P8P67Pro and Non Pro Lion install usb for dummies..

^Andy^

654 posts in this topic

I tried to edit it but was getting permission errors

Copy it to your desktop, edit it there and then copy it back :P

Secondly - Audio (and this one is odd). To get your sound working again copy the ALC892HDA51B.kext, HDAEnabler892.kext and AppleHDA.kext to your desktop from the System\Library\Extensions folder BEFORE installing the update. After the update and a reboot delete the same files from System\Library\Extensions and delete the System\Library\Caches\com.apple.kext.caches\Startup\Extensions.mkext and kernelcache files. Once thats done use kext utility and in this order reinstall the kexts that you copied to your desktop..

1) ALC892HDA51B.kext

2) HDAEnabler892.kext

3) AppleHDA.kext

Reboot and you should be good to go!

This may be worth a try for any of you having ausio problems with the alc892 i.e. if for some reason your audio doesn't work after installing the package.

Joe , can you tell me if the input ( microphone) is working in your setup ?

Thanks !

I think it was but I had too many issues. I decided to go back to SL for now. I'll try again when the Sabertooth and GTX460 are better supported. I thought I had SL working in 64 bit but alas, my backup is not and if I was I forgot how I got there. It ain't easy being a Mac. ;-)

Copy it to your desktop, edit it there and then copy it back :P

That's the trick! Oy! Well I'll see you back at SL for now. I have to figure out how to get back to 64bit, with hi res. Using your CD I have 64bit and the pretty Apple startup logo. With working graphics using TonyMac, I have 32bit and stale Apple. Sigh.

So I'm still having major issues with audio (there isn't any :() on my Sabertooth P67 board (Realtek ALC892 chip). I spent a few days removing and reinstalling audio drivers, editing DSDTs, and finally decided to start from scratch, just to make sure I hadn't introduced any additional variables into the mix that were causing it to fail.

Fresh install of 10.7, and on the first boot, I did the following:

1) Installed Andy's P67 Sabertooth package

2) BEFORE rebooting, installed ALC8xxxHDA.kext, the AppleHDA rollback, and the 892 enabler using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

Immediately after doing so (before rebooting, still) -- I had glorious sound. In fact, the "installation complete" window in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] even made its sound. Output devices showed properly in the system settings, iTunes worked, everything worked. At this point I had installed nothing else.

I then rebooted, and my audio was once again broken. No output devices. No nothing. So, I rebooted with -v, and this is what I saw:

DU9nL.jpg

I've tried disabling power management states C1 and C6 in BIOS, but that doesn't seem to have solved my issue either. Any thoughts? I'm coming up empty here after weeks of trying to make the audio work.

So I'm still having major issues with audio (there isn't any :() on my Sabertooth P67 board (Realtek ALC892 chip). I spent a few days removing and reinstalling audio drivers, editing DSDTs, and finally decided to start from scratch, just to make sure I hadn't introduced any additional variables into the mix that were causing it to fail.

Fresh install of 10.7, and on the first boot, I did the following:

1) Installed Andy's P67 Sabertooth package

2) BEFORE rebooting, installed ALC8xxxHDA.kext, the AppleHDA rollback, and the 892 enabler using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

Immediately after doing so (before rebooting, still) -- I had glorious sound. In fact, the "installation complete" window in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] even made its sound. Output devices showed properly in the system settings, iTunes worked, everything worked. At this point I had installed nothing else.

I then rebooted, and my audio was once again broken. No output devices. No nothing. So, I rebooted with -v, and this is what I saw:

DU9nL.jpg

I've tried disabling power management states C1 and C6 in BIOS, but that doesn't seem to have solved my issue either. Any thoughts? I'm coming up empty here after weeks of trying to make the audio work.

Hi,

Try pmVersion=23 and/or cpus=1

if none of the above works try busratio=16

this is what i can help with, hope it works mate

Thank you maly70, but unfortunately still no love, with any combination of the above. :)

You didn't need to do that - newer kexts are installed by the package! You have now probably a mixed up set of kexts installed. Delete all of the audio kexts, clear your caches (kernelcache and extensions.mkext), reboot and install the package again. Reboot and see if you have sound. If not then make sure the kexts that mutlibeast installs for alc892 are deleted and try the suggestion from my previous posts (see below - note the order is very important for some reason)..

Secondly - Audio (and this one is odd). To get your sound working again copy the ALC892HDA51B.kext, HDAEnabler892.kext and AppleHDA.kext to your desktop from the System\Library\Extensions folder BEFORE installing the update. After the update and a reboot delete the same files from System\Library\Extensions and delete the System\Library\Caches\com.apple.kext.caches\Startup\Extensions.mkext and kernelcache files. Once thats done use kext utility and in this order reinstall the kexts that you copied to your desktop..

1) ALC892HDA51B.kext

2) HDAEnabler892.kext

3) AppleHDA.kext

Give that a try.

Good luck!

You didn't need to do that - newer kexts are installed by the package! You have now probably a mixed up set of kexts installed. Delete all of the audio kexts, clear your caches (kernelcache and extensions.mkext), reboot and install the package again. Reboot and see if you have sound. If not then make sure the kexts that mutlibeast installs for alc892 are deleted and try the suggestion from my previous posts (see below - note the order is very important for some reason)..

Give that a try.

Good luck!

Andy, thanks, this pointed me in the right direction. I had been installing the kexts from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] on a recommendation from people in another thread -- indeed, my audio did not work simply by installing the Sabertooth package either -- but I took your advice on the "ordered" install. I removed all audio kexts, deleted the caches, used kextutility, and rebooted.

I then extracted the three kexts from the installer pkg (archive) and manually installed each one in the order you specified. Curiously enough, it didn't work after the first reboot, but when I rebooted a second time without changing anything, the audio output devices were recognized and I have sound. It seems to be persisting through subsequent reboots. I'm not sure why it doesn't work from the initial install, but the kexts you provide in the installer do seem to do the trick when installed in that specific order. Thanks again.

Andy, thanks, this pointed me in the right direction. I had been installing the kexts from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] on a recommendation from people in another thread -- indeed, my audio did not work simply by installing the Sabertooth package either -- but I took your advice on the "ordered" install. I removed all audio kexts, deleted the caches, used kextutility, and rebooted.

I then extracted the three kexts from the installer pkg (archive) and manually installed each one in the order you specified. Curiously enough, it didn't work after the first reboot, but when I rebooted a second time without changing anything, the audio output devices were recognized and I have sound. It seems to be persisting through subsequent reboots. I'm not sure why it doesn't work from the initial install, but the kexts you provide in the installer do seem to do the trick when installed in that specific order. Thanks again.

There is something very flakey about those kexts - for me they work if I install the package after a clean install or upgrade but if I ever have problems with audio that does seem to solve it.

Glad it's working for you now anyway :)

There is something very flakey about those kexts - for me they work if I install the package after a clean install or upgrade but if I ever have problems with audio that does seem to solve it.

Glad it's working for you now anyway :thumbsup_anim:

Oy, dead again after another reboot. Flakey indeed. Hopefully at least now I know a method for possibly getting it working again. Seems frustrating that something so "core" is so unpredictable. Regardless, thank you for the help! Hopefully a more stable solution will come along at some point.

Oy, dead again after another reboot. Flakey indeed. Hopefully at least now I know a method for possibly getting it working again. Seems frustrating that something so "core" is so unpredictable. Regardless, thank you for the help! Hopefully a more stable solution will come along at some point.

Can I just add that I don;t have this problem on my lion or snow install, for me after installing the packages audio works and stays working regardless of reboots or shutdowns so I do find it odd that people have this problem :thumbsup_anim:

Can I just add that I don;t have this problem on my lion or snow install, for me after installing the packages audio works and stays working regardless of reboots or shutdowns so I do find it odd that people have this problem :rolleyes:

Sound hasn't been a problem on my Sabertooth. Could it be a hardware issue? As for video I bought a Radeon card. Hopefully that will let me get to Lion more smoothly.

• 2 weeks later...

I followed every step, but I got stuck at the "blinking" cursor screen.

Before Applying the Extra folder and your pkg the USB drive normally boots when attached to my MacBook Pro I use for operations. So the USB key is OK, right?

I don't see the "erase destination" box to untick, I'm on Lion 10.7.1.

What am I missing? O.o

Config: P8P67 B3, i5-2500 8GB DDR3 1333MHz (for now, I'll get 1600+ MHz DIMMs)

THANKS for your precious work!

K

I got the best way to get the sound fullyworking,

http://www.kexts.com/view/1578-applehda_alc892_for_lion.html

Using this Applehda.

Everything works great on my Sandy-{censored} system expect USB 3.0 (who cares^^).

And ofcause fully support by my 570gtx.

I love it.

That kext didn't work at all for me - no audio output devices detected.

I have a problem with my microphone on 10.7.0 on the P8p67 (Andy's package v5). I tried the Mic and the Line Input but after ca. 20sec there is no more input pegel. When I switch to another input device and back to the connected one, the input is back for 20sec again, then the same problem.

Anyone else with that problem?

Thank you for your great work, Andy. It works perfectly with my P8P67 Pro as it worked with Snow Leopard. The only annoying thing I found is about audio. When the computer goes stand by, some audio apps stop working (like Spotify for example, but even Youtube videos without audio) and I need to reboot to make everything work. Do you think it's related to sleep mode?

Ok Lion install finnished and restart machine. I first boot from Andys 5 DVD and when I choose Lion HD computer restart again. WHY is that?

Try to restart typing PCIRootUID=1 or -x and pressing enter on boot screen. When I have problems on booting, it works

Thank you But I think you use different boot I never opened to Lion and how to writing on Andy Boots screen?

Just press a key on the screen of disk selection (like a letter or spacebar), and after you typed one of the strings I suggested on my previous post, press enter.

Hello,

I've tried this method but after having my USB key ready, when I reboot, it doesn't boot on the key :/

Any ideas ?

Thanks !

Press F8 during the bios screen and select the usb drive from the boot selection screen :)