Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

Please check my post above... I would strongly suggest adding the SMfirmwarefeatures and SMfirmwarefeaturesmask keys.

In your case, the correct values should be 

SMfirmwarefeatures = 0xE00FE137

SMfirmwarefeaturesmask = 0xFF1FFF3F

(again convert it to decimal before putting it in smbios.plist :P )

Thank you @MinusZwei

I forgot your mention SMfirmwarefeatures and the SMfirmwarefeaturesmask 

I will try soon  :)  

EDIT **

what converter i need to use for conversion ?

• Like 1

EDIT **

what converter i need to use for conversion ?

One of the most complicated one that exists called a calculator :)

The firmware features and mask values are mentioned in hexadecimal (base 16) in clover source code, and Enoch is not able to read 0xXXX values.

Therefore you have to convert the hexadecimal value like 0xE00FE137 to its decimal (base 10) value and place this number in your plist file.

For example 0xE00FE137 in hex is 3759137079 in decimal.

One of the most complicated one that exists called a calculator :)

The firmware features and mask values are mentioned in hexadecimal (base 16) in clover source code, and Enoch is not able to read 0xXXX values.

Therefore you have to convert the hexadecimal value like 0xE00FE137 to its decimal (base 10) value and place this number in your plist file.

For example 0xE00FE137 in hex is 3759137079 in decimal.

To do that is easy. Open your plist with a plist editor, make the tag as "Number"... then paste your hex value (e.g. 0xE00FE137). The conversion will be automatic!  ;)

Btw, I am currently preparing a patch for Enoch that will also accept hex values in plist files...

I don't think I am the only one annoyed by having to convert all int values to decimal first  :angel:

However, I first wants to quickly test it before submitting the patch to ErmaC :)

I try again to create Install Media USB Installer  with the hex conversion, (SMBIOS) the only new change is

I am ok for Install but installer crash in progress bar ➤ 21 minutes same thing like @badruzeus

I will try your change @MinusZwei next time 

thanks again, have a nice day  ;)

I try again to create Install Media USB Installer with the hex conversion, (SMBIOS) the only new change is

I am ok for Install but installer crash in progress bar ➤ 21 minutes same thing like @badruzeus

I will try your change @MinusZwei next time

thanks again, have a nice day ;)

Crash issue was on my first test when by mistake I forgot to use nv_disable=1 (gf119 issue since sierra). The 2nd was should to be success if only I added such smbios datas).

Crash issue was on my first test when by mistake I forgot to use nv_disable=1 (gf119 issue since sierra). The 2nd was should to be success if only I added such smbios datas).

here the Logo  :D  :lol:

17101610.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Legacy Enoch r2905 successfully boots my HFS+ 10.13.2 Beta (17C60c), thanks @ErmaC.  :)

I have a question:

I full erased an USB FlashDisk using GUID - HFS+ to be used for bootloader only (with Enoch as a name). On install wizard, I select it as target volume but "Install in the ESP" option is checked. Is it normal that "boot" binary && /Extra folder placed on "Enoch" partition instead of ESP (EFI)..? TIA.

Enoch_r2905_a43sj.txt.zip

Chameleon_Installer_Log.txt

Hi,

I can boot all my OSx from 10.6 to 10.13 with Enoch 2725 ...

The issue is that to install High Sierra i have used Clover Install USB instead of Enoch ...

It's just what I did. Actually Enoch 2905 boots it perfectly but I have crashes on browsers an mail. But this is offtopic. BTW I didn' t install Enoch or Extra folder on the High Sierra HD. I boot from the main HD with Sierra and Enoch 2905.

• 1 month later...

I guess it needs new developments...

At present, I've found no other solution than a Clover USB key to boot the "install macOS from..." partition & complete fresh High Sierra installations and/or updates... Enoch does not see/show such temporary partitions (in a similar way it cannot boot Recovery partitions).

Once

• the High Sierra installation and/or update has completed
  • CoreStorage been reverted
  • the cache been rebuilt
Enoch can then boot the High Sierra partition again.

give it a try... (not tested...)

v2905 --> removed

I add the "macOS Install Data" entry into disk.c

ErmaC

• Like 1

'just tried and the "macOS Install from ..." partition is still not seen on 1st reboot for update completion. Main High Sierra partition can't be booted either.

Completed the update through Clover.

I need more investigation then...

sorry...

EDIT: w8... I wrote a stupid typo... (I think... :blush: )

now is...

"macOS%20Install%20Data"

was...

"macOS Install Data"

try now -> boot_v2905_v2.zip

ErmaC

I have still Enoch 2905 wich boots 10.13.2 without any issues but I had to use a Clover pen to see the mac os install partition. I must check your new file in my next installation.

• 2 weeks later...

Any news?

Still didn't work here with GPT.

As my test, it will load /macOS Install Data/Locked Files/Boot Files/prelinkedkernel, but did not mount BaseSystem.dmg.

We need to boot with /macOS Install Data/Locked Files/Boot Files/prelinkedkernel

and mount as rootdmg-ramdisk auth-root-dmg=file:///macOS%20Install%20Data/Locked%20Files/BaseSystem.dmg

refer to /macOS Install Data/Locked Files/Boot Files/com.apple.Boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plistversion="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Kernel Cache</key>
    <string>/macOS Install Data/Locked Files/Boot Files/prelinkedkernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>-rootdmg-ramdisk auth-root-dmg=file:///macOS%20Install%20Data/Locked%20Files/BaseSystem.dmg</string>
    <key>Root UUID</key>
    <string>762395DE-A171-395B-8A4E-703454F769E1</string>
</dict>
</plist>

post-61100-0-29765600-1513518813_thumb.gif

• 4 weeks later...

ErmaC, Regards. I am using Enoch-rev.2905_v2 along with FileNVRAM.dylib_rc6 and the NVRAM is not working. It does NOT generate the NVRAM.plist. At the moment I use El Capitan.

Hi stinga11,

where you expect to find the generated nvram.plist file?

ErmaC

In the root or in the extra folder (I know it's hidden)

Pls try the latest one 2908 --> http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/71-enoch/

Include the RC8 of FileNVRAM

(Module changes and build is courtesy of Micky1979)

@crazybirdy or all

can you tell me exactly where the new (temp?) files (I mean in 10.13) are stored

when and update as been done? Can you check it maybe looking from other OSX where those file/folder are stored?

I'm a bit lost with this...

ErmaC

• Like 1