ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

zuus

982 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

audiodriverwriter

Thanks for the driver!

It perfectly works with ESI Juli@ in MAC OS 10.5 and even in 10.6 (in a 32-bit mode).

I have tested 44.1, 96 spectrums and sound quality in RMAA and have received complete coincidence result in your driver and the driver under windows from the manufacturer.

A couple of questions:

1) Any chances to add an option of a choice of the external reference clock for spdif in?

2) Whether it is planned to compile the driver for 64 bit modes in 10.6?

audiodriverwriter

Thanks for the driver!

It perfectly works with ESI Juli@ in MAC OS 10.5 and even in 10.6 (in a 32-bit mode).

I have tested 44.1, 96 spectrums and sound quality in RMAA and have received complete coincidence result in your driver and the driver under windows from the manufacturer.

A couple of questions:

1) Any chances to add an option of a choice of the external reference clock for spdif in?

2) Whether it is planned to compile the driver for 64 bit modes in 10.6?

Good to hear it's working.

Adding options is rather difficult, because it would mean I need to make a control panel, which I surely don't have time for.

Is there any advantage in having it compiled for 10.6 if it's working now? I'm not familiar with 10.6, so do you only run the driver in 32-bit mode (if that's possible) or the whole OS?

Anyway, I'm running 10.5 and don't want to switch to anything else really. It has already been quite some work to get it to run on my machine at all.

Good to hear it's working.

Adding options is rather difficult, because it would mean I need to make a control panel, which I surely don't have time for.

Is there any advantage in having it compiled for 10.6 if it's working now? I'm not familiar with 10.6, so do you only run the driver in 32-bit mode (if that's possible) or the whole OS?

Anyway, I'm running 10.5 and don't want to switch to anything else really. It has already been quite some work to get it to run on my machine at all.

I would be very intrested in a 10.6 64bit compile. i can confirm the same results in sl 32bit mode, the driver works.

In 64bit SL, it does not.

64bit SL runs faster which would mean a faster daw.

could you compile a 64bit version from 10.5?

Standard M-audio Delta 1010 works on playback via CH1&2, no volume controls as documented previously.

Installed Envy24.0.20 driver, shut down, installed 1010 PCI card hardware, started machine, worked perfectly after boot, chose Envy in the Audio-Midi app.

Haven't tested any inputs yet. Put some loops on a track in Garageband, bounced ACC files sounded fine with QT player, haven't installed Logic yet.

It is installed in a Psystar Open(Q). Motherboard is a Gigabyte - EP45-UD3P.

Running 10.5.6

Dude you rock for the effort you put in!!!

thanks.

I've just "discovered" that if you install Sound Flower you can control your volume with the keyboard keys or whatever.

It's not the sound from your audio interface that you actually control but the soundflower1 wich routes the sound to your audio interface

this is kind of handdy if you are listenning itunes or anything

&&

BTW = a recompiled kext to 64 Bits would be really nice.// i've just read in other place that compiling it to 64 bits can be succesfully made putting the code in a App? or something and it translates? the code to 64bits..==.hope I'll be right and audiodriverwriter could do this to the comunity.

/// this is the link to soundflower = http://soundflower.googlecode.com/files/So...lower-1.4.3.dmg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I have aureon 7.1 space and i installed the latest driver ENVY24HT_0.8.8.

Output works well, but there is no input. In Settings -≥ Sound -≥ Input is selected Envy24HT,

but under input level i have message : The selected device has no input controls.

Why doesn't input works on my 10.5.7 iATKOS.

Thanks

I'm using the envy24 driver for my Delta66 in Snow Leopard (32-bit mode) and I'm getting a kernel panic when playing back audio after the system wakes from sleep. Any suggestions? I've attached a pic of the KP.

Thanks,

kk

post-216107-1251759227_thumb.jpg

Ok, the kernel panic after sleep is a known issue.

However, and will somebody please explain this all to me (I don't know much about OSX at all!):

How come you are using your Delta66 succesfully in Snow Leopard while others complain that it doesn't work?

What is this 32-bit mode? Do you set it for the whole OS or is it just an illegal 32-bit kernel or can you set specific apps or drivers to run in a 32-bit compatibility mode?

Can someone please explain it to me?

Due to popular request, I'm currently trying to build a 64-bit version, but it keeps on saying "architecture not supported", which is odd.

@audiodriverwriter = Hi mR.!

I´ve just put my Snow Leopard to work, after all it was kind of easy, following each line of this guide wich I found the most easy and of better work = http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...182227&st=0

Yes at 32 Bits the driver works as it should, but at 64 Bits it just wont load. = I have an Audiophile 192

--you could BTW put some drivers to test them by some people who is allready running Snow. I can offer myself as Beta Tester! ;)

-- As you will see in the guide that I mention above to run Snow Leopard at 32 Bits you just have to put= -x32 ---as flag when booting chameleon.

Also want to add that the Chameleon v.2 r431 method from the guide, to an USB drive with just 3 o 4 kext in the Extra folder will be the way to go to a succesfully Snow Leopard on your Hackintosh.

The 32 and 64 Bits kernels were developed both by apple so it´s not a hacked kernel - I also don´t know much about OSX but that´s just how it is ;) -- I think they are in the retail OSX Snow just to add some compatibility? --really no Idea --

You can start the whole OS at 32 bits and it will load all the 32 bits kexts and stuff, also you can at 32 bits launch 64 bits apps with no probls at all, launching the OS at 64 bits it will load everything at 64 bits wich I guess its better, even if I just have 4GB of RAM.

That´s just my 2 cent´s

hope it helps.

cheers :D

Since I didn't manage to compile 64-bit from my 10.5 32-bit installation (even though XCode has the option) after many hours of trying this weekend, and I have no intention to install Snow Leopard any time soon, there will NOT be any 64-bit support in the coming months.

If you need 64-bit so bad, why not buy a real Mac?

Since I didn't manage to compile 64-bit from my 10.5 32-bit installation (even though XCode has the option) after many hours of trying this weekend, and I have no intention to install Snow Leopard any time soon, there will NOT be any 64-bit support in the coming months.

If you need 64-bit so bad, why not buy a real Mac?

Then you will give me a source code. And I will make for 64 bit. What here to hide?

Then you will give me a source code. And I will make for 64 bit. What here to hide?

You're the one who promised me $40 for adding volume controls to the Revo, and after I did you only had some lame excuses (who goes to the bank to transfer money to a Paypal account, lol!) and the money never showed up. Why should I give you anything at all really? You even have some nerve to post here again!

Anyway, I can't give source code because it's in use commercially elsewhere.

You're the one who promised me $40 for adding volume controls to the Revo, and after I did you only had some lame excuses (who goes to the bank to transfer money to a Paypal account, lol!) and the money never showed up. Why should I give you anything at all really? You even have some nerve to post here again!

I can make some donatation for Juli@ 64 driver. No problem.

I can't get Envy24 to work with my Audiophile 2496, I install the drivers and it shows up in the regular sound devices but it doesn't appear in the Midi Devices section

I'm using a

Pentium 4 Dual Core 3.0 ghz

P5Q-E Motherboard

4 gigs of ram

Radeon 4850 HD

Running Leopard 10.5.8

I read a while back on page 10 or audiowriter mentioned something about caches and how you can make kexts dependent on each other and that it's possible to make it so that the graphics kext depends on it so it loads before it? I'm not too sure what the means technically since I've been a Windows kid since forever and would like to try to get this to work so I can pretty much stop using it all together

@ audiodriverwriter

Man why not to release the source code's? ? :D ?

I really dont think you can become a millionaire selling this driver.

You deffinitly must take a look at lot of coders who work's without any $$$ intererst as are the ppl from the Chameleon team, Netkas, all the people who coded lots of drivers at 64Bits from old sources.

release yourself release yourself :D

MIDI is not supported. Audio should work though.

Ghh that sucks I wanted to use this card with ProTools how depressing. I still haven't even been able to find speakers that support this midi card, how is the quality out of it anyway? The only reason I bought it was for the midi in I didn't even realize that it had audio out!