Asus P8P67 Pro install guide

Guest ^Andy^

663 posts in this topic

OK facepalm moment :unsure:

The current ATI6000 package on BootCD 4 doesn't appear to work properly.

I have built a fixed version of the Boot CD and will upload it this evening. Once done I will provide the new url for download.

For info I have also included the latest ATI drivers in the fixed version (the drivers from the latest 10.6.8 beta).

Fixed version now available here http://www.mediafire.com/?u6m909dn4h0p7cv

Hi should I make an any bios settings before to install Andys Boot DVD? And should I need [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and BridgeHelper or just Andys Boot DVDs enough for everthing works?

Hi should I make an any bios settings before to install Andys Boot DVD? And should I need [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and BridgeHelper or just Andys Boot DVDs enough for everthing works?

The package on the bootcd 'should' install everything you need.

You guys know if osx will recognize a raid drive array of the intel controller?

Thanks.

try to put this to info.plist P8P67SataController.kext

<key>ICH8RRAID</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
		<string>com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort</string>
		<key>Chipset Name</key>
		<string>ICH8-R RAID</string>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<string>AppleAHCI</string>
		<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
		<string>0x28228086</string>
		<key>IOProbeScore</key>
		<integer>2000</integer>
		<key>IOProviderClass</key>
		<string>IOPCIDevice</string>
		<key>Vendor Name</key>
		<string>Intel</string>
	</dict>
	<key>Intel 6 Series SATA AHCI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Chipset Name</key>
		<string>6 Series SATA AHCI</string>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<key>IOPCIClassMatch</key>
		<string>0x01060100&0xffffff00</string>
		<string>0x1C028086</string>
		<key>IOProbeScore</key>
		<integer>11000</integer>
		<key>Vendor Name</key>
		<string>Intel</string>
	</dict>

<key>ICH8RRAID</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Chipset Name</key>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<key>IOProbeScore</key>
		<integer>2000</integer>
		<key>Vendor Name</key>
		<string>Intel</string>
	</dict>
	<dict>
		<key>Chipset Name</key>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<key>IOProbeScore</key>
		<integer>11000</integer>
		<key>Vendor Name</key>
		<string>Intel</string>
	</dict>

Will do and report how it goes later...

Thanks.

The package on the bootcd 'should' install everything you need.

Thank you Andy. I just want to ask one last question my machine come will tomorrow. I dont want to install Windows can I install directly Snow Leopard?

Andy, in this new release of your boot cd, is include the kernel 10.7.4 ?

I ask because i read in other threat , whit this new kernel and new appleintelpowermanager we have all turbos and overclocking working fine without disable the speed-step.

Thanks!

Edit: installed in other disk to see and the kernel is 10.7.3 , in the other side, the graphics enabler are Yes by default.. this break my lcd connected to down dvi port and my second lcd (dvi 2 vga in upper dvi) , fixed whit edit of com.apple.Boot.plist, to No.

Ptd: why didn't put the kext in extra , and put in /S/L/E ??

Will do and report how it goes later...

Thanks.

I tried to setup a raid array and it all went well inside Windows but when I rebooted to my OSX drive it failed to load and must have went into a kernel panic. I hadn't made those kext info.plist changes yet however. Furthermore when I rebooted my raid array was corrupted and I had to delete it and it took some effort to get into windows again. Is there no way to have a raid array running along side OSX on the P8P67 Deluxe?

Thank you.

Andy, in this new release of your boot cd, is include the kernel 10.7.4 ?

I ask because i read in other threat , whit this new kernel and new appleintelpowermanager we have all turbos and overclocking working fine without disable the speed-step.

Thanks!

Edit: installed in other disk to see and the kernel is 10.7.3 , in the other side, the graphics enabler are Yes by default.. this break my lcd connected to down dvi port and my second lcd (dvi 2 vga in upper dvi) , fixed whit edit of com.apple.Boot.plist, to No.

Ptd: why didn't put the kext in extra , and put in /S/L/E ??

You are welcome to try the new 10.7.4 kernel and powermanagement kexts - for me they didn't work so I didn't include them (no point packaging up something that I can't verify on my own system).

GraphicsEnabler should only be set to yes if you ran the ATI6000 package (it's required to fix the crashing dvd player and geekbench).

As soon as 10.6.8 is released there will be no further need for the ATI6000 package at all.

I tried to setup a raid array and it all went well inside Windows but when I rebooted to my OSX drive it failed to load and must have went into a kernel panic. I hadn't made those kext info.plist changes yet however. Furthermore when I rebooted my raid array was corrupted and I had to delete it and it took some effort to get into windows again. Is there no way to have a raid array running along side OSX on the P8P67 Deluxe?

Thank you.

No - only software raid is supported by os x.

You are welcome to try the new 10.7.4 kernel and powermanagement kexts - for me they didn't work so I didn't include them (no point packaging up something that I can't verify on my own system).

GraphicsEnabler should only be set to yes if you ran the ATI6000 package (it's required to fix the crashing dvd player and geekbench).

As soon as 10.6.8 is released there will be no further need for the ATI6000 package at all.

I test today whit this kernel & powermanagement kexts , and you are right... the overclock and turbos don't work :)

Maybe we need a special dsdt whit some , because i read some owners of gigabyte boards have all working whit this kernel.

Macman say:

Also, we've confirmed Turbo and Powerstates are working properly with Mac Pro 3,1 smbios.plist. DSDT HPET edits are necessary. You must also use BridgeHelper (10.7.3 kernel) or the iMac 10.7.4 kernel.

Anyway , for me this will be a good advantage, but I'm really happy whit my working SB hackintosh all thanks to you !!

I test today whit this kernel & powermanagement kexts , and you are right... the overclock and turbos don't work :)

Maybe we need a special dsdt whit some , because i read some owners of gigabyte boards have all working whit this kernel.

Macman say:

Anyway , for me this will be a good advantage, but I'm really happy whit my working SB hackintosh all thanks to you !!

If all you want is a working overclock and turbo just disable EIST in the bios ;)

You sure can!

Thank you. But Im so confused you know. My machine came today and monitor stuck at Duty. Im still waiting to monitor. in this time Im reading motherboard guide. Guide is saying "download and install latest bios from asus site. is this really necessary? Should I install windows for all motherboard and latest bios update from asus before the install Snow Leopard?

Guide is saying "download and install latest bios from asus site. is this really necessary? Should I install windows for all motherboard and latest bios update from asus before the install Snow Leopard?

If you have bios version 1305 or later then I wouldn't bother. Also you don't need windows installed to update the bios, it can be done from within the bios setup screen, under tools. All you need is a copy of the latest bios image on a usb drive and you can update it that way IF you feel the need.

<key>ICH8RRAID</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Chipset Name</key>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<key>IOProbeScore</key>
		<integer>2000</integer>
		<key>Vendor Name</key>
		<string>Intel</string>
	</dict>
	<dict>
		<key>Chipset Name</key>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<key>IOProbeScore</key>
		<integer>11000</integer>
		<key>Vendor Name</key>
		<string>Intel</string>
	</dict>

Thanks about that piece of code. Now thats been inserted I can boot into SL with Raid mode turned on without panic attack. Only problem is that it still sees the array drives as individual drives though have not had the array go corrupt yet. If there was actual kext for the intel raid controller that would be awesome, or some way to hide the drives from osx at the bootloader level so they wont go corrupt just in case...

Thanks all.

If you have bios version 1305 or later then I wouldn't bother. Also you don't need windows installed to update the bios, it can be done from within the bios setup screen, under tools. All you need is a copy of the latest bios image on a usb drive and you can update it that way IF you feel the need.

Thank you man Im really dont know that. I have another question. If I can make connection my monitor to Graphics Card with HDMI is this compatible with Snow Leopard?

Thanks about that piece of code. Now thats been inserted I can boot into SL with Raid mode turned on without panic attack. Only problem is that it still sees the array drives as individual drives though have not had the array go corrupt yet. If there was actual kext for the intel raid controller that would be awesome, or some way to hide the drives from osx at the bootloader level so they wont go corrupt just in case...

Thanks all.

i think theres no solution for ur question,

try this and works perfectly in my hack, but witohut intel raid controller,

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=160467

or

http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?act...=613&page=1

Thank you man Im really dont know that. I have another question. If I can make connection my monitor to Graphics Card with HDMI is this compatible with Snow Leopard?

As fas as I know HDMI should work but I'm not sure that you will get audio working over HDMI.

QUOTE (davidm71 @ Jun 4 2011, 09:53 PM)

Thanks all.

i think theres no solution for ur question,

try this and works perfectly in my hack, but witohut intel raid controller,

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=160467

or

http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?act...=613&page=1

Thanks but I like to have the array shared between windows and mac os, so going to have to figure out how to hide the drives from osx so I dont risk corruption..

A bit off topic, have anybody tried dual booting Windows 7 and OsX on this mobo configuration yet ? I've tried it with OsX installing to a SSD drive and Windows 7 onto a regular hard drive. Osx boots fine but, Windows 7 had boot manager problems. Tried repairing Windows 7 with install disk but giving error message saying Windows Recovery Console version don't match...any ideas ?

Thanks Andy! I have been building x86s for about 3 years now and this was one of the easiest. I am using:

P8P67 Pro R3.1

Sapphire 5870 Eyefinity 6 2GB

8GB Corsair XMS3

I am using a 10.6.0 install DVD and your boot loader installed first try, no problem, very easy, well done. Booting into 10.6 was no trouble at all. I did hit a hiccup after the 10.6.7 combo though. In verbose, the OS would hang @

"acpi_smc_platformplugin timed out appleintelcpupowermanagement"

I either solved this by changing "Graphics Enable" to yes in the plist or installing NullCPUPowerManagement and FakeSMC with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], not sure which, did them both at the same time and haven't messed with it since. As of now everything is running very well. The only annoyance is that after the OS loads I have to turn my monitor off and back on or unplug/replug the video cable to get an image and the audio pop. Not terrible, but if you have any suggestion I am all ears. Now that I am up and running and have a clone of this install I am going to start working on getting it to sleep and do some tweeking.

Well done, happy to have such a monster of a hackintosh. Thanks!

post-301552-1307290074_thumb.png

Thanks Andy! I have been building x86s for about 3 years now and this was one of the easiest. I am using:

P8P67 Pro R3.1

Sapphire 5870 Eyefinity 6 2GB

8GB Corsair XMS3

I am using a 10.6.0 install DVD and your boot loader installed first try, no problem, very easy, well done. Booting into 10.6 was no trouble at all. I did hit a hiccup after the 10.6.7 combo though. In verbose, the OS would hang @

"acpi_smc_platformplugin timed out appleintelcpupowermanagement"

I either solved this by changing "Graphics Enable" to yes in the plist or installing NullCPUPowerManagement and FakeSMC with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], not sure which, did them both at the same time and haven't messed with it since. As of now everything is running very well. The only annoyance is that after the OS loads I have to turn my monitor off and back on or unplug/replug the video cable to get an image and the audio pop. Not terrible, but if you have any suggestion I am all ears. Now that I am up and running and have a clone of this install I am going to start working on getting it to sleep and do some tweeking.

Well done, happy to have such a monster of a hackintosh. Thanks!

Which version of the BootCD did you use?

A bit off topic, have anybody tried dual booting Windows 7 and OsX on this mobo configuration yet ? I've tried it with OsX installing to a SSD drive and Windows 7 onto a regular hard drive. Osx boots fine but, Windows 7 had boot manager problems. Tried repairing Windows 7 with install disk but giving error message saying Windows Recovery Console version don't match...any ideas ?

I've done it but on separate partitions of the same HDD. Both OSes have been working smoothly.