janek202

Kext Wizard - Easy to use Kext Installer and more

269 posts in this topic

Advertisement
so we can install Lion's kext and rebuild its cache from inside SL? and vice-versa?

Yes. I used "touch" command, so system takes care of rebuilding cache, instead of rebuilding it manually. At least it should work like that.

Hi all.

Recently I was working on new utility for kexts. Version 3.0 seems to be finished, so I decided to show this app on international forum.

Hi I like a lot your app can you/ will you provide source, pleaseee?

Thanks, it's very nice, better than Kext Utility and Kext Helper b7 combined. May it rest in peace.

Great.

But does this new utility handle the rights of kext "correct" if i use kext utitlity works but next OS X Diskutility must repair all of them again.

Great.

But does this new utility handle the rights of kext "correct" if i use kext utitlity works but next OS X Diskutility must repair all of them again.

Yes.

Maintenance: First it sets owner (root:wheel) and permissions (755) for the whole System/Library/Extensions. Some system kexts requires other permissions etc. so after that it repairs permissions on whole target disk using: "diskutil repairpermissions".

Installation: It sets owner and permissions only for newly installed kexts. Others aren't modified. After that it rebuilds cache.

So there's no need to run Disk Utility after using my application.

If anyone would like to make a translation to other language (currently English and Polish) please let me know. I will create necessary files.

Dzięki! Miło widzieć rodaków wspierających społeczność OSX86 :)

Thanks!

Hi all.

Recently I was working on new utility for kexts. Version 3.0 seems to be finished, so I decided to show this app on international forum.

Features:

1. Maintenance: Repair permissions, and rebuild cache for Extra and System/Library/Extensions.

Both directories: Extra/Extensions and Extra/KextStore are supported.

2. Installation: Install kexts to Extra or S/L/E and create mkext.

3. Unpacker: Check mkext's content kexts and unpack it.

4. Kext Information: Check kext's architectures and dependencies.

5. Loaded: Shows list of currently loaded kexts in system.

Hi Janek,

This was long overdue and many thanks for your hard work.

I would like to suggest some additional features in the 'Loaded' section:

-Would it be possible to emulate the functionality of the 'Extensions' section of System Profiler ?

What would be useful is the location of the loaded kexts.

These could be displayed in a new window with the ability to save the info to a text file.

Kind regards,

Rn

-Would it be possible to emulate the functionality of the 'Extensions' section of System Profiler ?

What would be useful is the location of the loaded kexts.

Ok. I will add this in version 3.1. I found a way to search kexts also in /Extra by their bundle-id.

Version 3.1 (Probably Beta).

Improved filtering. More info about selected kext.

Please report me any bugs etc.

When everything will be ok I will update first post with new version.

Edit: Version 3.1 is now official. Check the first post.

Version 3.1 (Probably Beta).

Hi Janek,

A couple of suggestions for future releases:

1- Could you make 'renaming of Extra/Extensions folder to Extra/KextStore Optional. That may be useful for backward compatibility.

2- I know it's early days but it would be nice to output some information messages as to what it is doing (a bit like Kext Utility). That way, one would know whether it is running or stuck.

Thanks again,

Regards

Rn

1- Could you make 'renaming of Extra/Extensions folder to Extra/KextStore Optional. That may be useful for backward compatibility.

Well, I think it's pointless. Extensions will be renamed to KextStore only when "Rebuild mkext" option is selected. Chameleon loads kexts in that order:

1. Extra/Extensions folder

2. Extra/Extensions.mkext

Keeping Extensions folder and mkext is pointless, because kexts will be loaded only from E/E directory. That's why if you want to use mkext (some kexts works only that way) you have change Extensions' name (usually to KextStore).

If you repair permissions, install new kexts etc. this folder won't be renamed.

2- I know it's early days but it would be nice to output some information messages as to what it is doing (a bit like Kext Utility). That way, one would know whether it is running or stuck.

I will think about it, but usually the only function that takes some time is repairing permissions to whole disk (Option repair S/L/E permissions).

Edit: No one reported me any bugs so version 3.1 is officially published.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By fusion71au
      This is a brief guide on how to create a vanilla El Capitan (also same process for Sierra) OS X Installer USB with an updated prelinked kernel containing FakeSMC.

It is tailored for those users who want to understand the “nuts and bolts” of how to create an installer and also to help brush up on their terminal skills (rather than have one made for them with the numerous automated “tools” available or even Apple’s createinstallmedia) :

Specifically, it is also a “Proof of Concept” which shows that installation is possible without even having to rely on boot loader kext injection.

Prerequisites
      Existing Yosemite installation (or Mavericks - see post#4 for steps 7,8) “Install OS X El Capitan.app" downloaded to the Applications folder Pacifist FakeSMC.kext - Slice or Kozlek branch Bootloader - Clover or Chameleon 8GB or larger USB drive (16GB recommended), formatted HFS+ (MBR or GUID) named “Installer”  
      Procedure
      1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Open OS X terminal and type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line.
          The image restore and file copying may take a while to complete, and at the end of the process, the Installer volume is renamed to “OS X Base System"....

sudo -s hdiutil attach /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg asr restore -source /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg  -target /Volumes/Installer -erase -format HFS+ -noprompt -noverify rm /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.chunklist /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System diskutil unmount /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD exit 3.  Right click on the “OS X Base System” Volume and click “Get Info”

4.  Click on the lock icon and untick “Ignore ownership on this volume”

5.  Extract/Copy the El Capitan Kernels folder into /System/Library/ of the USB with Pacifist.  NB It is found in the "Essentials.pkg" in /System/Installation/Packages

6.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel —> OG.prelinkedkernel

7.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of the installer USB using Finder.

8.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel…..

sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System exit Any errors should be noted but the output below is normal e.g.

9. Install your Bootloader targeting the OS X Base System volume

10.  Boot your system with the USB without injected kexts into the OS X Installer GUI....

Post Install
      The original prelinked kernel in a fresh install of El Capitan will also lack FakeSMC ie it will only be linked to Apple signed kexts.  In order to boot into El Capitan the first time around without boot loader kext injection, the PLK needs to be rebuilt for the El Capitan volume like we did for the installer:

1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel for the El Capitan volume —> OG.prelinkedkernel
      3.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of El Capitan using Finder
      4.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel.  In this example, the El Capitan volume is named "El_Capitan" - change if you have named it something else...
      sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/El_Capitan/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/El_Capitan exit 5. Install your Bootloader targeting the El Capitan volume.  This step is only necessary if you are installing El Capitan on a new drive without existing boot loader (not required if installing on a disk with existing boot loader beside Yosemite).
      6. Reboot your system without injected kexts into El Capitan!

Other links
      The All-In-One Guide to Vanilla OS X for beginners

Updates for Sierra and High Sierra   Custom Prelinkedkernel Generator Tool I have made a custom prelinkedkernel generator "PLK.tool" for Sierra + El Capitan.  Instructions:   1.  Download and extract the attached BaseSystem_PLK.tool.zip into your ~/Downloads folder.   2.  Copy any extra kexts necessary for booting your hack to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem/ExtraKexts (e.g. FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller), making sure SIP is disabled. 3.  Copy BaseSystem.dmg to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem  4.  Open terminal and run the following commands... cd ~/Downloads/BaseSystem chmod +x PLK.tool ./PLK.tool ---> supply your admin password ---> will place your new custom prelinkedkernel on the desktop.       macOS High Sierra bypass Firmware and MBR checks in post#13.
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_ElCap.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Sierra.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Mojave.zip (need to run in Mojave to avoid dependency errors)

BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Catalina.zip
    • By Drovosek
      Hey. I found a repository with modified voodoops2controller kext. Finalized it sysctl and kprinssu and the-darkvoid based on the kext from RehabMan.
      https://github.com/syscl/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

This kext almost like VoodooPS2Trackpad from acidanthera.
      https://github.com/acidanthera/VoodooPS2
      https://applelife.ru/threads/acidanthera-voodoops2trackpad-dlja-synaptics.2944059/

I attach the compiled version.
      https://vk.com/doc183234383_514349114

P.S. If you try it, then naturally remove other kexts for the touchpad and keyboard and, first install via KextUtility. If it works fine, then remove it from /S/L/E and throw in /kexts/Other
      VoodooPS2Controller modified syscl.zip
      P. P. S.
      I wanted to upload this archive to the forum in the "Downloads" section to where the cupcakes are located, but I didn't see a button to create a theme there. Also I have there is no opportunity to leave comments. Why?
      It would be nice if someone moved this kext there, too.
    • By Gabigeek
      Hi everybody,
      First this is my first post on this forum so I hope Im creating a topic at the right place 
      Im french, so sorry for my bad english 

So I recently made a Hackintosh Laptop (on a ROG GL553VD-DM078T )
      This laptop is based on a i7 7700HQ and a GTX1050.
      I installed MacOS Sierra using the Clover bootloader and succesfully installed  the kexts needed but one of them is causing trouble.

I Broke my internal ethernet Port so I must use a USB-C ethernet dongle in order to acces the internet ( The Integrated Wifi chipset isn't compatible so that's my only way to connect.)
      Without the UsbInjectAll.kext everything works exept my laptop keyboard wich use USB (yes, the internal ASUS Aura keyboard use USB interface, not PS2 or IC2 ).
      But if I load the UsbInjectAll kext the keyboard works, but the USB-C ethernet dongle is no more recognized at all ( not even in the system report menu)
      The weird thing is that if I plug a USB stick in the USB-C port, it works, but the ethernet dongle won't.

So now I have 2 options :
      -or I load the UsbInjectAll kext and I get my keyboard to work
      -or I disable the UsbInjectAll kext so i can get back my ethernet USB-C dongle to work, but no more keyboard....

Can someone explain why do this happen ? Is there a way to get both The Ethernet dongle and my internal keyboard to work at the same time ?
      If Needed, I can provide more information about the hardware Used etc.

Have a good Day/night 
    • By k.panic
      Hi to all!

I've installed Yosemite on:
      - i5 4690
      - ASRock H87M Pro4 (with intel ethernet I219-V) (IntelMausiEthernet, AppleIntelE1000 and RehabMan for I219V kexts)
      - 8gb ddr3 RAM
      - 1tb hard disk

If I disable I219-V from BIOS, when I shutdown it, don't reboots (tested with all kexts)
      If I enable I219-V from BIOS, when I shutdown it, the system reboots.

How can I fix this? Thanks!
    • By fighttoby
      I have tried to install clover via no UEFI legacy mode (and with UEFI method) using the method here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html)
      both times I can get to just past the clover boot screen and it freezes after that.
      I have verbose (-v) selected in boot options: On the non-UEFI install then it hangs on:
      "Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key>...."

I have had a lot of issues with trying to get the installer working and many different things that had to be disabled but now it just gets to here and stops. Some times it will glitch out on this screen and give me a the circle with the line through it and text garbage around it where the text in the pictures are.

Need help please.

This is the laptop im using the specs are the same nothing has changed.
      https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS_VivoBook_X202E/

config.plist