Asus P8P67 Pro install guide

Guest ^Andy^

663 posts in this topic

Had posted some queries earlier in this thread, but did not get a response - have managed to resolve most of those issues and now have a system thats been 100% stable for a couple of weeks now. Still have a couple of questions though - sorry first time Hackintosh builder here so would appreciate all the help I can get.

If you see the original post a few pages back [ASUS Sabertooth P67, Core 5 2500K, XFX Radeon HD 5770, 8GB G-Skill RipJaws RAM], I had some initial issues with my first install and the second time around the system is 100% stable. I disabled Speedstep and Turbo and the C states in the BIOS, but made no change to the multiplier. The only thing I did post install after installing the Andyboot package was to use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] for the Audio [HDARollBack & HDAEnabler + 892]

While the system is working great now and I have had no issues, there are a few things still nagging me. I know better than to mess around with a perfectly working system from the first time around, so I'm hoping I can get some answers before I try anything.

1. I did not use any DSDT - is this required and will it help me in any way? There was one posted for the Sabertooth P67 on the Tonymac forums

2. Do I need to use FakeSMC, IOAHCIStorageInjector, NullCPUPowerManagement, JMicron36xSATA via [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]? Or are these installed by the Andy package? (and since I'm unsure what some of these do I dont want to take a chance)

3. The new [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] has a newer ATI driver - will I get any benefit if I use this? Or to rephrase, is there a possibility of anything going wrong if I use this? Currently I'm not playing any graphics intensive games (just angry birds!) so I'm not sure if there are any issues. But resolution, effects, 1080p video playback etc are all fine with the current driver.

4. I still have not figured out how to enable sleep - any pointers in this direction are welcome. I'm not using any Bluetooth devices at the moment so not looking for Bluetooth wake.

5. I've had this problem a couple of times - while booting, just after the grey screen with the apple logo, instead of showing the desktop, the screen goes black. Once I restart its fine though. I've only had this happen 3 or 4 times but not sure why. Any ideas?

Thanks Andy once again for the awesome boot CD!

Thanks!

1. I did not use any DSDT - is this required and will it help me in any way? There was one posted for the Sabertooth P67 on the Tonymac forums

If you aren't using eSATA then the chances are that you don't need the dsdt.

2. Do I need to use FakeSMC, IOAHCIStorageInjector, NullCPUPowerManagement, JMicron36xSATA via [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]? Or are these installed by the Andy package? (and since I'm unsure what some of these do I dont want to take a chance)

These are all already installed by the package on the bootcd.

3. The new [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] has a newer ATI driver

Oh no it doesn't!

4. I still have not figured out how to enable sleep - any pointers in this direction are welcome. I'm not using any Bluetooth devices at the moment so not looking for Bluetooth wake.

Sleep for me doesn't work even using the new sleep enabler thats knocking around - well actually thats not true, it will sleep - it just won't wake!

5. I've had this problem a couple of times - while booting, just after the grey screen with the apple logo, instead of showing the desktop, the screen goes black. Once I restart its fine though. I've only had this happen 3 or 4 times but not sure why. Any ideas?

I've not seen that issue before unfortunately.

Hello,

I have the following configuration:

- Asus P8P67

- 8Go RAM

- Four hard drives:

- two that are set in raid 0 mode through EFI BIOS

- two others that are plugged in the SATA 6Gb/s ports and that are declared as AHCI

When I try to boot the SL retail installation DVD with the Andy bootcd, I keep having a "Still waiting for root device".

I don't care of using the Raid array under OSX, it is dedicated to Windows 7 only. I would like to install SL on one of the two other drives...

Any ideas of what could make the system hang ?

Thanks !

If you aren't using eSATA then the chances are that you don't need the dsdt.

These are all already installed by the package on the bootcd.

Oh no it doesn't!

Sleep for me doesn't work even using the new sleep enabler thats knocking around - well actually thats not true, it will sleep - it just won't wake!

I've not seen that issue before unfortunately.

Thanks a ton Andy, that helps a lot in putting my mind at ease! I'm not using eSata, so I shall not worry about the DSDT. With regards to the ATI driver, I installed using your Boot CD after which I noticed the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] release where the changelog mentioned the ATI 1.6.34.13 driver. I'm not sure how to check my current version, but just assumed it was newer since this came out after I used your boot CD. Meanwhile, I can happily live without sleep.

I have not had the blank screen issue for the last week, so hopefully that was not anything serious. Another weird problem I've noticed though is that my Focusrite Saffire does not get detected sometimes if I switch it on after booting the system. A restart with the device on solves the issue, but I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to refresh the device without me having to restart.

Thanks once again for your response and a fabulous boot CD.

Cheers,

Sid

Hello,

I've installed Snow Leopard retail on a usb HDD and internal HDD.

It installed realy quick and fine.

My system:

Asus p8p67 le with the latest bios,

intel 2500k,

8gigs of ram.

Here is the problem:

It wont load the kexts.

Multibeat and the installer from the first post run fine, but the kexts wont load.

I've tried it with the kext helper, but no chance.

Any idea?

I've done it but on separate partitions of the same HDD. Both OSes have been working smoothly.

Can you show us the way to do it? I installed windows on my second partition and wnet back to install osx. Boot error on widows partiotion after I've done with osx. Couldn't repair with windows dvd after that. I know I can always do it the other way by installing osx first then windows next and use window's mbr to boot my osx. But I would like to have chameleon to boot so that it will be much cooler.

Can you show us the way to do it? I installed windows on my second partition and wnet back to install osx. Boot error on widows partiotion after I've done with osx. Couldn't repair with windows dvd after that. I know I can always do it the other way by installing osx first then windows next and use window's mbr to boot my osx. But I would like to have chameleon to boot so that it will be much cooler.

try to fresh windows install,

follow this steps to rempve systen reserved partition, METHOD 3

http://www.mydigitallife.info/hack-to-remo...ling-windows-7/

make 2 partitions without system reserved partition,

install windows to the first partition,

after that, install the os x in 2nd partition, install chameleon manually, search in this forum,

and put the install target to os x hd, to update the chameleon, try using chameleon wizard, with update boot file method

and done,

at least it works for me,

Sent from my iPad

Done everything by the guide, fifth time reinstalling, and every time after the 10.6.7 update getting AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement timed out and DSMOS has arrived.

Guys, please help, I'm completely stuck.

try booting with -f and wait patiently to see if it does finally get to the desktop

Waited for 20 minutes, nothing happened...

what is ur video card? ATi or nVidia?

i had the same problem with u, i have to remove all ATI* in singler user mode,

boot with -v -s

/sbin/mount -uw /

cd /System/Library/Extensions

rm -rf ATI*

reboot

and boot with -v -f

see what happen

what is ur video card? ATi or nVidia?

i had the same problem with u, i have to remove all ATI* in singler user mode,

boot with -v -s

/sbin/mount -uw /

cd /System/Library/Extensions

rm -rf ATI*

reboot

and boot with -v -f

see what happen

Graphics is 5570 silent. Tried this, and booting from Andy's boot,and from the HD still the same, stuck at ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin

Graphics is 5570 silent. Tried this, and booting from Andy's boot,and from the HD still the same, stuck at ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin

Try changing Graphics Enable = Yes instead of no in the com.apple.boot.plist on the HD in the Extra folder and boot from HD. See if that works.

After spending a lot of time getting my new Sandy Bridge build up and running I thought I may be able to save some of you a lot of grief and share what I have so far.

I have created a boot cd that should work perfectly for a P8P67 Pro although it may also work for other Sandy Bridge motherboards.

Enjoy and please feel free to provide feedback.

Andy.

Not trying to hijack a thread but didn't see anywhere else to post this for those who are also following this topic. If more people are interested in additional details, I can spawn a new thread.

I just wanted to point out that this method works quite well for the DP4 release of Lion as well. Of course, after you get DP4 installed natively (without the extra kexts and such), backup your mach_kernel from the root of your install drive, run Andy's tools, and then restore your mach_kernel before rebooting into Lion. Nvidia and ATI should work without any extra tweaking as well (I used ATI 5870 and Nvidia 470 and needed the GraphicsEnabler=yes switch for the Nvidia to work). Getting Geekbench scores above 15,000 on an i7 2600K (no Speedstep).

is there a any way to fix this boot problem from HD?

boot0: GPT

boot0: test

boot0: GPT

boot0: error

i got this error when trying to load lion from one of the other guides i was booting from a memory stick i had to unplug all my drives then plug them back in one at a time eventually got windows going then plugged my other drives back in to get snow leopard going, have you tried using the legacy boot cd that works for me

Hello,

I have the following configuration:

- Asus P8P67

- 8Go RAM

- Four hard drives:

- two that are set in raid 0 mode through EFI BIOS

- two others that are plugged in the SATA 6Gb/s ports and that are declared as AHCI

When I try to boot the SL retail installation DVD with the Andy bootcd, I keep having a "Still waiting for root device".

I don't care of using the Raid array under OSX, it is dedicated to Windows 7 only. I would like to install SL on one of the two other drives...

Any ideas of what could make the system hang ?

Thanks !

Nobody has a clue ?