ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

zuus

982 posts in this topic

OK. Tried this on a clean Snow Leopard install with the latest SL64 installer making sure it was indeed using 64bit kernel and extensions.

It completed the installation fine, but no new devices initialized at boot (-v) usually Phase28 shows up when booting 32bit.

I'll try installing again within 32bit, and see if it'll boot into both 32 and 64bit kernel and extensions, if that doesn't work, then I'll try installing the kext with kext-helper (or similar program)

Apparently there are some installation issues. Note that I didn't think of people booting SL into 32-bit mode. That means that if the 64-bit kext is installed, this will probably not work under SL 32-bit.

What I find odd is that the kextutil command says that there is no kext installed. Unless there are two kext directories, one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit and if you boot it uses a soft link to point at the one it needs at that moment. Just thinking out loud here.

In any case, you can check the logs to see if anything related to Envy24HT shows up.

Found an obscurity (for at least, Phase 28) The new 64bit Snow Leopard driver at the usual place doesn't work with 64bit kernels and extension OR 32bit kernels and extensions

But it works for me and toxykdude, just not with the installer it seems. I'll find out what's wrong soon hopefully.

audiodriverwriter THANKS for your time to work with the Driver! :) :) :)

boot in 64bit works (can't test it but i see in -v mode that "M-audio Revo Harware Found!..."

boot in 32mode, no, as said before (why it's that?)

so, can somebody tell me if the KP in 64bit driver, after wake is still occurs?

if it fixed, then i should fix my -64bit Boot (any clue!? ;) )

audiodriverwriter THANKS for your time to work with the Driver! :D:) :)

boot in 64bit works (can't test it but i see in -v mode that "M-audio Revo Harware Found!..."

boot in 32mode, no, as said before (why it's that?)

so, can somebody tell me if the KP in 64bit driver, after wake is still occurs?

if it fixed, then i should fix my -64bit Boot (any clue!? :( )

I need to make a kext with support for both 32- and 64-bit kernels. This is not the case now.

The KP after wake/sleep will still exist since I didn't spend time on it.

EDIT: In the meantime I have found out how to code sleep/wake transitions. Now I only need to find some time implementing it, but it shouldn't take long.

@spanakorizo: The original 080 (NON snow Leopard) driver from audiodriverwriter works fine for my rig (Envy24HT/ICE1724 chipsetted card (Phase 28)) in 32bit Snow Leopard... the 0.8.1 revision i'm due to test shortly (Worked fine when extracted and installed with kext-helper)

Will report back when i'm done with another fresh installation of SL, ensuring 64bit kernel and extensions, and then install 0.8.1 Envy24HT drivers =]

EDIT: I'm happy to report a successful installation of revision 0.8.1 on Phase 28 (24HT) with Snow Leopard 64 bit kernel & extensions

Much thanx to audiowriter!!!!

built a comp for a customer with an M-audio delta 24/96 PCI.

used the EnvyHT from audiowriter!

first install, showed up but no sound.

moved the PCI card closer to video card and it started working.

Unfortunately customer needs it for pro-tools and it doesn't show up.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I heard rumor that m-audio has drivers on their website now... Will these work?

I also heard they have a trade in program for certain cards where it will work under PCI based macs?? anyone know or try this?

"at any rate" I still want to show my gratitude to audiowriter for being DOWN FOR THE CAUSE!

Much thanx to audiowriter!!!!

built a comp for a customer with an M-audio delta 24/96 PCI.

used the EnvyHT from audiowriter!

first install, showed up but no sound.

moved the PCI card closer to video card and it started working.

Unfortunately customer needs it for pro-tools and it doesn't show up.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I heard rumor that m-audio has drivers on their website now... Will these work?

I also heard they have a trade in program for certain cards where it will work under PCI based macs?? anyone know or try this?

"at any rate" I still want to show my gratitude to audiowriter for being DOWN FOR THE CAUSE!

Thanks for the compliments! :P

Make sure you have installed the Envy24 driver, not the HT one.

Please also state your (or his) OSX version and check the system log (in Console) to see if there are any messages related to the Envy24 driver not loading because it couldn't allocate memory in the lower 256 MB address space.

@spanakorizo: The original 080 (NON snow Leopard) driver from audiodriverwriter works fine for my rig (Envy24HT/ICE1724 chipsetted card (Phase 28)) in 32bit Snow Leopard... the 0.8.1 revision i'm due to test shortly (Worked fine when extracted and installed with kext-helper)

yeah i realized that so i installed back the 0.8 cause i boot x32

audiodriverwriter thanks again for your effort, will check back the progess in KP after Wake

I can give u a tip that KP comes not only if u play Sound after wake but also if u try to change the settings of "Energy Saver" in System Preferences

don't know if this helps

Thanks for the compliments! :(

Make sure you have installed the Envy24 driver, not the HT one.

Please also state your (or his) OSX version and check the system log (in Console) to see if there are any messages related to the Envy24 driver not loading because it couldn't allocate memory in the lower 256 MB address space.

OSX = 10.5.6 IPC PPF5

You are correct, i installed Envy24 not HT

Thank you!

yeah i realized that so i installed back the 0.8 cause i boot x32

audiodriverwriter thanks again for your effort, will check back the progess in KP after Wake

I can give u a tip that KP comes not only if u play Sound after wake but also if u try to change the settings of "Energy Saver" in System Preferences

don't know if this helps

Cool, yeah, that certainly helps. Hopefully I'll have that fixed within a week.

OSX = 10.5.6 IPC PPF5

You are correct, i installed Envy24 not HT

Thank you!

Ok, so does Envy24 show up in Audio/MIDI setup and you can hear sound by choosing for example 'Configure speakers' and select the left and right channel to hear the test sound/noise? Or does it work in Audacity for example?

If so, I see no reason at all why ProTools wouldn't work if it uses Core Audio.

ProTools wont work with any other driver but the M-Audio ones just because they are tie toguether the card works like a dongle for ProTools and you need the correct driver for that :)

also it would need to show up as an m audio card = (@audidriverwriter = as a tip to try ur self changing the name on the Audio Midi Panel and see if can run PT with these drivers)

ProTools wont work with any other driver but the M-Audio ones just because they are tie toguether the card works like a dongle for ProTools and you need the correct driver for that :)

also it would need to show up as an m audio card = (@audidriverwriter = as a tip to try ur self changing the name on the Audio Midi Panel and see if can run PT with these drivers)

Ah, yes, on XP, my ProTools 'M-Audio Powered' doesn't work with an M-Audio card installed as well. Too bad then.

I once tried renaming my drivers to see if the M-Audio Control Panel showed up and didn't succeed. I don't quite feel like trying it again for ProTools, since it was quite a mess.

Hi, I'm having trouble with my Delta101lt on 10.5, with the following setup:

Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H

Core 2 Quad Q8600

2GB DDR2 800

Envy24 kext

I had the 0.20 driver working fine, then had a crash (stupid NVInject!) and have been unable to replicate the working state...

What I have now is the left channel of audio coming out of the sound card OK, but not a dickie bird out of the right. Have tried all the different outputs, in as many combinations as I could stomach, but still am only able to get the left channel working.

I had a brief spell where (by rolling back to the 0.19 driver) I managed to get the right channel coming through (but through both connected outputs), but this only lasted to the next restart.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Hi, I'm having trouble with my Delta101lt on 10.5, with the following setup:

Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H

Core 2 Quad Q8600

2GB DDR2 800

Envy24 kext

I had the 0.20 driver working fine, then had a crash (stupid NVInject!) and have been unable to replicate the working state...

What I have now is the left channel of audio coming out of the sound card OK, but not a dickie bird out of the right. Have tried all the different outputs, in as many combinations as I could stomach, but still am only able to get the left channel working.

I had a brief spell where (by rolling back to the 0.19 driver) I managed to get the right channel coming through (but through both connected outputs), but this only lasted to the next restart.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I've looked at the code, but I can't see anything wrong. If you had it working correctly in 0.20 before, I don't know what to look for. Btw, if I send you an email via my webmail, it gets refused, so better post here indeed.

Testers asked for Envy24HT 10.5.x driver with kernel panics after sleep/wake!!

On my site, I've uploaded version 0.9.0 of the Envy24HT driver. This driver contains code that logs to the system log whenever a power state change occurs. There are 3 states:

0 = sleep

1 = idle

2 = active

On my systems, I only get state changes between 1 and 2, so it never really goes to sleep and therefore I never have kernel panics. I did add code that initializes the card again when going from sleep into another state, but I can't test it. If some kind soul with 10.5 and these kernel panics can please test this version and report whether the system.log in Console says something about power state changes to/from 0 (you can search for Envy in the log to make this easier) and whether your kernel panics have been resolved, I'd be greatful. Note that this version will not restore your volume/mute settings yet (if it survives sleep at all!). Thank you.

If this works, this will be added to the 10.6 version and Envy24 driver.

Meanwhile I've also built 10.6 kexts with both 32- and 64-bit versions inside one kext, but I can't get into 32-bit mode, so I'll upload a version this week for others to test as well. (I tried booting with -x32 or arch=i386 and always end up in 64-bit mode).

but i think we wont need 10.5 to try it since the old 0.8 version of the driver worked on Snow at 32Bits, so we'll just need to boot Snow at 32 bits and test if the KP has gone

@audiodriverwrite = you still booting with the CD? maybe its because of the .plist file on the CD that you cant boot at 32 BITs

& the file seems to be corrupted as was mentioned

Ok, the file was indeed corrupted and fixed.

As mentioned in my previous bigger post: I've uploaded an Envy24 and Envy24HT driver (0.9 and 0.21) for use with 10.6 only which contains both 64- and 32-bit builds. Please check it out under 32-bit mode, since I can't.

Also, both drivers contain log information on power state changes and init the card when waking up from sleep. Again, I can not test this since my system does not enter the 'deep' sleep state.

I've tested that these drivers will not install under anything lower than 10.6.

Yes, I'm still booting from CD, which might be the problem with 32-bit, but I'll leave it as it is (it works for me, so I'm happy). Only thing is that my (BIOS?) time gets reset, if anyone knows a fix, that would be great.

For Hoontech DSP, please try the Envy24 driver and just report what it does. My DSP2000 C-Port works on analogue outs.

Happy testing! ^_^

tested the new driver (in 32bit a i cant boot 64) and still i get KP after wake B)

tried 2,3 times to install , the last i did a manual install with only the kext

after wake if u try to play a sound, system KP and u hear the sound "looping"

if u need aditional info tell me, keep up the good work ;)