ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

zuus

982 posts in this topic

Ghh that sucks I wanted to use this card with ProTools how depressing. I still haven't even been able to find speakers that support this midi card, how is the quality out of it anyway? The only reason I bought it was for the midi in I didn't even realize that it had audio out!

Heh, you could just try and buy a simple USB MIDI cable. I haven't tried it myself, but if it adheres to the standard, it should just work.

hi, thanks for your generousity, audiodriverwriter!

unfortunately i have an issue with sound..(

i had my m-audio delta 66 working great with envy24 driver.

then, i had a problem with video, geforce 7900 gs - there was no QE.

i installed NVKush which enabled everything, i was happy only but until i found that the sound turned skippy and glitchy and completely distorted.

i think the two interfere with each other, but i have no glue what to do with it...((

edit: resolved by going to midi&audio settings and switching sample rate, it was set 96000. as i switched to 44100, everything went smooth. then i switched back to 96000 and everything is still great.

Hello, for those have the card M-Audio Audiophile 24/96, just install the envy24 driver from here:

http://www.audio-evolution.com/drivers/

Viewed by audio pref panel and all audio software (Logic studio - SoundTrack Pro - etc...) Amazing :)

Someone know what version of Pro Tools run with this card ? i try Pro Tools LE but won't work and The M-Powered one use a dongle :)

also, where i can download the driver from "audiodriverwriter" please

Hello I am new to the community. First of all, I give my deepest gratitude to "audiodriverwriter" for all his efforts. I have read through all the pages and have grown to appreciate all the attempts. The growth is astounding.

I guess my question is, does this mean the shuttle sn25p which has the envy24HT driver now become compatible with osx86?

I am slightly confused over the success of the last previous posts.

Hi!

I have a Gembird sound card (this) and the device id of the card is 0x17241412, but it doesn't work with the Envy24ht driver. Is there a way to get it work?

It uses an Envy24HT, but it's quite a different beast than other cards, since it uses an AC'97. I'm sorry to say that I will not support this kind of card.

Ok, the kernel panic after sleep is a known issue.

However, and will somebody please explain this all to me (I don't know much about OSX at all!):

How come you are using your Delta66 succesfully in Snow Leopard while others complain that it doesn't work?

What is this 32-bit mode? Do you set it for the whole OS or is it just an illegal 32-bit kernel or can you set specific apps or drivers to run in a 32-bit compatibility mode?

Can someone please explain it to me?

Due to popular request, I'm currently trying to build a 64-bit version, but it keeps on saying "architecture not supported", which is odd.

The delta 66 is working fine in SL but only in 32bit mode. The whole OS is in 32bit mode, including all drivers etc. 32bit apps can still be run from the 64bit mode, but drivers have to be specifically written for it.

There's no supported way to run a delta66 from a real mac ;(

Hello, 10.5.8 here with 2 maudio cards.

The 2496 AND Delta1010lt.

I installed the envy24, which allowed me to finally get some audio out.

But i have to kextunload and kextload it to actually work. From a clean boot it will never work. (no sound, yet the driver seems to be recognized)

Is it possible it gets confused between the 2 cards?

Sometimes the audio would work fine (after the unload/load on the fly). but i switch to another audio app (like from itunes, to safari on youtube, the audio would go away. but the audio from the panel (the system) still works. just not from the apps.

Any idea?

Update:

I removed one of the card and sure enough, it worked fine.

@morgz84: That's exactly what i've done, My Terratec Phase 28 Producer (Envy24HT drivers on 10.5.x worked fine), but seeing as i'm heading Snow Leopard way, they no longer work. I now have a Focusrite SAFFIRE, which i've read the drivers work perfectly on both Windows and also Leopard AND Snow Leopard!

Ok, for all the people who wish to have Snow Leopard drivers and want to help me out.

This is the situation:

I have my older PC with Windows XP and OSX10.5 running. This PC has an AMD3800+.

My 'production' PC is an Asus P5QC, Q9550, HD4850 (1GB) and contains XP, XP64 and Vista and has 2 HD's.

Question 1: could somebody find out if there is any chance of running OSX10.6 on the AMD3800? (Preferred solution!)

Question 2: can I install OSX10.6 to a partition on the 2nd HD (SATA) without messing up my other Windows installations? I know I need to flash a new BIOS from USB. It is NOT an option that I change my BIOS settings for the SATA drive to AHCI or whatever it is called. This will mess up Windows.

Question 3: even better, can I run OSX10.6 in 64-bit mode inside VMWare under XP-64bit?

Any info appreciated.

......... Any info appreciated.

dude, dont get me wrong

ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86

let's assume you have an ESI Juli@

.... come on

Question 1: AMD and Snow...

check http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showforum=45 and http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showforum=178 and look for the "AMD hurraaay" threads. Can't find any? It's not possible yet.

Question 2: Yes i'm pretty sure it's possible, but i really wouldn't try it without major help or research : ) - i broke my vista install : )

Q3: Since this is an audio related thread overall, ...running any production related stuff in a VM is not the best choice (cpu, latency, ...)

none of those questions should be in this thread anyway + snowleopard behaves different with 32bit compared to windows, so i am pretty sure... no real need for a 64bit kernel ready driver -for now ; ) (apps can run in 64bit on a 32bit host snowleo-system)

cheers

Ok, for all the people who wish to have Snow Leopard drivers and want to help me out.

This is the situation:

I have my older PC with Windows XP and OSX10.5 running. This PC has an AMD3800+.

My 'production' PC is an Asus P5QC, Q9550, HD4850 (1GB) and contains XP, XP64 and Vista and has 2 HD's.

Question 1: could somebody find out if there is any chance of running OSX10.6 on the AMD3800? (Preferred solution!)

Question 2: can I install OSX10.6 to a partition on the 2nd HD (SATA) without messing up my other Windows installations? I know I need to flash a new BIOS from USB. It is NOT an option that I change my BIOS settings for the SATA drive to AHCI or whatever it is called. This will mess up Windows.

Question 3: even better, can I run OSX10.6 in 64-bit mode inside VMWare under XP-64bit?

Any info appreciated.

OK, here we go, as far as i Know, AMD run SNOW LEO.

If you want to install snow leo withing a windows partition in the same drive, u need a modificed version of the installer made to run snow leo in MBR partition instead of GUID.

U dont need to flash your bios, coz now they have the DSDT mod that runs directly from chameleon! just follow the guides that are avaiable at insanelymac.net

:P

anyway, I think the best solution if you have 2 HDs, is to use a single HD for snow leo. i barely use windows now, only for those windows only apps! with the computer u have, u can run snow leo natively with vanilla kerner with no probs!

This is the situation:

Any info appreciated.

I can give you a hand, no prob. (ok here it goes)

1) Yes its possible! check this threads =

The one with a PreInstaller for SL (don't get confused with the title it works for many others mobo's too)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185097

This a guide for AMD systems

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181876

This also its a preInstaller script (but it doesnt have support for AMD)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185823

2) It's absolutly possible!. check this threads =

For the P5Q's mobos

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185701

& a translate version from that

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=183524

but you should stick with the first one as it has support for many kext's delivers a patched DSDT, what you should do its = check this P5Q's treads, check wich kexts are needed for your system and then perform the fist link I posted.

3) I think it's the most safe solution, you should try that one first

hope i'll be helpfull

I can give you a hand, no prob. (wait for my edit)

Thanks. Some extra information: the older PC has two HD's, one for XP, the other for OSX. I switch between those by selecting the boot drive in the BIOS. It would be the easiest if I could just add another HD to the old PC to it, so I don't risk the other HD's or partitions.

Thanks. Some extra information: the older PC has two HD's, one for XP, the other for OSX. I switch between those by selecting the boot drive in the BIOS. It would be the easiest if I could just add another HD to the old PC to it, so I don't risk the other HD's or partitions.

For guarantee that you´ll be succesfull with the Snow installation you should install 10.5 Leopard on your Intel machine unplugging all yours productions HD´s and leaving just this extra HD with nothing on it, create 3 Partitions with a GUID partition table on the 10.5 Installer, to avoid any future issues with Snow Leopard, install Leopard.

allready on Leopard

you should restore the Snow Leopard installation disk to one of the 3 partitions that you just created.

then install Chameleon v2 RC3 from here Chameleon_2_RC3.zip to a USB stick, copy just basics kexts to the USB extra folder as

fakesmc.kext.

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

find your EFI string with this EFI Studio and edit your com.boot.plist file to enable your graphic card.

don´t go crazy with too many kexts, those were enought for me to boot SL.

Put your DSDT.aml file on the USB stick Extra folder

Copy the boot.plist file with your efi string on Extra folder also to make a smooth boot

Also copy the SMBios.plist file from here to the USB extra folder and modify it to your needs

right there you should be able to Install and boot Snow Leopard by =

booting from your USB stick, select the SL intaller partition disk, Install Snow, reboot and boot from your USB stick again, select your just installed SL partition

IT IS ! that easy, believe me,

then in SL you just install Chameleon v2 RC3 to the SL partition and you should be able to boot it without the USB stick

this is a basic compilation steps from this guide wich i find the easiest of all

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=182227

for more kext go here

http://cid-8b65993ef55cf014.skydrive.live..../Snow%20Leopard

I'm thinking of picking up a Juli@ ... but can anyone confirm that spdif is working? And at 192khz?

Are there any other good options out that meets the following 3 requirements?

1) Supports 192khz via internal dac AND via digital out

2) Roughly around the same price range as a juili@

3) Works under osx86

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

-Mike