ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

zuus

982 posts in this topic

@audiodriverwriter

to fix your CMOS reset chek this app to edit your DSDT.aml file = http://ul.to/22ce19 & the guide to how to = http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=55129

& to fix a boot to 32Bits you should install Chameleon2 RC3 to a USB disk and there edit your .plist file and boot from the USB stick

@Christoff

I've heard that RME has support for most of their cards even the PCI ones for Intel!

KP temporarily fix

download This and install both packages (it will just install 4,5 small files and u can remove them later (no secret installation)

open /etc/rc.sleep

(etc folder is at your root directory (C:/) and it's hidden, you need to show hidden files, a good/fast way is with this widget:

delete ALL inside rc.sleep file and add this line only:

kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/Envy24HTPCIAudioDriver.kext

autenticate and save it

now open /etc/rc.wake

delete ALL and add this line only:

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/Envy24HTPCIAudioDriver.kext

autenticate and save it

all set, u can sleep and wake up with no KP

it's a "tricky way" but i can ensure that it doesnt affect the Sleep/Wake spped, not even the boot timing or the system by any way

This was tested EVEN with ITunes playing music, i pressed Sleep and after Wake it continued playing with no KP :D

@audiodriverwriter

to fix your CMOS reset chek this app to edit your DSDT.aml file = http://ul.to/22ce19 & the guide to how to = http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=55129

& to fix a boot to 32Bits you should install Chameleon2 RC3 to a USB disk and there edit your .plist file and boot from the USB stick

@Christoff

I've heard that RME has support for most of their cards even the PCI ones for Intel!

Thanks, I'll try it.

KP temporarily fix

download This and install both packages (it will just install 4 files at /etc)

open /etc/rc.sleep

(you need to show hidden files, a good/fast way is with this widget:

and add at the end of rc.sleep:

kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/Envy24HTPCIAudioDriver.kext

autenticate and save it

now open /etc/rc.wake

and add at the end:

kextload /System/Library/Extensions/Envy24HTPCIAudioDriver.kext

autenticate and save it

all set, u can sleep and wake up with no KP

it's a "tricky way" but i can ensure that it doesnt affect the Sleep/Wake spped, not even the boot timing or the system by any way

This was tested EVEN with ITunes playing music, i pressed Sleep and after Wake it continued playing with no KP :)

Nice workaround, with your permission I'll add it to my website if you don't mind.

The good news (you probably didn't notice!) was that one driver seems to work for both 32- and 64-bit.

I would like to hear from you though if there were any messages in the Console ("all messages" or kernel.log) that said something about power state changes (see my previous posts). Without your workaround ofcourse!

I do intend to fix this problem though, although it would be nice if I could actually reproduce it! :D

Can others that face this problem also look at their logs please? Thanks.

Thanks, I'll try it.

Nice workaround, with your permission I'll add it to my website if you don't mind.

The good news (you probably didn't notice!) was that one driver seems to work for both 32- and 64-bit.

I would like to hear from you though if there were any messages in the Console ("all messages" or kernel.log) that said something about power state changes (see my previous posts). Without your workaround ofcourse!

I do intend to fix this problem though, although it would be nice if I could actually reproduce it! :)

Can others that face this problem also look at their logs please? Thanks.

ofcourse u can add this workaround, just copy/paste my post and if u don't mind say a thanks to <--- :)

The good thing is that even if there is music coming out from the soundcard and computer goes to sleep (sheduled or not),

when will wake up the driver will be loaded with no KP, and u will not even notice the tricky way.

Take your time and i'm sure u will fix it :)

Now the problem:

I noticed that if i sleep/wake and sleepwatcher unload/load the driver, after this my hacked reboot (openhaltrestart.kext) doesnt work.

It does the same if i dont use openhaltrestart (logs off, everything looks normal, but hangs at black screen with the monitor off)

I thought of adding also openhaltrestart to rc.sleep/wake script so it will load again but this doesnt work.

So then i thought that maybe it would be because of the power states u added in 0.9, and i revert back to 0.8 to test the script, and still no luck

Then i tested the script with a random, whatever kext and i realised that it still breaks reboot, so the problem is not your kext.

Can somebody that use openhaltrestart.kext for reboot try and post the results?

Also if u have normal restart (without hacked kext) also

Use my method to sleep/wake without KP and then do a reboot ;)

p.s. I will check my logs later and i'll post anything i'll see there

p.s2: Yes the driver is 64/32bit :)

Hi audiodriverwriter...

sorry I'm not getting it....

running on snowLeo and have a Esi Juli@ on Gigabyte EP31-DS3L

I tried the Envy 24 HT Drivers... guess all of them ... but nothing is changing... the systems settings everything stays blank... no audio device :(

just in case I'm getting something wrong... you just have to use the installer and reboot afterwards... right?

I tried as well to remove old drivers since you mentioned how to deinstall them

I get the following message within the terminal

(kernel) Can't unload kext com.audio-evolution.driver.Envy24HT; classes have instances:
(kernel)	 Kext com.audio-evolution.driver.Envy24HT class com_audio_evolution_driver_Envy24HT has 2 instances.
(kernel)	 Kext com.audio-evolution.driver.Envy24HT class com_Envy24HTAudioEngine has 2 instances.
Failed to unload com.audio-evolution.driver.Envy24HT - (libkern/kext) kext is in use or retained (cannot unload).

am Im doing something wrong... do I need a kext helper or something as well.?.. do I have to prepair the card in a special way before running the installation?

Thanks for clearing that

&4 all the work you spend

hey,

just forget about my stupid post a couple of hours ago...

finally it is working... guess it would had the whole time---

I switched the pci slot for the card -> and it worked !!!!

U R A GENIUS audiodriverwriter

one last bit--..

32/64bit version (SnowLeo): [Envy24HT_SnowLeopard.0.9.0]

After some time...about 3 minutes or so... the output sound is getting more and more distorted ... with the time it becomes worse.... until the sound disappears completely. ... a similar noise like the one I discovered years ago with my EWS64 -> before there were Asio Drivers 4 PC :D

64bit version (SnowLeo): [Envy24HT_SL64bit_0.8.1]

Here the sound stops completely ... again after about 3 mins...

After or while this is happening you can get it back to normal by changing the sample rate from 44100 -> 48000 and back (within the sound settings of reason * soundflower etc....)

I would think it could be a latency issue, but it happens also when I'm just listening to iTunes the same in Cubase or Reason... Switching from iTunes to Reason does help... guess again because the system initializes the sample rates ...

...Any Idea what could cause this?

THANKS AGAIN

I tried the sleep function but without luck.

I went to sleep with itunes open and after going back from sleep i pushed play and it KP right the way.

I forgot to check the console log, but as i dont go to sleep very often I dont really care about that.

FOLLOW my steps, confirmed it works

just tried it now

This is all cool with the cards working on Snow etc., but how about MIDI support? Wouldn't it be wise for everyone to donate a little something to help our friend audiodriverwriter do something about MIDI? I know it's not top priority, but since the card has it, why not?

Although that's a nice gesture, I don't have any docs on doing MIDI drivers in OSX (although I know exactly how MIDI is handled on the sound cards) and I'm currently overloaded with work.

This is all cool with the cards working on Snow etc., but how about MIDI support? Wouldn't it be wise for everyone to donate a little something to help our friend audiodriverwriter do something about MIDI? I know it's not top priority, but since the card has it, why not?

Although that's a nice gesture, I don't have any docs on doing MIDI drivers in OSX (although I know exactly how MIDI is handled on the sound cards) and I'm currently overloaded with work.

You make it sound like it's hopeless to expect something like that. Well, expect isn't the right word, hope maybe. I can understand you're under stress and all, (aren't we all?) but keep it deep there in the back of your head for a future feature please :-)

If it's ok i'm posting a few links that might "trigger" you...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmiditest/

http://www.nabble.com/help:-Erlang-MIDI-dr...td14957297.html

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/713790/...ver-development

http://www.kineticlight.com/products/midilog.html

http://www.roseindia.net/opensource/open-source-midi.shtml

http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/

If it's ok i'm posting a few links that might "trigger" you...

I looked at them, but they are not what I need unfortunately.

Please find me an open-source OSX(86) driver for a PCI (!) sound card that implements MIDI and then we'll be having MIDI support fast! MIDI monitoring tools etc. are of no use unfortunately.

My Revo 7.1 works fine with SPDIF for audio using the latest drivers. Is there a way to enable AC3 using your drivers? Is it something very simple that I'm missing? My primay use for this would be for a media center.

is there any possibility of the driver fissically damaging the card?

I'm asking this because i'm almost never used my Audiophile 192 on any DAW on windows OS, I've bought this card at the very beginning of this year and always was used on MAC OSX with Logic as DAW and never had any issue with it (respecting to the sound of the card)

BUT

right now im having lots of distortion coming from my card, don't really know if its on MAC OS only or windows also, but I think its very weird as I've never had any issue with it.

what do you think it could it be? / already tested on Snow and 10.5 but same, on windows I'm not really sure cause I have lots of glitches on it but not distortion actually I think.

any comment its really appreciated

thks

is there any possibility of the driver fissically damaging the card?

I'm asking this because i'm almost never used my Audiophile 192 on any DAW on windows OS, I've bought this card at the very beginning of this year and always was used on MAC OSX with Logic as DAW and never had any issue with it (respecting to the sound of the card)

BUT

right now im having lots of distortion coming from my card, don't really know if its on MAC OS only or windows also, but I think its very weird as I've never had any issue with it.

what do you think it could it be? / already tested on Snow and 10.5 but same, on windows I'm not really sure cause I have lots of glitches on it but not distortion actually I think.

any comment its really appreciated

thks

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. The only thing a driver can do to such a card is overwriting the EEPROM, but that won't have the effect you are talking about. Are you trying it on 44.1 kHz?

hi Audiodriver,

Really appreciate your work.

Audiophile 192, working with digital-out in 10.5.8 (but crashing when waking up from sleep).

Now in 10.6.1, i cant get the digital out at all, only analog out. Any idea why / how it can be fixed ?

thanks

hi Audiodriver,

Really appreciate your work.

Audiophile 192, working with digital-out in 10.5.8 (but crashing when waking up from sleep).

Now in 10.6.1, i cant get the digital out at all, only analog out. Any idea why / how it can be fixed ?

thanks

Hi,

I recently purchased a 2nd hand 192, so I can test it. What could have happened is that I compiled an older version under 10.6, but I doubt it. Problem is that I don't have a lot of time in the next weeks to look at this (or any) problem.

Hi,

I recently purchased a 2nd hand 192, so I can test it. What could have happened is that I compiled an older version under 10.6, but I doubt it. Problem is that I don't have a lot of time in the next weeks to look at this (or any) problem.

Man... what about if that could cause future issues with the driver?

maybe that could cause of the problems mentioned above.

you should think about it.

Man... what about if that could cause future issues with the driver?

maybe that could cause of the problems mentioned above.

you should think about it.

I already thought about it. Problem is that my subversion source control system is now on Windows on the same machine that OSX 10.6 runs, so I can't access the svn repository from OSX 10.6. So I had to copy it from my other machine. But I'm getting a low-power Linux machine next week where I'll move my repository to, solving this problem.