MacOS X Install ESD' folder that should automatically open in finder over to the system, installation folder on your usb stick or drive to replace the alias that you deleted in step 9,

16 - run ShowAllFiles (to see hidden files) and copy the 'mach_kernel' from the 'MacOS X Install ESD' folder above to the root of your USB stick or drive,

17 - copy the Extra folder downloaded above to the root of the usb stick/drive,

18 - run the andyboot5 package relevant to your motherboard and select your usb stick or drive as the target,

19 - Congratulations your USB stick or drive should now be bootable and allow you to install lion!

20 - Don't forget after installing lion to run whichever andyboot5 package that you used on the usb stick again to install the contents onto your hard disk and make the system bootable!

Good Luck all :angel:

Hi Andy can you write down the bytes of this Lion.app since there is an updated version i think that can cause clutter

Hi,

I'm also a p8p67Evo motherboard owner with 2600K and 6950. I'm installing SL 10.6.8 thanks to Andy's boot cd's.

But when it comes to Andy's USB Installer guide i can't do that somehow.

However,when i make the installition with xmove in the Lion i can boot into Lion but then i can't get support to my graphic card with any method and neither Andy's netkas package.

Where may i making mistakes?

Which bootloaders do i'd better use from the beginning? After booting into Lion and installing Andy's package for "P8p67" what can i try?

I have the same spec. After restart press to F8 and choose your USB and boot from it. I used Andys Native 6970 Package.pkg for graphic card. After installing when you open your machine first time you get grey screen after that you must to reset dont power off this importent if you power off you always get grey screen. Open it get grey screen reset it lions come.

PS; Dont use Andys 5 Boot DVD. Your DVD ROM must be empty.

I have the same spec. After restart press to F8 and choose your USB and boot from it. I used Andys Native 6970 Package.pkg for graphic card. After installing when you open your machine first time you get grey screen after that you must to reset dont power off this importent if you power off you always get grey screen. Open it get grey screen reset it lions come.

PS; Dont use Andys 5 Boot DVD. Your DVD ROM must be empty.

Well i have a xpredator chasis which doesn't have a reset button :) And i've tried to push power off button for several seconds but it didn't work. I'll try it again.Thanx :)

Any other suggestions?

Well i have a xpredator chasis which doesn't have a reset button ^_^ And i've tried to push power off button for several seconds but it didn't work. I'll try it again.Thanx ;)

Any other suggestions?

Boot into any other OS and select reset/reboot?

hey andy. Everything on my hackintosh is working beautifully except for the whole facetime login issue that most people are having. I've read that a new version of chameleon has fixed the issue but I enjoy your bootloader the most. Would you have the time or even consider making a new bootloader with the fix? I would really appreciate it and would be willing to donate. thanks for your hard work for everything else though.

hey andy. Everything on my hackintosh is working beautifully except for the whole facetime login issue that most people are having. I've read that a new version of chameleon has fixed the issue but I enjoy your bootloader the most. Would you have the time or even consider making a new bootloader with the fix? I would really appreciate it and would be willing to donate. thanks for your hard work for everything else though.

Here you go, just replace the hidden boot file with the one in the linked zip file

http://www.mediafire.com/?6d8zt54q2a5tn6t

anyone having problems with the NIC and sound?? After installing Lion I ran the andyboot update for my motherboard, after rebooting I see the NIC but I keep getting an invalid IP address 169.xx.xx.xx. I am sure it is not my router, I can get an ip using a different computer, and I tried doing it manually but I cant even access my router from the mac. there has to be something wrong with a plist/config file on my mac. any help would be appreciated.

anyone recommends [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]??

anyone having problems with the NIC and sound?? After installing Lion I ran the andyboot update for my motherboard, after rebooting I see the NIC but I keep getting an invalid IP address 169.xx.xx.xx. I am sure it is not my router, I can get an ip using a different computer, and I tried doing it manually but I cant even access my router from the mac. there has to be something wrong with a plist/config file on my mac. any help would be appreciated.

anyone recommends [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]??

Go to network prefs, delete ethernet, reboot and see if it gets detected properly when you next open network prefs after the reboot.

Good luck! :)

Sorry to get back to you so late, but I was having software problems. for some reason, it was saying that my 2 WD HDD were bad and couldn't repair. so, i am running Lion from my Vertex 3 SSD. I tried what you recommended but still I get a 169.xx.xxx.xx IP address, also the sound does not work. what else you recommend?????..

update:

I tried a different port on my router and I noticed that the link light is off (like if the port was shutdown, but is not). There must be something in the Lion that's not functioning....by the way, I dual boot, so I get network connection fine on my Windows 7

thanks for your help