Kext Wizard - Easy to use Kext Installer and more

janek202

269 posts in this topic

It's still a "no go". Tried the app booted with i386 arch and

i get those wrong kext bundle-id's (left picture):

post-291566-1307925222_thumb.png post-291566-1307925252_thumb.png

now i think is done the translation , if something wrong tell me please ..

Verei se fizeste um bom trabalho :P

Saudações da Margem Sul...

Ok, the mystery is starting to unfold... brb with conclusions...

Update:

Damn "ips driver error" turned the brb into a bbl :):hammer:

:angry:

Janek, mystery solved; the first test build you posted is fixed if i download it with either

Safari, Opera, Chromium/Google Chrome or Firefox stable; i use Nightly most of the time, only falling back

to another channel if there's some major bug, or i wouldn't be of any use as a tester.

Anyway, the one on first post is/was indeed messed up, as you know ;)

Edited by Azimutz

Janek, mystery solved; the first test build you posted is fixed if i download it with either

Safari, Opera, Chromium/Google Chrome or Firefox stable; i use Nightly most of the time, only falling back

to another channel if there's some major bug, or i wouldn't be of any use as a tester.

And what about the second one?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1696631

Yeah, it's fine too.

What i meant with the last post is that it was already fixed in the first;

i realize now i wasn't clear enough on that point... sorry ;)

It's still a "no go". Tried the app booted with i386 arch and

i get those wrong kext bundle-id's (left picture):

kext_wizz_i386.png kext_wizz_x86_64.png

Verei se fizeste um bom trabalho ;)

Saudações da Margem Sul...

olá boa tarde ,

agradeço toda a ajuda que possas dar , assim como qualquer sugestão, sou relativamente novo no os x .

continua o bom trabalho no chameleon dev team .

1 questão podes dar alguma ajuda na minha placa gráfica é a unica coisa ke não funciona no sistema .

Mas é daquelas que só trazem problemas , funciona muito bem com monitor externo ligado à porta HDMI ou VGA , mas não consigo imagem no LCD do note .

Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512 VRam

1 abraço

olá boa tarde ,

agradeço toda a ajuda que possas dar , assim como qualquer sugestão, sou relativamente novo no os x .

continua o bom trabalho no chameleon dev team .

1 questão podes dar alguma ajuda na minha placa gráfica é a unica coisa ke não funciona no sistema .

Mas é daquelas que só trazem problemas , funciona muito bem com monitor externo ligado à porta HDMI ou VGA , mas não consigo imagem no LCD do note .

Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512 VRam

1 abraço

Sim, na boa... Penso que precisas tentar este tópico, se ainda nao o fizeste?!

Manda pm para nao "poluir-mos" este tópico com conversa alheia :)

Aperto de mao...

I think you posted the wrong file. It looks like that, when I open it. Everything is in English, only window's size is changed...

hi janek now is done

problem in lion with xcode 4.2 / no problem i think in snow xcode 4.0

see and tell me if anything is wrong

pt_pt.lproj.zip

regards

Hi Janek,

Potential bug:

- I have been rebuilding DP4 OS X install on a USB hard drive. Kext wizard can install kexts in both E/E and S/L/E. However, it does not create the mkext cache in either of them.

Also, when I use the Rebuild cache on both E/E and S/L/E, it runs through OK but does not create any mkext caches.

I was wondering whether the repair permissions would work on a bootable USB drive.

Note: Disk Utility does not allow disk repair on a USB Drive.

Could you please clarify whether it is just my set up or a feature of Kext wizard. It it is the latter, you ought to disable the USB non working features. I don't know how disk Utility does it.

My work around at the moment is to copy the Extensions folder to the desktop and create an .mkext cache on there.

Kind regards :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Version 3.7.9 released.

Kexts are now removed before they will be replaced. Before they could be merged (for example plugins).

Added Extensions.mkext creation in /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext

based on /System/Library/Extensions for Lion only.You must enable this feature manually with small Info.plist edition: Change <false/> to <true/> for a key: Manually recreate Lion cache. It's not an elegant trick, so no menu option will be added for it. I recommend to use UseKernelCache=Yes.

Added Extensions.mkext creation in /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext

based on /System/Library/Extensions for Lion only.

Thanks.

But when is that fired ?

Does it get fired when is use manage / System new generartion of Caches ( on an LION volume selected)?

based on /System/Library/Extensions for Lion only.

Thanks.

But when is that fired ?

Does it get fired when is use manage / System new generartion of Caches ( on an LION volume selected)?

I will be fired automatically when you select rebuild system caches, or install new kext.

But you need to edit Info.plist inside an application:

Change:

<key>Manually recreate Lion cache</key>
<false/>

To:

<true/>

It's "hidden" because it's not tested well, and It's not a good way to create caches for Lion.

It will work only for partitions with 10.7.

I will be fired automatically when you select rebuild system caches, or install new kext.

Change:

<false/>

To:

<true/>

It's "hidden" because it's not tested well, and It's not a good way to create caches for Lion.

You indicate "But you need to edit Info.plist inside an application:"

Are you refering to 'Kext Wizard' as 'an application'?

Check and default is Boolean 'No' rather than 'false'

So changing to 'Yes' is OK?

TQ

You indicate "But you need to edit Info.plist inside an application:"

Are you refering to 'Kext Wizard' as 'an application'?

Check and default is Boolean 'No' rather than 'false'

So changing to 'Yes' is OK?

TQ

Right Click on Kext Wizard.app => Show package contents => Contents => Info.plist

If you open it in TextEdit you have to change <false/> to <true/>.

If you open it in Xcode or PlistEditPro you have to change NO to YES.

Right Click on Kext Wizard.app => Show package contents => Contents => Info.plist

If you open it in TextEdit you have to change <false/> to <true/>.

If you open it in Xcode or PlistEditPro you have to change NO to YES.

Got it. Tks for the detail procedure.

Change:

<false/>

To:

<true/>

If I rebuild system caches with this method, wifi and bluetooth get broken, some kexts don't get updated properly and finally I get KP on shutdown. Do I untick Prelink Kernel option I was to use Extensions.mkext?

What is the proper way of rebuilding cache in my case? If I am not mistaken, if I use kernel cache key, then Lion will ignore kexts in Extra folder. Should I move all those kexts to S/L/E? Two of them are just injector so I doubt they will work in S/L/E.

Thanks,

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but a built-in KEXT repository would be the bees knees. -_-

I'm not a web developer. Adding all kexts using mails and dropbox, means too much work.

I won't add every single kext manually into my dropbox. I don't know how to create site for that.

And I'm working on a new project. New wizard. More info soon.

• 2 weeks later...