Mac OS X Lion (Developer Preview) Released

harrydeo

1,521 posts in this topic

Thanks, I'll give this one a try.

The one from netkas site ALWAYS give me the double fault error.

Also I read something related to copying kernelcache file from install DMG to Lion's root partition on Netkas blog. I tried but still double fault error. Any other hints to avoid this when booting from chamelon?

It very important is "-v -usecache" or "arch=i386 -v -usecache" in your com.apple.boot.plist.

so if you have -f or boot with ignore caches it get double fault.

And Second, you must have FakeSMC in Lion/S/L/E or use kextload manual

boot in single user: -s -v -usecache

when in the comand line, type:

sbin/fsck -fy

sbin/mount -uw /

cd /System/Library/Extensions

chmod -R 755 fakesmc.kext

chown -R root:wheel fakesmc.kext

kextload fakesmc.kext

chmod -R 755 NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

chown -R root:wheel NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

kextload NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

exit

Don’t use Chameleon RC5 or Chameleon RC4

Use only old Chameleon RC3 + boot form Netkas

if not work try to add "arch=i386 -v -usecache"

thanx :)

i think i managed to get my trackpad works, (i.e i can move the cursor with my trackpad).. but Lion keeps telling me i dont have mouse/trackpad connected

so, my trackpad works but not detected.. weird..

still stuck after the welcome video, :unsure:

answering to my own problem :)

found a workaround to bypass the mouse/trackpad checks after the welcome video

quoting from applelife.ru (translated by google)

As many have noted, passwd root does not work and, consequently, the first launch of the PS / 2 pass fail

cd / System / Library / CoreServices / Setup \ Assistant.app / Contents /
sudo nano Info.plist

At the end of the file comes with an array of key pages of the installer when you first start.

Delete:

<string> DeviceSection </ string>

<string> KeyboardTypeSection </ string>

Save the file (Ctrl + O), reboot and the installer will no longer look for USB / Bluetooth keyboard - you can safely pass the installation

Yes, every Time i want to boot into Lion or Baseimage.

:)

I have works fine with the loader [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], v.1.3 from Ninja

thumb_aa950ea7.png

:) Seen - If you have to run the system with iBoot1.3 and then with Cham2RC3( boot-efi-lion from Netkas), then the system boots fine, DF absent.

iBoot_1.3.zip

I have works fine with the loader [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], v.1.3 from Ninja

thumb_b0ccfc5d.png

10.6.7 ?

10.6.7 & 10.7

Hi, have the same MB (P55-USB3), can you send me Bootfiles (zip?) and DSDT from your System? you can send this via Mail,

please. Send my Email via PM, if this is ok for, answer please via PM too.

Maybe this could be working?

Thx..

Hi, have the same MB (P55-USB3), can you send me Bootfiles (zip?) and DSDT from your System? you can send this via Mail,

please. Send my Email via PM, if this is ok for, answer please via PM too.

Maybe this could be working?

Thx..

Sent ...

Hi Bansaku

Thanks for posting that there's now a third ALC888 audio solution and it's good to hear you have it working. I haven't yet had a chance to look in depth at the differences between the two I knew about and now this one, but I will once the lion inertia has settled. Out of interest, did neither of the previous solutions work for you?

Regards

blackosx :)

Nope. System Profiler showed all of the I/O but Sound Preference Panel showed nothing. After simply swapping out the kext and repairing permissions I instantly got sound. :(

Note: I actually ended up with (almost) the exact same kext as the one I found using the plist data from my recompiled AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.X. Where I went wrong was when changing the binary, I changed all ALC885 entries to ALC888. What was needed was only 2 of the 5 entries changed. ;)

This is actually good news for ALC888 users. Besides ALC888b, there was a mystery ALC888 that would not work with my compiled 10.6.X AppleHDA; users reported success with older boards, while some using a board from the same manufacturer with the same chipset could not get it to work.

I must say, the ALC888 chipset has to be the most frustrating. Currently, these are the variants I have come across: ALC888 a/b/c/s/x and I believe the new one is l (found on Intel boards). All with the exception of 888b use one of two variants (that I know of). The bigger headache is only 888b is ever listed in the specifications. I suppose looking to see which layout ID is the only way to know for sure. :)

hey guys could u help me out anyone who succed running lion. Installation works flawlesly but when i boot into lion, it stuck on apple logo.. tried verbose mode and it stop in these lines

nspace-spaceshot time xxx

resetting iocatalogue..

When this problem happened here I could only boot Lion by deleting the kextcache.

It very important is "-v -usecache" or "arch=i386 -v -usecache" in your com.apple.boot.plist.

so if you have -f or boot with ignore caches it get double fault.

And Second, you must have FakeSMC in Lion/S/L/E or use kextload manual

Hi!

I do have -v -usecacache on com.apple.boot.plist (under both Extra and Preferences folder).

FakeSMC is under /S/L/E as I can boot using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]. [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] for me is not too practical as I need to disable my Jmicron Sata on Bios to it get loaded.

I've also tried the 10 sec power off (no power at all) and same happens DP...

I'll give a try with arch=i386 too

Thanks for helping.

Sent ...

thank you, after finishing some downloads.. i could test it..

same result.. no success and every Time i got a DF-Error..

yesterday it is working with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], today with the Cameleon RC3 and your Bootfiles... no.

iThink, i have to wait for a better solution, that worked for my equipment here....

-_-:):( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

thumb_aa950ea7.png

-_- Seen - If you have to run the system with iBoot1.3 and then with Cham2RC3( boot-efi-lion from Netkas), then the system boots fine, DF absent.

vlzhukov

Thanks for the information and the link on that

Yes, every Time i want to boot into Lion or Baseimage.

:)

ACPI issue, apparently (what it picks up doesn't match what it expects), as it references an AppleACPI-related kext.

Does your Intel CPU lack VT-x? (I did notice that Core Duos got black-flagged by the DP of 10.7.) Hopefully I'll have the chance to grab me a VT-x-supporting Celeron DC post-physical tomorrow (and grab a thumbdrive at the same time).

what about your posted Link?

get only a red bar with foreign language?

Not sure what you mean by red bar, and yes the site is in Russian. Use Google Chrome with the nifty auto-translate page feature to be able to become a member so you can d/l and read what is there. :)

Hello, now is the LION running here too...

Just fine...

this i had made..:

Have Set the Lion-Partition in com.apple.Boot.plist (Folder Extra) like Default Partition -> hd(x,x) and use the Chameleon V2.0 RC5 Bootloader (found at http://www.root86.org).

Set Quiet Boot -> Yes and Graphics Enabler -> YES in Boot.plist too.

So, After Bios ist started and comes up “Loading Operating System” and the Cursor is spinnig, hold or press Cursor-Down several times.. the DF-Error seems to be Timing related.

So my System here (GA-P55-USB3) with DSDT.aml from Tonymacs is just Booting fine. Change the ID for my Graphic-Card in NVDANV50HAL.kext to my ones 9600GT (to 0×062210de… from 0×060210de…) brings me full reolution (changeable and with QE/CI).

Needed Kexts in S/L/E: FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerm, AppleHDA und HDAEnabler from 10.6 System give Audio too.

Had Installed the Booter on USB-Stick, make bootable with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and my DSDT (Custom DSDT-Install), do not check other boxes only custom DSDT install and install on USB-Stick. After that, install the Lion Booter RC5 on the Stick. copy Boot from i386-Folder to root of USB-Stick. make the changes like described on com.apple.boot.plist (-usecache -v as Kernel Flags).

Hope, this helps you to get a full working System..

Rene

Anyone out there managed to install with Geforce 8500GT?

When I'm installing and get at the point where it should go into graphics, it stucks on a grey field with a spinning ball.

I tried a lot, but can't get through...

Hello, now is the LION running here too...

Just fine...

this i had made..:

Have Set the Lion-Partition in com.apple.Boot.plist (Folder Extra) like Default Partition -> hd(x,x) and use the Chameleon V2.0 RC5 Bootloader (found at http://www.root86.org).

Set Quiet Boot -> Yes and Graphics Enabler -> YES in Boot.plist too.

So, After Bios ist started and comes up “Loading Operating System” and the Cursor is spinnig, hold or press Cursor-Down several times.. the DF-Error seems to be Timing related.

So my System here (GA-P55-USB3) with DSDT.aml from Tonymacs is just Booting fine. Change the ID for my Graphic-Card in NVDANV50HAL.kext to my ones 9600GT (to 0×062210de… from 0×060210de…) brings me full reolution (changeable and with QE/CI).

Needed Kexts in S/L/E: FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerm, AppleHDA und HDAEnabler from 10.6 System give Audio too.

Had Installed the Booter on USB-Stick, make bootable with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and my DSDT (Custom DSDT-Install), do not check other boxes only custom DSDT install and install on USB-Stick. After that, install the Lion Booter RC5 on the Stick. copy Boot from i386-Folder to root of USB-Stick. make the changes like described on com.apple.boot.plist (-usecache -v as Kernel Flags).

Hope, this helps you to get a full working System..

Rene

have u got Double Fault when booting ?

Hi!

I have Lion working (with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 1.2) but I have two problems...

1) My wifi card doesn't get activated, even though the pci id is already in the Info.plist (working oob in snow leopard, chipset bcm 4320)

2) The bluetooth dongle only works when I delete kernelcache and boot. But the when I reboot, I lose it.

Anyone have a clue?

Thank you!

in wait of the one more better bootloader , i think it's better use Mac OS X 10.7 on VMware Fusion since Hackintosh or VMware Workstation since Windows !!!

I make turn Mac OS X 10.7 on my Hackintosh , with VMware Fusion ! In my case , there's a lot of difference between a virtual machine and in native install , so im pretty satisfied with the result !!!! :unsure:

capturedcran20110310154.png