P8P67Pro and Non Pro Lion install usb for dummies..

^Andy^

654 posts in this topic

Press F8 during the bios screen and select the usb drive from the boot selection screen :)

I tried this method and when I do, I have two possibilities:

- UEFI: Crucial USB...

- Crucial USB...

I tried both but in each case, it doesn't boot:

- UEFI; Crucial USB... -> "Please insert a valide boot..."

- Crucial USB.... -> I have a blinking _ and nothing :/

- Crucial USB...

Have you tried different usb ports?

- Crucial USB...

UEFI: Crucial USB... Your Snow Leopard

Crucial USB... Lion Disk

Try to restart typing PCIRootUID=1 or -x and pressing enter on boot screen. When I have problems on booting, it works

I tried but it doesnt work. This time Panic Screens come.

" You must to restart. Hold down to Power Button until its turns off."

Any ideas?

Have you tried different usb ports?

I tried two different USB ports (the ones in the front). I will try the USB ports of the back to see if any change occurs...

Edit: I tried all USB ports but same result :/

Could it be that my USB key is not bootable ?

Edit 2: upgraded the MB to 1608 firmware but same issue ;)

Edit 3: Installed on top of the key content latest Chameleon, and now I have a grey Lion screen but for the moment, nothing is happening :/ I tried to put the verbose mode but everything is OK until this grey screen. A graphic card issue ? (Radeon 6970)

Edit 3: Installed on top of the key content latest Chameleon, and now I have a grey Lion screen but for the moment, nothing is happening :/ I tried to put the verbose mode but everything is OK until this grey screen. A graphic card issue ? (Radeon 6970)

If you are using a 6970 then you will need to delete the System\Library\Extensions\ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle in order to reach the desktop. Once you get that far you can install the 6970 driver package in order to gain driver support for the 6970 card.

Your saying single user mode. I tried it didnt work.

I take it you can still boot by using the usb boot disk?

It looks to me like you didn't install the boot package after installing lion.

I take it you can still boot by using the usb boot disk?

It looks to me like you didn't install the boot package after installing lion.

Yes I can boot everytime from USB Boot Disk.

And this morning I opened machine eject to Andys 5 Boot CD and suddenly your loading screen came its loaded but stuck on grey screen. I can move mouse but nothing seeing.

And I tried single user mode its came. Can I any modification in there...

Yes I can boot everytime from USB Boot Disk.

And this morning I opened machine eject to Andys 5 Boot CD and suddenly your loading screen came its loaded but stuck on grey screen. I can move mouse but nothing seeing.

And I tried single user mode its came. Can I any modification in there...

That's because (according to your signature) you are using a 6950 which isn't supported without a patch. So I can't understand how on earth you have ever managed to get to the desktop even using the boot disk with that card.

For 6950 and 6970 cards you need to delete the ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle from System\Library\Extensions to even be able to boot to the desktop - you then need to install Netkas' recent patch to get any kind of decent support for those cards.

That's because (according to your signature) you are using a 6950 which isn't supported without a patch. So I can't understand how on earth you have ever managed to get to the desktop even using the boot disk with that card.

For 6950 and 6970 cards you need to delete the ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle from System\Library\Extensions to even be able to boot to the desktop - you then need to install Netkas' recent patch to get any kind of decent support for those cards.

I sperated my HD and I installed snow leopard one of them. Hope I can step in Snow Leopard.

I tried and I install again andy pro installer and opened. Thank you.

@ telepati

See Part A. here...... :|

Well, I am now running 10.7.0 Lion with 6970 support and everything else working.

Thanks one thousand times Andy !

PS: I checked and I have the same issue regarding the App store computer verification.

Don't thank me thank Netkas! He did the hard bit all I did was stuff it all into a package.

Hey Andy,

is it possible to just release the bootloader as pkg with the latest Chameleon 2.0 revision 1394 (Facetime Fix). I was using Chimera but it sucks that it displays every disk in my system and ur menu only showed the bootable devices.

Kind regards,

Valmar