ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

zuus

982 posts in this topic

Followed your AMD links and bought a new SATA HD. Spent my whole free day on installing etc. Unfortunately, it just hangs at the Apple logo.

Now gonna try the P5QC route, wish me luck!

Edit: flashed BIOS, step 1 succeeded! :(

Edit 2: Installed 10.5 on P5QC and got ethernet working

again completely offtopic

edited due not beeing nice ;)

boot into VERBOSE mode... ( -v ) so you have a text output of what's wrong. "Grey Screen with Apple logo" = 0 info.

and PLEASE make a new thread, and just post a link here (You will get a lot more help) ...don't make this thread longer and longer and longer with random offtopic questions.

AND THANK you for making my Juli@ work !

@toxykdude:

"Also copy the SMBios.plist file from here to the USB extra folder and modify it to your needs".
e.g.

basically this was a summary of like 100 vanilla-setup-tutorials in the tutorials section :) BUT without the extra information that is SURELY needed in this case.

again completely offtopic

and PLEASE make a new thread, and just post a link here (You will get a lot more help) ...don't make this thread longer and longer and longer with random offtopic questions.

Considering the vast amount of interest in a SL 64-bit version, I'm sure a lot of people are interested in my progress in installing 10.6. Anyway, I won't post any more on this since I have managed to install it!!

Actually, I still need a boot CD to get into it, but that's totally ok.

Downloaded XCode and I hope to build those 64-bit Envy and Envy24HT versions soon.

Hopefully the coming days.

Would normally be happy, but i mailed you (or someone about the drivers for it in snow leopard) and got told it won't happen... I just spent almos £200 on a new audio interface :D (Which i'm having issue with at the moment (firewire issues)) damn you, audiodriverwriter LOL

Would normally be happy, but i mailed you (or someone about the drivers for it in snow leopard) and got told it won't happen... I just spent almos £200 on a new audio interface :P (Which i'm having issue with at the moment (firewire issues)) damn you, audiodriverwriter LOL

I'm truely sorry, because that's indeed what I said and thought.

Problem was that I was getting some donations and I couldn't just sit there doing nothing.

I had to invest in a new HD and 3 days of my time, but I hope it's worth it. You could donate that firewire device to me, lol! :D

I'm truely sorry, because that's indeed what I said and thought.

Problem was that I was getting some donations and I couldn't just sit there doing nothing.

I had to invest in a new HD and 3 days of my time, but I hope it's worth it. You could donate that firewire device to me, lol! :D

pimage_37323.jpg

^^ Do you mind If I don't? :P

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/sep05/articles/saffire.htm

@ audiodriverwriter

man i'm gonna donate if you can give us a 64bit envy24HT driver. but not right now cuz i'm just finishing my studio so my budget it's so low right now that its just shame :) but yes once everything gets in place i will take some money to support the developers :(

BTW - you should try to install Chameleon 2 RC3 to your snow installation disk, just to get rid off the CD booting

Ah man, i am SO pissed off right now!... I'm running Snow Leopard (forced 32bit) AND have Envy24HT drivers working as well as they did in Leopard!

All i done (not sure if its necessary) is a standalone DSDT patch, and install the drivers, then just select the audio out to Envy24HT (which you normally need to do anyway!)

Going to force 64bit and see if they work!... If i've just blown £200 on a soundcard (that not only can i not get working) but the Terratec Phase 28 Producer works fine... I'm going to be both happy and sad!

Wish me luck!

EDIT: ok, well, somehow i've managed to get the Envy24HT drivers to play nice in Snow Leopard 32bit (the default anyway!) which is a revelation!... (They don't work in 64bit kernel & extensions) ( you can see this by going to System Profiler, and selecting the Software line down the bottom.. It will read "64-Bit kernel and extenstions: ")

I'm going to do a complete reinstall, and see what I didn't do last time ((Only a few very minimal changes applied this time around (Newest GA-P35-DS4 package used, and also a standalone patcher 1.0.1e).. Will report back as soon as possible, i'm VERY excited right now, even to have this working in default 32 bit

EDIT2: Confused.com! Seems whatever has changed in a .pkg for my motherboard has pretty much fixed my soundcard!... This could be a either/or (or maybe both) using PC-EFI 10.3 (latest), as well as the latest DSDT patcher (1.0.1e) I have sound on OSX10.6.1 from Envy24HT!

EDIT: ok, well, somehow i've managed to get the Envy24HT drivers to play nice in Snow Leopard 32bit (the default anyway!) which is a revelation!... (They don't work in 64bit kernel & extensions) ( you can see this by going to System Profiler, and selecting the Software line down the bottom.. It will read "64-Bit kernel and extenstions: ")

you should read the last couple pages of this thread

uhm, I have been reading almost ALL the content of this thread, thankyou very much!!!. Previously i couldn't get the drivers to work AT ALL in snow leopard (32 nor 64bit) and I actually personally emailed the author of the drivers to ask if he was going to support Snow Leopard, and at the time he said not (he even said this himself not so long ago!!!)

Great work audiodriverwriter, if you need a mirror (100mbps dedicated european server) i'd happy to host, and of course help test drivers for as long as I still have my Phase 28 (Just waiting on Texas Instuments firewire card to be shipped (bought on eBay))

didn't worked for me at first try, then i tried to erase old Envy24HT driver and reinstall but didn't worked either, then tryed to extract the kext from the installer with pacifist and installing with KextHelper but didn't worked.

any help its welcomed.

also I could notice that my system doesn't reboot when booting at 64Bits. strange, i think it didn't happen before

have to mention that I have an M-audio Audiophile 192 on 10.6.1 wiith sound flower installed, when it boots I can see the soundFlower in the AudioMidi panel but not the Envy24HT

Can you do 'sudo kextutil -v /System/Library/Extensions/Envy24HTPCIAudioDriver.kext' and tell me what it says?

Man first want to tank yoU! for working on this Driver

sorry i took so long for answer I was working all the day on my daw and when it didnt worked I just installed the previous one and started to worked again

So now im in the 64Bit Kernel with the new Snow driver and did what you said here's what it gives me ==

Warnings:

Executable does not contain code for architecture:

x86_64

Kext declares no com.apple.kpi.* libraries; if it references any kernel symbols, it may fail to link.

/System/Library/Extensions/Envy24HTPCIAudioDriver.kext appears to be loadable (not including linkage for on-disk libraries).

Loading /System/Library/Extensions/Envy24HTPCIAudioDriver.kext.

Can't load /System/Library/Extensions/Envy24HTPCIAudioDriver.kext - no code for running kernel's architecture.

Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/Envy24HTPCIAudioDriver.kext - (libkern/kext) requested architecture/executable not found.

Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/Envy24HTPCIAudioDriver.kext - (libkern/kext) requested architecture/executable not found.

thanks for the good work / keep it up!

&& It would be great if the installer or the kext could handle both architechtures 32 and 64 Bits.

Man first want to tank yoU! for working on this Driver

sorry i took so long for answer I was working all the day on my daw and when it didnt worked I just installed the previous one and started to worked again

So now im in the 64Bit Kernel with the new Snow driver and did what you said here's what it gives me ==

Warnings:

Executable does not contain code for architecture:

x86_64

Kext declares no com.apple.kpi.* libraries; if it references any kernel symbols, it may fail to link.

/System/Library/Extensions/Envy24HTPCIAudioDriver.kext appears to be loadable (not including linkage for on-disk libraries).

Loading /System/Library/Extensions/Envy24HTPCIAudioDriver.kext.

Can't load /System/Library/Extensions/Envy24HTPCIAudioDriver.kext - no code for running kernel's architecture.

thanks for the good work / keep it up!

&& It would be great if the installer or the kext could handle both architechtures 32 and 64 Bits.

Hmm.. either I have been uploading the wrong file or you downloaded the wrong file. I'm guessing the first!

Did it say something about 'Snow Leopard' and 64-bit in the installer?

The above messages are exactly what you get when installing the (old) 32-bit version. I'll try removing the driver on my machine, download from my own website and then install to see if I indeed uploaded the wrong one! I may not have time tonight though.

Thanks for testing and I'd like to hear from the other 10 people who downloaded it!

Ok, so another report here

IT DOES WORK!...man thanks a lot

The installer didn't worked for me so I extracted the kext from the installer and installed with KextHelper and that did the trick!, wondering why didnt worked the first time i tried that way, anyway...

Im having some problems with logic right now but I dont know if they are related to the driver, because its like when im launching some AU's the whole system freezes and doesnt respond any more, I have to reset it!, right now im testing logic for a while without launching any plug and it seems to work nice, we ll see.

Thanks a lot for your work man, support will arrive shortly. :)

Ok, so another report here

IT DOES WORK!...man thanks a lot

The installer didn't worked for me so I extracted the kext from the installer and installed with KextHelper and that did the trick!, wondering why didnt worked the first time i tried that way, anyway...

Im having some problems with logic right now but I dont know if they are related to the driver, because its like when im launching some AU's the whole system freezes and doesnt respond any more, I have to reset it!, right now im testing logic for a while without launching any plug and it seems to work nice, we ll see.

Thanks a lot for your work man, support will arrive shortly. :)

Cool, so there was a 3rd option: the installer doesn't remove old Envy24HT kext installations. It only kextunload's them. I'll try to add that. Great to hear it works!

Hopefully I'll have time for the Envy24 tonight.

OK. Tried this on a clean Snow Leopard install with the latest SL64 installer making sure it was indeed using 64bit kernel and extensions.

It completed the installation fine, but no new devices initialized at boot (-v) usually Phase28 shows up when booting 32bit.

also for debugging

kludges-Mac-Pro:~ kludge$ sudo kextutil -v /System/Library/Extensions/Envy24HTPCIAudioDriver.kext

Password:

Can't stat /System/Library/Extensions/Envy24HTPCIAudioDriver.kext - No such file or directory.

kludges-Mac-Pro:~ kludge$

I'll try installing again within 32bit, and see if it'll boot into both 32 and 64bit kernel and extensions, if that doesn't work, then I'll try installing the kext with kext-helper (or similar program)

Edit: Found an obscurity (for at least, Phase 28) The new 64bit Snow Leopard driver at the usual place doesn't work with 64bit kernels and extension OR 32bit kernels and extensions.... BUT the old 080 works fine on Snow Leopard 32bit... Just a heads up =]

so it doesnt seem to be the driver wich is causing my system freezes but the plugins but that's weird/ anyone else with the same issues in logic?

I've been working for a couple of hours now and just working nicely...also my system freezes if i try to go fullscreen with VLC