ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

zuus

982 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi anyone?!?

Please how can i hear input from spdif on my delta66 using envy24 without using logic (activating the channel input).

better how can i activate spdif input to be ear on the mac envy24 drivers via control panel??

thanks

Hi anyone?!?

Please how can i hear input from spdif on my delta66 using envy24 without using logic (activating the channel input).

better how can i activate spdif input to be ear on the mac envy24 drivers via control panel??

thanks

what is logic?

I'm also can't figure out how to use digital s/pdif. Does anyone know how to turn the output monitor chanels to spdif out instead of 1/2 for garageband?

Logic Pro 8 is an Audio Recording App (see aplle site) the evolution of garageband.

So please i cn turn on the signal in logic but how can i hear from spdif input without using logic?

thanks

I can't remember supporting S/PDIF input on the Delta 66, so if you have that working under Logic, you're a lucky man!

So, you want to monitor the S/PDIF input on your analogue or digital output? Unfortunately, I don't have time to write a complete control panel where you can switch on/off monitoring and do routing etc. Sorry to disappoint you! ;)

I'm using Juli@ and GB ep35-ds3r, 10.5.6 and 44,1khz sampling rate is fully functional and gives me full audio spectrum 10Hz -20kHz in recording. In any higher sampling rate the audio spectrum is only 10Hz-18kHz, even in 192kHz sampling rate mode.

It's not Core Audio limitation, onboard soundchip (ALC889a) does well in 96kHz mode, result is 10Hz-45kHz. Measured via another Juli@, SpectraLAB Pro (FFT analyzer) and windows XP.

Weird.

I'm using Juli@ and GB ep35-ds3r, 10.5.6 and 44,1khz sampling rate is fully functional and gives me full audio spectrum 10Hz -20kHz in recording. In any higher sampling rate the audio spectrum is only 10Hz-18kHz, even in 192kHz sampling rate mode.

It's not Core Audio limitation, onboard soundchip (ALC889a) does well in 96kHz mode, result is 10Hz-45kHz. Measured via another Juli@, SpectraLAB Pro (FFT analyzer) and windows XP.

Weird.

The AKM codec has probably not changed sample rate while the Envy has. I need to look at it some day. Thanks for reporting!

The AKM codec has probably not changed sample rate while the Envy has.

Recorded file is technically correct, it has (for example) sampling rate 192kHz/24bit but audio spectrum is filtered at 18kHz. In same time the Realtek performs like needed.

I tried with Audio Recorder 3.2, Juli@ driver is your latest EnvyHT.

i've been trying to get this to work with my audiophile 2496 pci card

specs:

asus a8v deluxe

amd x2 4400

2 gb

sata driver osx install

satat dv

ide datat drive

install with leopard ideneb 1.4 10.5.6

voodoo kernel 9.5

seatbelt fix

I've tried pacifist also, did't do much. Thankfully everything works after reboot. Except my safari, but i dont really care about that because i prefer firefox

post-444081-1245258610_thumb.jpg

okay fixed, the kernel panic is gone.

seatbel fix wasnt working. I couldnt mound any dmg

had some troubles with marvell.yukon.pkg i couldnt install it, i forgot how but this is how

show packagecontent and than double click on the new window, arggh took me 45 minutes to figure out hahaha

bedankt gast, dit is stukken beter zo, ik ga me nu verdiepen in het developen op osx, wellicht kan ik later een steentje bijdragen in de vorm van code, zal ook even een paypal aanmaken ;)

Logic Pro 8 is an Audio Recording App (see aplle site) the evolution of garageband.

Actually it was sort of the opposite (but more of a devolution than evolution). Garageband didn't come out until 2004, logic has been around since the Atari ST days (was formally known as notator).

Recorded file is technically correct, it has (for example) sampling rate 192kHz/24bit but audio spectrum is filtered at 18kHz. In same time the Realtek performs like needed.

I tried with Audio Recorder 3.2, Juli@ driver is your latest EnvyHT.

If we set output sample rate in Audio/MIDI control panel, results are:

Settings - Real output (SPDIF)

44,1kHz - 44,1kHz

48kHz - no signal

88,2kHz - 88,2kHz SRC works @44,1kHz and 48kHz to 88,2kHz

96kHz - 48kHz

176,4kHz - 88,2kHz

192kHz - 96kHz

Sample Rate Converter (SRC) don't work, exept 88,2kHz mode. In that mode the audio spectrum is up to 40kHz. For enabling after system bootup, we need manually change SR to 44,1 and again to 88,2kHz.

So, question is clearly about correct sample rate, like Audiodriverwriter says.

Maybe this info helping somehow...

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you audiodriverwriter! I got my Delta 1010lt working with your envy24 drivers.

But I do have one complaint, It doesnt sound very good at all, top end is lacking real bad, like 4khz on up. Is there any EQ programs that can host the envy24 to correct this?

Thank you audiodriverwriter! I got my Delta 1010lt working with your envy24 drivers.

But I do have one complaint, It doesnt sound very good at all, top end is lacking real bad, like 4khz on up. Is there any EQ programs that can host the envy24 to correct this?

It's probably the codec that is not set up correctly. I don't have a 1010lt, so this may be tough to fix, but I can try. Problem is that there is a pile of things to 'have a look at' and I don't seem to have much time lately.

I do wonder why the mac drivers straight from Maudio do not work. Its the only piece of hardware that I am using that is mac compatible. Leopard seems to ignore the pci card alltogether.

Anywho, I really appreciate your help and for writing those drivers! Mad props to you.

i have an old sound card, i think it was a turtle beach catalina, 5.1 audio. it is automatically installed on windows as an wdm envy24ht.

think i should give it a try? i currently have a nehalem hackintosh with no sound!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's me just jumping on the bandwagon of people in need of a driver :)

I would happily pay money to have a driver so I could use my st-audio dsp24 + adc&dac2000 on an osx86 platform. It would save me having to buy something else (in terms of hardware), and though I could always just use windows, I'm ready to change things up a bit and try something new in the audio world (new for me anyway!).

I've gone through quite a few pages in this thread but it seems not a lot has been said about my card/setup (from what I could tell anyway, there were a lot of pages to go through!) so will keep an eye on things in here and hopefully there will be something that supports my card soon!

Thanks

Matt