What network cards work?

Dartamis

613 posts in this topic

WORKS!

Intel® PRO/1000 MT Dual Port Server Adapter

- Chip: Intel 82546 Gigabit Controller. 82546GB.

- PCI 32 and 64 bits

- Intel WebSite with more information

Tested in Leopard 10.5.0.

- Leopard automatically loads: AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext

- Works without any hack/trick.

Procedure (just for fun):

- Switch off your computer.

- Guess how to open it.

- Open the case of your computer.

- Plug it (press it with energy but be gentle).

- Close the case.

- Look for missing screws

- Switch it on and.. you have 2 new interfaces :(

After I got this card I got some information in forums about people using it in older macs.Here

I just bought a Belkin Wireless G USB adapter (F5D7050 ver. 3000) and it works great with my vanilla Leopard install, both in 10.5.0 and 10.5.1. I just downloaded the Ralink drivers, installed them, enabled the connection (as ethernet) in the network control panel. The only drawback is that I have to re-insert the USB adapter every time I reboot to get the driver to activate the wireless, but beyond that it seems to work great!

version 2000 and 3000 of the hardware use Ralink drivers, but newer versions use ZyDas drivers. I bought a ver. 5000 and couldnt get it to work with either of these drivers, so avoid that version. Here's the email I got from Belkin with links to the various drivers available:

We understand that you are looking for the drivers to install the USB Adaptor on Mac Operating system.

To resolve the issue,please follow the below instruction :

only F5D7050 version 2,3 & 4 USB adapters are compatible with Mac OS 10.3 & 10.4. It is not compatible with 10.2 version. Check if the adapter you have is F5D7050 v2, v3 or v4. You can check the version of adapter on the box. If the model number is followed by F5D7050 2xxx (2000 series), it is version 2, version 3 will be mentioned as F5d7050 3xxx (3000 series) and version 4 will be mentioned as F5d7050 4xxx (4000 series). Anything other than these two would be version 1.

Please download the drivers from the links given below:

F5D7050 version 2:

Mac 10.3: http://www.belkin.com/support/download.asp...01;=1&mode=

Mac 10.4: http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Macintosh.html

F5D7050 version 3:

Mac 10.3 & 10.4: http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Macintosh.html

F5D7050 versio 4:

http://atheros.com/RD/downloads/download_ZD1211B.htm

Or

http://dl.qj.net/ZyDAS-ZD-1211-v4.13-Drive.../7929/catid/193

Some of those are broken or non existing links.

Newest Zydas 4.5.9.0 is here as version-4: http://safecom.cn/code/support/DMF.aspx?pid=321

From old zydas ftp site version 4.5.7.0 (posted several time on the WIKI page: ftp://ftp.zyxeltech.de/ZyDAS/ZD1211_USB/Z...all_4_5_7_0.dmg

I also uploaded here the 4.5.9.0:ZDA211MacUSB_install_4_5_9_0.dmg

Another interesting note to add - I asked Belkin if there were any drivers specifically designed for Leopard in the works, and I got this response:

We are sorry to let you know that,we don`t have the drivers for Mac 10.5 Operating system on our website as of now. Our engineers are working on it and it might be hosted on our website very soon. We don`t have information on the release date for those drivers.

So maybe in a few months we'll have fresh new leopard drivers :D

I got both my Ethernet ports working on 939 Asus Deluxe SLI board. The nforce Ethernet and the Marvell Ethernet.

But still cannot get CI/QE to work on my 6800 GT PCIe card.... It can work in Safe mode with dual monitor (boot with -x option) but seems like it changes resolution to a blank black screen and just dies if you boot normally

My spec:

AMD Athlon X2 4400+@2.7Ghz

Geoforce 6800 GT PCIe (no QE/CI for now)

2 GB RAM

(Leopard 10.5.1)

(Tiger 10.4.8)

(WinXP)

hi all,

I have an IBM/Lenovo thinkpad T43. It has the Intel 2200 pro, I pulled it out and am planning to replace it with a mac os compatible card. So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of what mini wireless adapter I should get and where. I've tried looking for the ibm replacement for the T43 but no luck. However, I found a 802.11 a/b/g wireless mini pci adapter for T60, but I don't know if it will work for the T43. Thanks

ns

I am having great luck with Broadcomm. Seems that Broadcomm and Atheros are supported well under Mac (Ethernet AND Wireless). Just my experience so far. But I am only at 10.4 hack right now. Didn't use any special drivers except those that came in Uphuck.

Cheers.

I am having great luck with Broadcomm. Seems that Broadcomm and Atheros are supported well under Mac (Ethernet AND Wireless). Just my experience so far. But I am only at 10.4 hack right now. Didn't use any special drivers except those that came in Uphuck.

Cheers.

you guys are funny! Johny, tell us the models worked for you and the os so we can buy those that work!

hi guys, i have this question... my leopard can detect my ethernet card from the system profiler.. however, on the BSD Device name it says "eno".. also on the network under system preferences it says "the cable for built-it ethernet is not plugged in".. is there a way i can make my network card work? thanks guys...

I read here that Intel onboard nics usually work, how about tge pci/pci-express models? I have an Asus P5K motherboard but no more normal PCI slots available otherwise I would've stuck my realtek 8139 in there. So I was looking at this intel nic on pci express: http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/...top_adapter.htm I searched for this product in the forums but with no succes, does anyone have any experience with it who is witholding this info? ;)

Please let me know.

Hello:

I got the Addlogix USB wifi stick from Macmall. I have had it for about a week and now it causing random grey screen crashes. Since I stopped using it (I am using an Airlink 101 Access Point now) no crashing.I am on Leopard 10.5.1 on an Asus A8JS notebook (Intel Core Duo T7200, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 7700 GO with 512 MB VRAM, 250GB SATA HDD, 14" screen 1440x900, Intel 3945 WIFI, Realtek 8111/8168B)

Hey there guys.

The only lan devices I have here are the onboard VIA RHINE and a Realtek 8139.

I followed the steps here at the posts, but the instalation proccess could not be completed, showing a "System extension cannot be used" error.

Btw, using Leopard 10.5.0.

Should I review any of the steps here?

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi Everyone.

I have an Acer 5680 working with Uphuck 10.4.9. Almost everything is working but:

- Ethernet: Broadcom Netlink Gigabit 57XX

- Wifi: Intel Pro 3945ABG

If anyone has a suggestion please let me know.

Thanks in advance