ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

zuus

982 posts in this topic

Thank you for your reply!

I didn't know about the subvendor issue, sorry.

Well, I don't have the card either, I'm just trying to get a card with the best analog output to plug into my amplifier, and of course, a card that works stably (no distortion in the sound) on OSx86.

So I don't need volume control and digital output to work, just the purest analog output possible. :)

That's why I'm looking for Envy24HT based Audiotrak or Onkyo cards.

Is the sample rate issue you mentioned going to hurt in some way the analog output of the HD2 card? Or is it just a digital output issue?

Thank you for your reply!

I didn't know about the subvendor issue, sorry.

Well, I don't have the card either, I'm just trying to get a card with the best analog output to plug into my amplifier, and of course, a card that works stably (no distortion in the sound) on OSx86.

So I don't need volume control and digital output to work, just the purest analog output possible. :)

That's why I'm looking for Envy24HT based Audiotrak or Onkyo cards.

Is the sample rate issue you mentioned going to hurt in some way the analog output of the HD2 card? Or is it just a digital output issue?

If I remember correctly, it only works correctly at 44.1 kHz on the analogue output.

If you don't have this card already, I would advise not to buy the card since I can hardly support it. There is somebody on this forum who uses/used it with my driver. I don't know if the driver is sufficient for him.

Well, since I can't wait, maybe a solution would be to rely on an external solution...

Onkyo does have a USB model that has the same sound quality of the internal SE-200PCI (non LTD, that is), the SE-U55SX... At least from what the maker and the reviews says.

audiodriverwriter:

I'll follow your suggestion, the Prodigy HD2 Advance is not even a card that I really want, my first choise would be the SE-200PCI LTD.

BTW, thank you for your help, you enlighted my way :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

I installed Envy drivers (all of them) on my machine and still my computer doesn't recognize my Delta 44. in sound preference it says : "Aucun periiphérique de sortie détecté" wich means no soundcard detected.

I have installed IPC 10.5.6 Final (Vanilla Kernel) on:

Asus P5GC-Mx1333

Core 2 Duo 2,4 GHz

2 GB Ram

Nvidia 73000 SE 512 Ram.

How Can I fix that ?

Ps: my inboard Network device and my inboard soundcard are not detected as well.

Thx.

Hi audiodriverwriter thanks for all the hard work. ;)

I guess there is no way to make the EWS88MT work?

I am trying this for over a week now, and must say no luck here on my 10.5.6 iPC Gigabyte.

No worries as I have build in sound, input and output but I wanted to use this for some sound recording on sperated channels.

As I saw your postings that you also have the same card as I have could you tell me if your hackintosh sees the card or not?

And what might be the best (in case there are no drivers) soundcard to buy with 8 outputs?

Thanks in advance, veel dank, merci!

Peter

Hi audiodriverwriter thanks for all the hard work. ;)

I guess there is no way to make the EWS88MT work?

I am trying this for over a week now, and must say no luck here on my 10.5.6 iPC Gigabyte.

No worries as I have build in sound, input and output but I wanted to use this for some sound recording on sperated channels.

As I saw your postings that you also have the same card as I have could you tell me if your hackintosh sees the card or not?

And what might be the best (in case there are no drivers) soundcard to buy with 8 outputs?

Thanks in advance, veel dank, merci!

Peter

I just have to find some time to put the card in my machine and debug the driver. It should be simple but it often takes more time than I think. If the card does not show up at all, this could be a very quick fix! Hmm.. perhaps tonight, fingers crossed!

Ok, I got my EWS88MT working after 2 hours (like I said, it's always more difficult than I think! :rolleyes: ).

You can get it at the usual place.

I only tested output 1-2 since I didn't have more time.

This version also routes the analogue inputs 1-2 to analogue outputs 1-2 for zero-latency monitoring. This may not be what you want, so let me know what you think. Unfortunately I don't have time to make a full-blown M-Audio-like control panel to set monitoring volume etc.!

Ok, I got my EWS88MT working after 2 hours (like I said, it's always more difficult than I think! ^_^ ).

You can get it at the usual place.

I only tested output 1-2 since I didn't have more time.

This version also routes the analogue inputs 1-2 to analogue outputs 1-2 for zero-latency monitoring. This may not be what you want, so let me know what you think. Unfortunately I don't have time to make a full-blown M-Audio-like control panel to set monitoring volume etc.!

Installed the latest beta on my delta 44 and it's like everything goes to mono (but on both speakers).

Version 0.17.0 works fine though.

Modifying a freebsd driver will get you a freebsd driver.

The driver model of Core Audio is completely different. Sure you will benefit if you have source code for the same card on another operating system (like I have with my drivers on AmigaOS), but it's still a lot of work to get it into the Core Audio framework.

Envy24.0.17.0 is available now which adds digital out support for the Delta 66 (and only for this card, sorry!).

Thank you for clarification. Yes I see CoreAudio is a different driver modell, but I thought that open source drivers help a lot to understand "how it works". BTW I doesn't use PCI audio card in my hack anymore, cos it is not stable enough for serious audio production and firewire interfaces are getting better and cheaper. OK the realtime audio latency with the PCI card was unbeatable good but reablity is an argument, too. But anyway, thank you for your good work.

I´m sorry audiodriverwriter I found out my Delta 1010 (rack) was broken. Got it back from the shop and your driver do work also with my Delta 1010. I let a friend borrow it for a while and got it back broken so that´s why it did´nt work in the first place. Had no reason to suspect it was broken though cause it turned out he actually never used it, so it must have broke well for no reason just like stuff can do sometimes. I´m all osx these days hade no pc os up running I could test it with and for that matter I did`nt for a second suspect it was broken. For some reason I decided to install win XP on a spare HD and then I found out it was broke.

Sorry about that but I actually did donate so hopefully that eases the pain a bit :( .

I´m sorry audiodriverwriter I found out my Delta 1010 (rack) was broken. Got it back from the shop and your driver do work also with my Delta 1010. I let a friend borrow it for a while and got it back broken so that´s why it did´nt work in the first place. Had no reason to suspect it was broken though cause it turned out he actually never used it, so it must have broke well for no reason just like stuff can do sometimes. I´m all osx these days hade no pc os up running I could test it with and for that matter I did`nt for a second suspect it was broken. For some reason I decided to install win XP on a spare HD and then I found out it was broke.

Sorry about that but I actually did donate so hopefully that eases the pain a bit :) .

Oh, that's ok. These things happen. Good to hear it works now!

• 3 weeks later...
Hi audiodriverwriter,

I have a M-audio Revo 5.1, and I'm using a speaker as well as a headphone.

Is it possible to enable the headphone output port?

Thanks and looking forward for your answer.

David

Speaking of such, which of the supported sound cards would be most suitable for me considering I'll be using active speakers connected via RCA as well as headphones? Prodigy 7.1 perhaps?

Sorry, just a little confused since I'm not sure which output ports are currently working on which cards :rolleyes:

If there is a suitable card, then I'll go hunting for it and audiodriverwriter shall be receiving a nice donation.

Hi

I i am using Envy24HT for my M-Audio audiophile 2496. My output seems to be mono. Audio output is actually coming out from both the L and R output but its just mono ouput (same sound in both the speakers) . Has anyone had this problem?

Hi

I i am using Envy24HT for my M-Audio audiophile 2496. My output seems to be mono. Audio output is actually coming out from both the L and R output but its just mono ouput (same sound in both the speakers) . Has anyone had this problem?

You are actually using the Envy24 driver, not the HT driver. The mono problem is indeed known. You should take the previous Envy24 driver. Will be fixed soon.

Speaking of such, which of the supported sound cards would be most suitable for me considering I'll be using active speakers connected via RCA as well as headphones? Prodigy 7.1 perhaps?

Sorry, just a little confused since I'm not sure which output ports are currently working on which cards :)

If there is a suitable card, then I'll go hunting for it and audiodriverwriter shall be receiving a nice donation.

The Prodigy 7.1 is not supported.

How many channels would you like? Just stereo in/out or more in/out channels?

The Prodigy 7.1 is not supported.

How many channels would you like? Just stereo in/out or more in/out channels?

Sorry, by Prodigy 7.1 I meant Audiotrak 7.1 as you listed.

Just after an Envy24/HT based sound card for hooking up active speakers and a headphone amp, both via RCA. Just would prefer to avoid cable swapping ;) Just stereo output.

Sorry, by Prodigy 7.1 I meant Audiotrak 7.1 as you listed.

Just after an Envy24/HT based sound card for hooking up active speakers and a headphone amp, both via RCA. Just would prefer to avoid cable swapping :( Just stereo output.

Heh, I'm a bit confused about these models. Let's start by saying I don't own an Audiotrak card myself. The old Audiotrak 7.1 seems to have mini-jack connectors and the new 7.1 HiFi seems to have RCA for digital in/out.

Audiotrak support (by me) is therefore rather limited.

There aren't that many cards out there with RCA for analogue in/out (I guess that's what you are looking for). What comes to mind is the ESI Juli@, Terratec EWX2496 and M-Audio Delta 2496. All of these have RCA connectors but you won't be able to hook up the active speakers and the headphone amp at the same time (you would need 4 RCA outputs for that I suppose). I can recommend the Delta 2496, since I have seen ESI Juli@'s that are not working reliable when you turn the half of the card around to get the RCA's instead of the jacks.